"By The Goddess" The Official Storm/Halle Thread (part 2)

danoyse

Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
Reaction score
Continue the Storm/Halle discussion here!

Aw. I wanted to start it. After all I'm an element of Storm. :(

We can delete this one and you can start it again. My feelings won't be hurt. :yay:

Yeah, but now I feel bad. I don't have that Storm/thread-starting magic that you have.
:oldrazz:

I was playing the XMO:W video game and I was think they should launch a line of Origin video games instead of all these movies... you'd get much more graphic storylines and I think a XMO: Storm the video game, about a young Storm (pre-X-Men so she doesn't have too big of a power range) in Africa would be an awesome game... I mean with the similar gameplay as XMO: W + the power range similar to the Fable series + sex appeal of Tomb Raider + and a retelling of her comic origins... this game I think would be a certified hit

next... XMO: Gambit The Game

^

Storm does not do airport security checks. She's a goddess. :o

That’s not too bad. I think it’s silly on their part, and the preferential treatment is a slippery slope, given recent events… but it’s not like she pulled a Diana Ross.

This belongs on a long list of how Halle thinks she's better than everyone else. Sorry for bringing it here guys, this diva attitude really irks me, especially when bad attitude is rewarded by society.

hm I probably shouldn't mentioned this in a Halle/Storm thread, but I thought Storm lovers should know that I was on a "Aaliyah's blog site" and the owner posted that the late Static Major, producer/rapper who wrote songs for the late R & B singer,Aaliyah was also considered for the role of Storm in X1 in an interview he did awhile back...

This is news for people who thought Halle didn't do Storm justice and how come the studio didn't consider other black women for the role...I myself would've enjoyed Aaliyah as "Storm" being a fan of her music, she had a nice body, being a dancer and not to mention in "Queen of the Damned" her Egyptian accent was good and she was beautiful...now Aaliyah didn't have the skin tone of Storm,and at the time X1 was filming Aaliyah was 20,so maybe Fox was going to cast a somewhat younger cast to potray the X-Men in general(albeit Wolverine) but it's always interesting to know what could have been if she took the role and how her potroyal would have been and who would have replaced her after her tragic death in a plane crash in Aug. 2001

So what are your thoughts Storm lovers? FYI if you never heard of Aaliyah or not a fan please don't bash her,her music, or films...and lets respect the dead and talk about another actress who was considered to play our beloved "Wind Rider"

Oh and feel free to post manips of Aaliyah as "Storm" if you want...

Aaliyah as Storm? An even worse choice than Halle Berry and it proves to me that Singer and Co. truly never had a clue on what to do with the character. And it makes me shudder what this director will try to do for First Class.

We're doomed. Jeez...so sad.

come on now i wouldnt go that far and say that...she wasnt a bad actress...she was just another name considered for the role...now worse is havin a female rapper to be considered...lol or having another A list celeb to do it whose actin skills aren't that good...

i wish ppl wld stop bashin the actors who play the roles, its the directors who tell them which direction to take the character...we all now Angela Basset passed on the role because she didnt knw the character and maybe Aaliyah felt the same way...so maybe the studio told Singer to get Halle...somethings the world may never know...

Oh, I loved Aaliyah dearly--don't get me wrong. And I absolutely adore Halle.

But neither of them epitomize Storm for me.

The producers like singers, apparently. Christina Milian was rumored to play Storm, should Berry have opted out of X-Men 3.

Oh, I loved Aaliyah dearly--don't get me wrong. And I absolutely adore Halle.

But neither of them epitomize Storm for me.

oh its cool man!! and so do i...but I was doing some research on casting for Storm and the studio was going w/a lot of fair skin AA actresses...I read somewhere, I think WIKI that Jada Pinkett Smith was conisdered for the role, and she is way to short for Storm...imo...

i was wondering if any had scans from them X-Men 1.5 dvd that had some test photo's of Halle as Storm??? I think she tried on different wigs/clothes/jewelry if so could you post them???

xmenstudio008zw6.jpg

I thought Halle was a good Storm. I think it's the director's (or whoever is in charge) fault for not giving Storm the right lines and actions. Mostly the line. I know Storm from the comics as a strong(willed) woman who isn't messed with. I missed that in the movies.

it seemed liked that's what they were trying to do in X3, but it didn't come off right...they did get the warrior, attacks w/her powers right, but they lost the motherhood aspect that I liked in X2(deleted scene with her and Jean in the jet as a nod to their sister like relationship) and X1 (if you count the deleted scene w/her and Rogue)

i.m.o it felt like in X3 they wanted 2 give the characters new personalities, but they didn't balance out what was established in 1st 2 films...Storm will never turn on Jean and want her dead...but hopefully in First Class we will get these elements of Storm that we like and I don't care if its inconsistent with the previous 3 films that was 10 yrs ago!!!!! let it go people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH finally. I've been looking for this thread for months. Let's continue appreciating Storm. :yay:

Well, I have finally finished a display and costume I hope you guys here can appreciate (Halle Berry as Storm). Complete with the most hated wig in all of cinema history.

That being said I am a fan of the character and I am proud of the reproduction since I loved the movie suits.

Also wanted to display her hovering, so she is fishlined to the ceiling.

Took a ton of research and time, and there are still areas I want to tweak but wanted to share with everyone!!

Let me know what you guys think!

best
Greg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe