World Burton's Concept Art

I never knew Courtney Cox would have been Lois Lane...that's actually quite good.

After seeing and reading a lot of this- I wouldn't have been totally against the Burton Superman project- not as much as I was...and I hate Tim Burton.

Interesting stuff...

-R

Some new unseen concepts i spotted on the site of art veteran Martin Kline.

Krypton looks like a combo of the design from the Donner films and depictions of the planet we've seen in the comics (John Byrne). Not sure if i like it but it's certainly very alien looking with the crystals but at the same ultra modern.

supermanliveskryptoncit.jpg

Krypton City

supermanliveskryptonsur.jpg

Krypton Trench

supermanlivesfortess21.jpg

Fortess

SOURCE Link: http://web.me.com/klines/martyklinedesign/Concept_Art.html

I'm surprised that Tim Burton used the idea that Krypton was an Ice planet. I would of thought he would of gone a completely different direction with the planet. It seems like the only project that didn't use the ice planet and crystals was the J.J. Abrams project.

I think most people get the idea of Krypton being an Ice Planet because the Fortress is in the Arctic.

cagesuperman.jpg

That's... different. It's all... plasticky. That's gotta be just some quick test suit.

^Did you see the picture above your post?

Anyone got some higher res concept pics like ths one?
I really want the one with Supes in the black suit and the Kryptonian suit.(The one where Supes is bald)

25_lg.jpg

supermanlives.jpg

LONG LIVE SUPERMAN LIVES! :word:
Thanks to whoever did that "S" shield, rest is mine.

^^ I really love that picture!!

Best manip I've seen in a while!

And don't underplay it, that thing is awesome!

That is EXACTLY the type of superman that Tim Burton would want, imo...

I think they should adapt a cartoon movie for this. Even though its not Superman it would certainly be interesting to see.

Well thank you. Although I tink the last one I did is really horrible. The head's too big and it's obviously the same body I used on the previous manip. But it does give some idea as to what Cage might have looked like, I guess.

In fact your manip is EXACTLY the way I visualize Superman's costume; a very alien-like looking and a big cape. The colors are also spot on. :up:

Last edited:
What do you guys want Superman to wear a black rubber suit with a silver :super: shield?

New Superman Lives Production Art by Sylvain Despretz
supermanlivesdesign.jpg

Back in April/May, an exposition in Despretz's honour took place in Paris and some of his work was shown including some production arts that he had done on Tim Buton's Superman (this is the only one that hadn't hit the internet yet) and he also confirmed that the Nick Cage costume test pic that leaked on the internet is 100% real.

I would have loved to have seen this movie. Talk about a reboot! I think superman's universe is big enough and well established for different stylistic stories such as this... awesome.

Yeah I agree. This movie woulda been really really cool.
The cast was also pretty cool
Superman: Cage
Brainiac: Tim Allen (wtf)
Lex: Kevin Spacey
Jimmy: Chris Rock
Lois: Courteney Cox (would been great)
Unspecified role: Michael Keaton

Does anyone know what Keatons role woulda been

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"