Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

This film will be a good mixture of OT and FC, what singer set up with the OT and will stay loyal to what Vaughn had set up with these characters

Singer is the right person to direct this being a part of both FC and the OT film making

Last edited:
I was so sad when I thought TLS was going to be the last X-Men movie.

DOFP is like a dream to me. *****ing Bryan Singer directing the X-movie with Sentinels. I've been dying to see that!

Yeah I feel I'm finally getting the X4 that i've been waiting for since 2006!

the OT will have a few weeks worth of filming that's more then enough future action

Agreed! It's a great feeling. :applaud

It is a very great feeling.

DOFP feel likes the combination of The Avengers/Star Wars: Episode VII to me. Its not only combining the cast of the original trilogy and the prequel but it will also feature the return of the original cast.

Last edited:

DOFP feel likes the combination of The Avengers/Star Wars: Episode VII to me. Its not only featuring the cast of the original trilogy and the prequel but it will also feature the return of the original cast.
:huh:

It reminds me more of Star Trek: Generations, except... not stupid.

DOFP feel likes the combination of The Avengers/Star Wars: Episode VII to me. Its not only combining the cast of the original trilogy and the prequel but it will also feature the return of the original cast.

I was looking for a gif to respond to this and for some reason......this one just felt right.

tumblr_inline_mmxpnlDlXL1qz4rgp.gif

I do definitely feel like DOFP will be 2014's Avengers, or I hope it will be. That or GOTG.

He was trying to say that the cast from the original trilogy will be featured, and they are very popular with the fans, being the actors from the original trilogy, so you would expect bigger box office results concomitant with the return of the original actors, and because everybody loves the cast from the original trilogy, people will be very happy due to the fact that the majority of the cast from the original trilogy is slated to return, hence the excitement and anticipation surrounding the return of the OT actors.

Did I mention the OT cast would be reprising their roles??? :cwink:

He was trying to say that the cast from the original trilogy will be featured, and they are very popular with the fans, being the actors from the original trilogy, so you would expect bigger box office results concomitant with the return of the original actors, and because everybody loves the cast from the original trilogy, people will be very happy due to the fact that the majority of the cast from the original trilogy is slated to return, hence the excitement and anticipation surrounding the return of the OT actors.

Did I mention the OT cast would be reprising their roles??? :cwink:

thats psylockolussus to talk about the OT none stop, don't take his role!

I hope its for X5. It would be a good idea if they are already working on it right now so after DOFP is released, they could immediately start on polishing the script and in 2015, start filming the movie.

Hahaha!

I still can't understand your hardon for the original cast. That's good for you if they make an X-men 5, but after this film I think they should take a long break and get new actors for an all new X-men series.

You seem like one of those fans that if you love a certain actor or actors in a role you don't think it's possible for anyone else to do better.

As much as I like X1 and X2, there is still major room for improvement to give us an X-men film that feels way more like the comics. I look forward to DoFP, but I hope this is the final film with the old cast.

I'm with you. Love love love the original cast, but I hope this is their swan song and a new beginning with the FC cast.

As much as I like X1 and X2, there is still major room for improvement to give us an X-men film that feels way more like the comics. I look forward to DoFP, but I hope this is the final film with the old cast.

:up:

i personally don't think its going to be an ending for neither OT or FC tbh

i personally don't think its going to be an ending for neither OT or FC tbh

Me neither. I think Mark Millar (for what his opinion is worth) and Bryan Singer both stated that this movie was the beginning of an expansion of the X-Men mythos. They made it very clear this was not the end. All that crap about only doing spin-offs or the possibility of a reboot is out the window for the time being.

Me neither. I think Mark Millar (for what his opinion is worth) and Bryan Singer both stated that this movie was the beginning of an expansion of the X-Men mythos. They made it very clear this was not the end. All that crap about only doing spin-offs or the possibility of a reboot is out the window for the time being.

I don't want to open this can of worms again really but you don't say you're going in a new direction and expand a universe and bring back a cast that hasn't been in a movie together for over six years or do more movies with them to add to that....

Why not? Singer clearly stated he wanted to reach out and expand the universe. That doesn't necessarily mean start from scratch.

Hahaha!

I still can't understand your hardon for the original cast. That's good for you if they make an X-men 5, but after this film I think they should take a long break and get new actors for an all new X-men series.

You seem like one of those fans that if you love a certain actor or actors in a role you don't think it's possible for anyone else to do better.

Agreed. Hoping for a FC3 though to wrap up some remaining loose ends and correct the timeline. Then buy some time with spinoffs, Wolverine 3, FF sequels. Then in another 6-8 years or so, fire it up again, recasting all the players in the corrected timeline. In the next trilogy, I'd go:

X-4: Sinister
X-5: Phoenix
X-6: Apocalypse

The followup to DOFp will eather a:Continue In altered future with exsisting X-Men cast members+New characters net yet used or characters from Origins and last stand that fit the correcting angle Bryan singer mentioned
B:Be set In 1970's or 1980's and involved Introducing teenage versions of Cyclops,Jean,and
Storm.

Fox,and LSD have shown they don't want to start from scratch.

They could have done a reboot with first Class they didn't.

They could have pulled a superman returns with origins and Last stand they didn't,although who knows what happens as far as correcting stuff goes,

The followup to DOFp will eather a:Continue In altered future with exsisting X-Men cast members+New characters net yet used or characters from Origins and last stand that fit the correcting angle Bryan singer mentioned
B:Be set In 1970's or 1980's and involved Introducing teenage versions of Cyclops,Jean,and
Storm.

Fox,and LSD have shown they don't want to start from scratch.

They could have done a reboot with first Class they didn't.

They could have pulled a superman returns with origins and Last stand they didn't,although who knows what happens as far as correcting stuff goes,

Well some people make it sound like option B is a manifestation of the devil. Option B would "fail at the box office", "not carry any interest from the general public", "paint itself into a corner." While I don't 100% disagree with that sentiment, the reality is McAvoy, Fassebender, and JLawrence are headlining DoFP. Audiences will have to move past Jackman at some point. I don't see how these stars can't carry a franchise from here, along with the rest of the young talent they bring in to round out the cast. The movie we were supposed to get all along with FC was a prequel or reboot featuring the core teenage X-men, and now people shun that idea when it may finally be a possibility.

I don't want to open this can of worms again really but you don't say you're going in a new direction and expand a universe and bring back a cast that hasn't been in a movie together for over six years or do more movies with them to add to that....

I didn't say "new direction." Whatever the wording was that they used, I gathered they meant that the stories were too small and didn't have the scope of some other franchises. Do you really think Bryan would oust a cast that hasn't been in a movie together for... oh wait, they're gonna be in a movie together next year. :oldrazz:

IMO, "expansion" doesn't mean abandoning what has come before. It means, taking what we have and making it bigger.

Why not? Singer clearly stated he wanted to reach out and expand the universe. That doesn't necessarily mean start from scratch.

Yep. But I would say it necessarily means NOT starting from scratch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"