Days of Future Past "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Storm will be crippled like Magneto was in the original story.:csad:

they can do her stunts with green screen techniques and stunt doubes easy so i wouldn't worry about action scenes

but personally i still think folk on here will be disapointed with what they think will be EPIC storm action

Last edited:
In terms of power display I'm not worried because Storm's feet never left the ground in X2 and she still did plenty.

Storm flying around Avengers-finale style would have been cool, but she can do the same damage stood on the ground. She can still be badass, just not full blown badass.

It's still a shame though. i really wanted to see storm finally let loose!
Halle better redeem herself with another X-Movie where storm is double badass.

Maybe Storm will be crippled like Magneto was in the original story.:csad:

This would be amazing if done right.

But I imagine, if they do it, they'll stick to Magneto for the symmetry.

although i think its a shame we may not ever see cyclops fighting sentinals which his powers are probably better suited i expect to see a team battle with the sentinals at one point in this movie

They brought 2Pac back from the dead, im sure they can CG a few action scenes with someone who is alive...

who knows the battles might be like the previous movies in which case im picturing a scene like this...

wolverine,iceman,rogue,kitty,colossus and storm suddenly get ambushed by 3 sentinals, wolverine takes 2 steps foward and takes out his claws and shouts GO RUN!! to the others, storm says LOGAN WE NEED TO DO THIS AS A TEAM and logan shouts GO I'LL HOLD THEM OFF, colossus says I CAN HELP YOU and wolverine says NO THEY NEED YOU NOW GO RUN!! then they run off and wolverine run towards the sentinals for the battle

;) :p :p :p :p

Last edited:
Now is your time, rise, Angela Bassett, rise

Angela+Bassett+2012+BET+Awards+Show+x7I2LxkRYQ3l.jpg

this is so stupid..i dont even understand it!

Why would singer write in storm knowing she's pregnant? If he didnt know while he was writing (which wasnt too long ago) then its halle's fault for not telling him..she's obviously tried to keep it under wraps...dunno how singer would go with a pregnant woman for storm

She must seriously like playing storm (or is super desperate because she hasnt done anything good since X2). She's just too stupid to realize you cant do her justice if you're pregnant lol....

I dunno whats worse...making storm actually pregnant in the movie..or shooting around her belly and using fake stunt doubles or cg doubles.

ugh fail... i blame her husband for not pulling out lol

No, not exactly. Bassett may have a bit of gravitas (though it didn't stop her agreeing to do Green Lantern), but she is 54, so unlikely to want to do any flying and fighting. I really can't see Bassett zooming round on a harness. And she is only 5ft 3 (1.63m) tall.

For a proper physical match, Iman (who was the physical basis for the comic book Storm) is a fabulous 5ft 9 but she is 57.

Or Kerry Washington, who is only 36, but is also only 5ft 3.

Sara Martins - aged 35 (but looks younger), has perfect exotic accent because she is French. Not sure about her height.

Christine Adams - not sure about age or height, but she has right look facially.

However, I think we are stuck with Halle for the moment. Here's hoping they can work around the pregnancy without making it obvious they are working around her pregnancy.

They should just Tron her face into some other actresses body lol.... and it should come out of halle's pay check

this is so stupid..i dont even understand it!

Why would singer write in storm knowing she's pregnant? If he didnt know while he was writing (which wasnt too long ago) then its halle's fault for not telling him..she's obviously tried to keep it under wraps...dunno how singer would go with a pregnant woman for storm

She must seriously like playing storm (or is super desperate because she hasnt done anything good since X2). She's just too stupid to realize you cant do her justice if you're pregnant lol....

I dunno whats worse...making storm actually pregnant in the movie..or shooting around her belly and using fake stunt doubles or cg doubles.

ugh fail... i blame her husband for not pulling out lol

:facepalm:

LOL this is a problem that we create ourselves. We keep hoping and hoping that actors will comment on speculation, and when they do, WE FREAK THE F OUT!!!

This is why actors should just keep silent. Halle is probably just speculating herself on what the production is going to do. In another quote, she says that she can do almost all that the role requires.

Jesus, I was kidding.

I'm not actually suggesting she be recast with Angela Bassett.

Jesus, I was kidding.

I'm not actually suggesting she be recast with Angela Bassett.
Haha understood... it's just a sore subject for many. And no one can tell what anyone means on the internet without emoticons!

Haha understood... it's just a sore subject for many. And no one can tell what anyone means on the internet without emoticons!

:cool:

It's ok. I've always loved the idea of Bassett but the time has sadly passed. Plus recasting anyone in a reunion movie would be a terrible move. ;)

It's ok. I've always loved the idea of Bassett but the time has sadly passed. Plus recasting anyone in a reunion movie would be a terrible move. ;)
Ok now the sunglasses one I've never understood hahaha!

You obviously haven't seen the comments on the front page of SHH where the story of her altered role is featured. :wow:

The words I would descibe what I think of a lot of those on front page would
be censorded or cause me to be banned.

Halle comments, in promoting her movie "The Call" in Rio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/22106036

Noooooooooo. :csad: This is so disappointing, only because it confirms they were going to have Storm do some of the things fans have been asking for. I really hope they are able to use a stunt double, or CGI, to keep some of those scenes intact.

Last edited:

I love Halle, and I was really delighted when I heard she came back for this movie, that being said it should be no secret to anyone that casting Angela Basset as Storm is as natural and universally agreed on as casting Tina Fey as Sarah Palin, it's just how the universal hive casting brain works. Now I'm not saying that for DOFP they should have gone straight to Angela Basset to play a more mature regal Storm but if Halle were heavily pregnant and completely unable to play her and they had to cast Angela Basset as plan B it would have work...

Now I'm not saying that they should have done that... but I woulda understood!

original1.jpg

Maybe they can shoot her intimate scenes first and then film her action scenes later on in production after she has the baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"