Revenge of the Fallen Buying Tickets For the Midnight Premiere

Avengers-Report

Sidekick
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you are going to the midnight premiere of this movie, hopefully in imax too. I usually buy my tickets from Fandango, but they are not available yet. When I bought my Dark Knight Premiere Tickets, they were available more than three months before.

When do you think tickets will be available? Getting midnight tickets to imax is pretty important when there is only one imax theater within 500 miles of your house.

Don't need to buy them. Get a summer job at the movie theater and you get so many perks, including admission into movies for free. Love the greatness of choice summer jobs. Last year, I got into The Dark Knight for free at the midnight showing.

Right now I'm hoping they do what they did for the first movie and just did for Star Trek have showings at 8 the night before.

Working at a movie theater is not worth getting some free shows.
I worked as a projectionist. If you can score that job then its cool, but to work concessions is bleh.

I think they will probably have showings at 8 the night before, they did last year and it seems a lot of the big blockbusters are doing that soooo (that's my assumption)

TDK tickets went on sale for IMAX one month before the film opened, not 3, so I would think they will go on sale in a week or two. I'm going to the Saturday night IMAX show (hopefully).

The minute the tickets go on sale in Imax I am definitely getting them. :up:

Working at a movie theater is not worth getting some free shows.
I worked as a projectionist. If you can score that job then its cool, but to work concessions is bleh.

Still better than fast-food jobs. And I watch a lot of movies, so I save a ton.

Hopefully this will be worth paying a little extra to see it in IMAX. A new one opened up near my house so Im pretty excited to break it in with this movie..

Still better than fast-food jobs. And I watch a lot of movies, so I save a ton.

Id have to agree with that. Fast food jobs are super bleh.
You should try to be a projectionist if yer gonna work there.

In an average 8 hour work day you only do about 1hr 15minutes worth of actual work. The rest of the time you do whatever you want.

^ That sounds like fun, i think i will try to get this so called projectionist position.

Here, you end up doing everything. Plus side, last year, one of our projecters was messing up, so someone would have to "baby-sit" it, making sure the sound stayed on during the film. I got paid to watch a movie! Won't luck out like that this year, but it was still cool.

I'd love to buy midnight tickets. I just hope they pop up soon, I'll be putting in for the time off, but I'm not at all convinced that the date will stay on the 24th or even a midnight on the 23rd/24th.

I could see this movie possibly doing the "early screenings" routine and start them at 7pm on the 23rd. By releasing it on a Wednesday, they have already cut into their weekend numbers, so it wouldn't hurt them to have the screenings the night before, unless they want to have a huge opening day number, which it probably will have..

I hope they don't do that 8pm showing, that is just stupid. It is a better feeling when you wait in line for a midnight showing of a premiere, feels like your a true fan

Or you can cheat and have your friend at the movie theater pick them up while they are at work. That's what my friends did for The Dark Knight and we saw it together at midnight, after I was done working for the day.

Hopefully this will be worth paying a little extra to see it in IMAX. A new one opened up near my house so Im pretty excited to break it in with this movie..

Better make sure it's a TRUE IMAX and not one of those Regal/AMC LiMAX's that have been cropping up everywhere. The extra ticket price is NOT worth it unless you're getting a true 70mm IMAX presentation. Those others use twin digital projectors and the results are not at all even in the same ballpark as true IMAX.

Or you can cheat and have your friend at the movie theater pick them up while they are at work. That's what my friends did for The Dark Knight and we saw it together at midnight, after I was done working for the day.

As a former theatre GM, it was always refreshing to find a concession worker/usher as excited about working as you seem to be. If you don't mind me asking, what company do you work for?

I must be the only person not crazy about imax. Yeah, it's big but I wouldn't drive outta my way to get an imax theater like some of my friends. I'll def try to get tix to the midnight showing though :D

^ I hear ya, as long as i get to see it on the big screen and that's plenty enough for me.:yay:

Ditto, the closest IMAX theater to me is over 2 hrs away. Why spend all that money on gas, food, and tickets when I can get in free and have discounted food not fifteen minutes from my house? Besides, we have one screen that is huge that looked awesome for The Dark Knight and can hold over 300 people in it. It's just a couple steps away from being IMAX in my opinion.

Skip IMAX, go to a regular theater instead to freak out over the awesomeness. (And don't make a mess, because someone has to pick up after you leave.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"