Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not. And I don't think Patrick Stewart's character will be surprised by that. Its probably Wolverine and Rogue thats going to be surprised.

Why would Stewart get a surprise? He already knows he's gone bald and up to what point he had hair. It's McAvoy who'll get the surprise if he thought his hair would last him forever rather than being completely bald.

Why would Stewart get a surprise? He already knows he's gone bald and up to what point he had hair. It's McAvoy who'll get the surprise if he thought his hair would last him forever rather than being completely bald.

Thats right.

Didn't James say something about them not meeting face-to-face on film? Anyway, I hope they don't shave his head bald for DoFP--it would just further emphasize the fact that they truly do not resemble each other in the slightest way. James' hair is enough for me to suspend my disbelief decently. :o

This is why I always hate when two different actors play the same character at different ages. It's NEVER convincing unless it was like a kid and then an adult.

I guess we still don't know what Stewart's role will be in DOFP. I really hope it doesn't have anything to do with that twin body mindswap thing. :doh:

I hope when the James Stewart X meets the Patrick Macavoy he shaves his head like older bald himself fellow... Let James X version be bald as well and let them join forces together both bald in wheelchairs fighting against all. I think it would be powerful and well.. sort of sethu really

Does anyone else want a Brian Cox cameo?

YES!
I was thinking it'd be really cool to see Wolverine (if they recruit young Wolverine in the 70s),
Beast and Mystique being captured by the Government at the end of the movie,
with a voice over from Brian Cox, in some sort of CIA interrogation room.
We'd hear him speak with them through the glass and then say,
"Erase their memories".
Be a cool way to explain how we encounter them in the OT?

LivesofOthersInterrogationRoom.jpg

This is why I always hate when two different actors play the same character at different ages. It's NEVER convincing unless it was like a kid and then an adult.

For me it's often a part of the suspension of disbilief and not something that pften bothers me. It all depends on the context and execution around it though, but if I like the film, more than often I buy it.

No different actors almost never bothered me in terms of age. People do change over time and if the actors do such a good job like the FC cast did, I'm more than willing to suspend my disbelief for it.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Kelsey Gramer as Beast -- he was perfect; but Houton did an awesome job as Hank as well. And I'm a huge McAvoy fan as Charles, wouldn't mind seeing him own the role in years to come, even in his old age.

I hope when the James Stewart X meets the Patrick Macavoy he shaves his head like older bald himself fellow... Let James X version be bald as well and let them join forces together both bald in wheelchairs fighting against all. I think it would be powerful and well.. sort of sethu really

(okay hit me if i missed a sarcasm here)

Didn't Singer confirm that we wouldn't be seeing them interacting? I want to see Old Prof X existing as an incorporeal psychological archetype remaining in the minds of his students and friends -- that's why he goes undetected by the Sentinels and is still able to lead the X-Men into constructing the time-warp. Magneto, at the end of X3, is depowered. This is the future I want to see. Of course he'll still be in a wheel-chair and as Patrick Stewart, that's essentially how his students would remember him as so his psychic projection would resemble that.

As for Young Charles, I wouldn't mind if he goes bald at the end of this film instead at the beginning -- Cerebro is playing a big part, and McAvoy confirmed once how he wanted to explore what happens to Charles after he's exposed to Cerebro completely in the middle arc before going full Patrick Stewart. Exploring that wouldn't be a bad idea. If he has a breakdown shortly after being exposed to Cerebro, have his hair falling off, sort of enhancing his abilities further before he could muster it, it'd be a great throwback at something Erik sees and is inspired by again. Isn't that the whole point of the device from the first X-film? You had Magneto trying to essentially use a device that amplifies his own powers and then use it to force humans into becoming mutants; the point was that he couldn't because it'd put him in danger. I always imagined that to be something that Magneto got inspired by after seeing what Charles did with Cerebro. IN FC we have Beast finding a way to enhance his mutation as well. Young Magneto, seeing how things are crumbling around him, starts thinking about using that device to amplify his powers that'd be a nice hint to the first film.

On the other side, we have Trask creating hte Sentinels and trying to enhance his own limitations as a human being. The entire message / theme having a very careful Cold War parallel (since it's still the 70s) about military dependency and reliance on machines; you have the age-old tale of man trying to reach for things beyond his reach and...

Flash forward to DOFP, he has. And it has terrible repercussions. Magneto stays powerless; the Sentinels have enslaved everyone; Beast is nowhere in sight; and the only one who had any level of self-control when he tried to better himself with his machines (Charles) is still existing beyond his body. Perhaps there'd be a nice message there about how moderation saves the day, if Charles is indeed the one who practiced that during the 70s arc. (Or I dunno, switch it around; MAGNETO is the one who was practicing moderation and was careful enough despite his extremist ideology, but Charles, the ever idealistic dreamer, in his zeal for peace had instigated a world where the mutants were enslaved and there was "peace" at the cost of something that was very important: humanity).

Yes. This is the movie where you have the mutants confronting their own humanity: Charles losing his legs and his hair gives us a visible look into how his zeal is deteriorating his humanity and he losing himself to the mutant side of things. Magneto's turn to more traditional superheroics show how he is losing his humanity to ideology and symbolism; at the end of the day it is up to the X-Men to save their beloved mentors from their own dogmatism. But can they?

(Or, yknow, instead of Cerebro, maybe it's Time Travel that has caused Charles to lose his hair. Instead of travelling time, i mean THINKING about time travel: anyone would go bald thinking about time travel, so there's that).

Sorry for the long post. :dry:

No different actors almost never bothered me in terms of age. People do change over time and if the actors do such a good job like the FC cast did, I'm more than willing to suspend my disbelief for it.

And then at some point it feels like actors don't chance how they look for a decade or so. I saw this commercial with Hugo Weaving, and I can't believe his characters still looks like he did in The Matrix movies.

[YT]loinY8MmVq8[/YT]

Don't get me wrong, I loved Kelsey Gramer as Beast -- he was perfect; but Houton did an awesome job as Hank as well. And I'm a huge McAvoy fan as Charles, wouldn't mind seeing him own the role in years to come, even in his old age.
I don't mind different actors at all when they're not in the same movie.

If I see James McAvoy and Patrick Stewart in the same frame at the theater I can tell you now it's gonna take me out of the movie. I'm gonna be subconsciously thinking that James' Xavier had plastic surgery to get the thin lips of Patrick's Xavier. Along with a nose job, etc. Really, they don't even remotely favor. They just really couldn't look more different.

BH2QH8jCIAEoDI5.jpg:large

Well. Speaking of costumes.

That's something new.

If they plan to continue with James McAvoy and sequels to First Class (rather than going back to the original trilogy), at some point McAvoy Xavier is going to HAVE to go bald. They can't have him with a full head of hair for this film series. The bald head is his trademark look apart from the wheelchair. If he had neither, then he can be a telepath, but he might seem like a different character.

I honestly don't think they ever envisioned Stewart and McAvoy being in the same movie, much less the same frame though. With First Class, they probably thought they were done with the original cast, so they didn't cast someone who looked like Stewart. Would've probably been better if Fassbender was cast as Professor X and McAvoy as Magneto. But then, would those actors have fitted the characters we saw in FC?

BH2QH8jCIAEoDI5.jpg:large

Well. Speaking of costumes.

That's something new.

Reminds me of Charles' Xavier's costume in Wolverine and the x-men
I like it:up:

Quite interesting that he's standing!

Last edited:
I wonder if the other actors are getting their photos taken.

Those metal shoulder pad thingies. Are they for show, or will they have some purpose?

Those metal shoulder pad thingies. Are they for show, or will they have some purpose?

Xavier will be hovering in this film--but this time without the help of the Dark Phoenix decimating his ass in mid-air. The metal shoulder pad thingies are for the wires to pick him up and put him down. :)

If I see James McAvoy and Patrick Stewart in the same frame at the theater I can tell you now it's gonna take me out of the movie. I'm gonna be subconsciously thinking that James' Xavier had plastic surgery to get the thin lips of Patrick's Xavier. Along with a nose job, etc. Really, they don't even remotely favor. They just really couldn't look more different.

Lol, if I'm immersed enough I wouldn't think about those things at all and it wouldn't take me out of it by default. So I don't envy you. :word:

Omg! That SO reminds me of his Wolverine and the X Men look... The same series where Xavier communicated telepathically from the future to save the world... Hmmm

Omg! That SO reminds me of his Wolverine and the X Men look... The same series where Xavier communicated telepathically from the future to save the world... Hmmm

Indeed. It's definitely a serious nod, isn't it?

Old Xavier looks cool! It looks like a mix of vintage and futuristic. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"