Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I was expecting a flaming aura around jean, but did we get that? no. we never saw her actually rise out of the water. shame...you can tell this movie was rushed in a poorly manner because of what went on behind the production. I wish Singer didn't leave.

As I suggested in another thread, the best thing to do here is to have "Dark Phoenix" from X3 turn out to be Madelyne Pryor. A clone/reproduction of the real deal, explaining why we didn't see all that we would expect to from Jean as the Phoenix.

Sinister cloned Jean, kept her and Scott captive, and what we saw in X3 was a result of his genetic musings. IMO, it cleans that mess up nicely.

Why not just have an Alternate timeline? Its gonna happen in this film anyways and that seems much less complicated and solves everyones problem.

That's obviously the easiest option. I think the Sinister/Pryor option is a good one as well though, if there is anything regarding Jean/Phoenix left unexplained or not cleaned up by the altering of the timeline.

Why not just have an Alternate timeline? Its gonna happen in this film anyways and that seems much less complicated and solves everyones problem.

And less farcical.

It's bad enough we had that hideous coda with Xavier's twin.

That's obviously the easiest option. I think the Sinister/Pryor option is a good one as well though, if there is anything regarding Jean/Phoenix left unexplained or not cleaned up by the altering of the timeline.

If DOFP ends Post X3 that would work, but I dont think X3 will be canon at the end. Could be wrong.

Hoping for X3 to not be canon when all is said and done may be too good to be true. It would be like an admission of failure.

I think the admission of failure happened a long time ago, considering they didn't even touch the current timeline continuity for 7 years because it was left in such a mess.

Plus Bryan admitting he wanted to "fix ****" tells me all I need to know about a few X3 decisions.

I dont think there was bad blood from the actors on X3. Even Singer and Ratner are friends.

I still maintain that Ratner did about as good a job as could have been done given the rushed production and botched script. So it's nice to hear that Singer doesn't necessarily hold Ratner responsible. After all, Tom Rothman is no longer with Fox, and most of X3's flaws can be traced back to Rothman's management and ego-driven desire to stick it to Singer for going off to do Superman Returns.

I still maintain that Ratner did about as good a job as could have been done given the rushed production and botched script. So it's nice to hear that Singer doesn't necessarily hold Ratner responsible. After all, Tom Rothman is no longer with Fox, and most of X3's flaws can be traced back to Rothman's management and ego-driven desire to stick it to Singer for going off to do Superman Returns.

Exactly.

I think all things considered, Brett actually did a great job.

I think some of Ratner's own mis-judged comments & actions after the fact though have not exactly endeared him to the fans, so I'm not too inclined to give him so big a pass.

Making such a big point over X3's box office (made more money=must be better), taking a pop at Singer's films, tweeting the box office takings of X3's opening weekend when First Class opened up, etc.

He may have done the best he could with X3, but he'd do himself more favours by just saying that, rather than trying to kid everyone he'd made a great film.

I didn't know he was engaged in such assery Wobbly. That's unfortunate. :down

I think some of Ratner's own mis-judged comments & actions after the fact though have not exactly endeared him to the fans, so I'm not too inclined to give him so big a pass.

Making such a big point over X3's box office (made more money=must be better), taking a pop at Singer's films, tweeting the box office takings of X3's opening weekend when First Class opened up, etc.

He may have done the best he could with X3, but he'd do himself more favours by just saying that, rather than trying to kid everyone he'd made a great film.

I thought he made a great film, so why can't the movie's own director think so too?

I do wonder if January Jones is returning. She did nothing for me as Emma Frost (Alice Eve was born for the role) so I can't say I'll be disappointed if he skips her altogether. However, I won't be terribly upset if he does cast January either. I love her as an actress, just not as the White Queen.

I hope she's back just for continuity.

I heard rumors that fox didn't want jean and scott in the film...is that true as well?

Because they already died. And I have said this a hundreds of time but they can't simply put all things in 1 movie. You have time-travel, Sentinels, the cast of the OT and the cast of FC in 1 movie, they are already resurrecting Prof X, they have to explain if the powers of Magneto/Rogue are back, the dystopian future and in the top of all those things, you want them to bring back Jean and Cyclops?

How are they gonna deliver a great movie if there's a lot of things going on in the movie. Resurrecting jean and Cyke right away would require a lot of time and development and they wouldn't execute it well if the movie is also dealing with a lot of things. Then if they appeared in the movie, people would whine that they didn't get enough screentime ad character development. Save them for the other movies.

I'd even be happy if Scott and jean showed up post-credits than not at all.

I'd even be happy if Scott and jean showed up post-credits than not at all.

IMO, if James and Famke aren't announced, that actually gives me hope that it'll be a surprise for us. Singer will keep a few things to himself :)

I hope she's back just for continuity.

Because they already died. And I have said this a hundreds of time but they can't simply put all things in 1 movie. You have time-travel, Sentinels, the cast of the OT and the cast of FC in 1 movie, they are already resurrecting Prof X, they have to explain if the powers of Magneto/Rogue are back, the dystopian future and in the top of all those things, you want them to bring back Jean and Cyclops?

How are they gonna deliver a great movie if there's a lot of things going on in the movie. Resurrecting jean and Cyke right away would require a lot of time and development and they wouldn't execute it well if the movie is also dealing with a lot of things. Then if they appeared in the movie, people would whine that they didn't get enough screentime ad character development. Save them for the other movies.

I was referring to X3...not DOFP. I heard that Fox didn't want either jean and scott in X3 and singer was mad...

Jean and Scott will be back. I am 99.9% sure of it. This is the "s***" that Bryan wants to fix from X3.

I can definitely see their return happening at the end of the film, once the future has been changed.

Yeppers!

Think about it: What other s*** is there to fix from X3? Does it not revolve entirely around Jean, Scott and the Professor? What has been the salt in the fans' wounds for the last six years?

The Cure storyline doesn't require fixing it anymore than Bryan's "Mutant Registration Act" premise from the first two films. All four of the top billed stars from the original trilogy are coming back now that Halle Berry is on board. And we also have Anna and Shawn. So...that only leaves who to "fix"?

Jean and Scott are coming back.

I can see the point of fixing Cyclops, since his death in X3 was rather pointless. But even if Jean's storyline didn't get the best conclusion in X3, she still had an arc which started off in Singer's own movies and her eventual "second" death to me seems like a natural end of that arc. If Singer was bringing Jean back at the end of DoFP without all that Phoenix stuff, it wouldn't be so much fixing X3, but more like scrapping the older version of Jean altogether.

Last edited:
Damn...Bryan's Jack The Giant Slayer opened up with only $29 Million in a whopping 3,225 theaters. It's like...2013's first official "John Carter" flop. After what happened with Superman Returns and now this, why am I suddenly nervous about Days Of Future Past?

I hope Bryan hasn't lost his mojo and DoFP will restore the integrity of his cinematic work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"