Burton's Batman didn't kill anyone.

Who cares if Batman killed in the early 1939 comics and Tim Burton's Batman films? cause I don't.

Neither do I. It's an interpretation of a specific era in Batman. Just like the Adam West Batman show.

They're all valid.

First of all, I've never saw Batman for the most part just murder criminals.....Secondly, Batman bombed Axis Chemicals because, for one thing, he was trying to kill the Joker

Make up your mind!

To be fair, some people suggest that the dynamite Batman attaches to the strongman was actually a circus confetti bomb. Hence the confetti that is visable when it blows up.
I can beleive this, but either way, Batman still killed.

Burton's Batman was a murderer, plain and simple.

Exactly. Knowingly and willingly killing several of Joker's goons and several of Penguin's circus freaks.

Who cares if Batman killed in the early 1939 comics and Tim Burton's Batman films? cause I don't.

That's not what's being debated here. If it was, I'd agree. Like Joker said, it's an interpretation of a specific era of Batman

But what's being debated here is that Batman in Burton's movies didn't kill people. Which is completely and utterly untrue.

Not only did he kill people, but took great pleasure in doing so.

Not only did he kill people, but took great pleasure in doing so.

Burton's Batman did kill, no doubt about it but I wouldn't go as far as saying that he took great pleasure in doing so.

The only time that he did take pleasure was when he attached a bomb to a goon and grinned as it detonated in Batman Returns.

Burton's Batman did kill, no doubt about it but I wouldn't go as far as saying that he took great pleasure in doing so.

The only time that he did take pleasure was when he attached a bomb to a goon and grinned as it detonated in Batman Returns.

Which means he took great pleasure in killing.

Well we can certainly agree that he showed no hesitation or remorse for the deaths he caused.

I think he made it clear that he was gonna kill the Joker in the bell tower. He didn't say it outright, but he seemed ready to, he punched him over the edge initially. A vengeful act, I'm sure he got a kick or some gratification out of killing the Joker.

I think he made it clear that he was gonna kill the Joker in the bell tower. He didn't say it outright

Didn't he say "I'm gonna' kill you" to Joker after he punched him into the bell, and then grabbed him? To which Joker replied "You idiot. You made me, remember?".

No, it obviously means he took moderate pleasure in killing. If he took gret pleasure he would have at least chuckled.:oldrazz:

He looks pretty goddamn happy here:

batmanreturns12.jpg

Didn't he say "I'm gonna' kill you" to Joker after he punched him into the bell, and then grabbed him? To which Joker replied "You idiot. You made me, remember?".
He says something along those lines, he definitely say's 'kill you'.
Look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMRvCiVviuc
At the 4:32 mark.
He's certainly set on giving the Joker some major hurt.

So now the discussion moved from the unbelievably stupid, "Did he kill?" to, "Did he enjoy it?" Who cares. He did one, maybe he did both, the point is it happened and people need to stop writing about it. The simple fact that I'm still checking this is mindblowing, writing about it actually makes me feel less and less intelligent. People, please, for the sanity of all that is good in the world, stop discussing something that shouldn't, and can't be, discussed. He killed in the first two movies and enjoyed it at points. There, said, and done. Can we all go on with our lives now?

Yes, Burton's Batman kills. And you know what? I don't have a problem. Frankly, I find it fits the psychological profile of a guy who takes every single other matter of law enforcement and criminal investigation into his own hands. Drawing the line at killing some of his adversaries may appease the Comics Code but I've never thought it suited the character.

Would Batman kill a random purse-snatcher? No. Would he whack the Joker? You better believe it. I'm not interested in having a debate on this, I'm simply saying that a killing Batman works just fine for me.

I agree. The only reason Batman hasn't killed Joker in the comics is because well, it's the Joker.

Wasn't the Joker killed off early, but returned again? Positive I read that somewhere.

I agree. The only reason Batman hasn't killed Joker in the comics is because well, it's the Joker.

No, it's because the Batman of the last 50 years does not kill. Burton's Batman is based on the early 40's Batman, who did kill.

Wasn't the Joker killed off early, but returned again? Positive I read that somewhere.

Never heard that. He had a couple of those missing and presumed dead endings. But he was never definitively declared dead.

Never heard that. He had a couple of those missing and presumed dead endings. But he was never definitively declared dead.

I think he's talking about the first appearance of the Joker. It ended with him accidentally stabbing himself with his own blade during a struggle with Bats. They were going to leave it at that, but decided last minute to add a hastily drawn panel that suggested the Joker survived.

I think he's talking about the first appearance of the Joker. It ended with him accidentally stabbing himself with his own blade during a struggle with Bats. They were going to leave it at that, but decided last minute to add a hastily drawn panel that suggested the Joker survived.

Huh?

The first appearance of the Joker ends with him being in jail, promising to escape.

Huh?

The first appearance of the Joker ends with him being in jail, promising to escape.

Maybe it was the second then. I'm not quite sure, but I know it was one of the very early appearances of him. They originally planned to kill him off, but for some reason (possibly reader response) they decided to add a panel showing him to have survived.

I remember it because during the whole Perma-white debate, lots of people kept using the original panel with Joker's body on the coroner table and the coroner realizing he wasn't dead. (they used the pic because it showed Joker's upper torso as white as his face, and they used it for the argument that Joker was always meant to be perma-white)

Maybe it was the second then.

Yeah, it was the second appearance. The Joker tried to stab Batman but Batman pushed Joker's hand in self-defense and the the knife accidentally stabbed Joker. At the end, the doctor says that he might survive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"