Days of Future Past "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
One badly translated interview talks about a stuntwoman, the other badly translated interview talks about less work. I don't get it, lol.

But I'm not worried.

I'm slightly worried. I wouldn't put it past Singer to replace Storm as the heavy hitter of the team with Magneto or Iceman or even Rogue (if he powers her up) I really want this to showcase the full potential of Storm's power but Halle being pregnant could hamper that. And obviously both Halle and Singer are putting the health of the baby first as they should.

Fingers crossed, everything goes well.

You know... I love Storm... but goddamit if Halle doesn't always seem surrounded by her own storm of complications and tricky circumstances. For God's sake....

You know... I love Storm... but goddamit if Halle doesn't always seem surrounded by her own storm of complications and tricky circumstances. For God's sake....

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. She is truly an actress plagued by bad luck. :doh:

Halle shot Cloud Atlas with a broken foot. Pregnancy should be a breeze in comparison.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. She is truly an actress plagued by bad luck. :doh:

On the bright side, those who didn't want much or any of Halle's Storm will be pleased that the actress/character won't be in any position to dominate or 'steal screentime'.... :doh:

Can someone get Hugh Jackman pregnant, please?

I'll volunteer.

Last edited:
yes please!!! name him the USA president or something, please quick and thank u

On the bright side, those who didn't want much or any of Halle's Storm will be pleased that the actress/character won't be in any position to dominate or 'steal screentime'.... :doh:

may be a blessing in disguise for this movie

She can be the crazy mutant spouting incantations from the corner.

However, we don't care about them. :o

Halle comments, in promoting her movie "The Call" in Rio:

The actress said X-Men: Days of Future Past would be shot "around the bump" and that the script would not be changed.

Berry was trained as a call attendant for her latest film role in The Call "Storm probably won't be as badass as she was going to be because we won't be able to do any fighting or flying or things like that," she said.

"She'll be different than we originally planned her to be but I still think she'll be an integral part of this new X-Men movie."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/22106036

Oh Halle.

Timing, love. Timing.

I'm still thrilled for her but they clearly had planned epic badass Storm. Stunt Storm, please. CGI Halle's face on top.

Surely if the script hasn't changed Storm will still be doing all the stuff originally intended? It just won't be Halle doing all the flying/stunts?

These reports are confusing.

They are aren't they?
I hope Singer speaks about it and explains his plans for working around Halle Berry's pregnancy. He'd be a bit more clearer. I hope for a stunt storm too.

Halle Berry said:
"Storm probably won't be as badass as she was going to be because we won't be able to do any fighting or flying or things like that... She'll be different than we originally planned her to be but I still think she'll be an integral part of this new X-Men movie."

Well that's just great, isn't it? :doh:

What I got from the BBC quote was that Storm's action scenes are being cut/reduced because Halle can't do the fighting and wire-work. I would have thought most of that would have been a stunt-woman anyway.

Man of Steel has a CGI Superman in flight. I don't see why they can't use it here and grab Halle for the close-ups.

Last edited:
Well if Booboo is Forge from the past, maybe he could be the one who knocks up Storm. :woot:

Storm won't be flying and/or fighting because of Berry's pregnancy? Whatever happened to the thing called stunt actor?

This is such a bummer. Yet another X-Men movie with an un-exciting Storm. Now I set my hopes for an awesome young Storm in an eventual third movie with the FC gang.

Maybe we should all wait and see. Like others have said, both statements contradict each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"