Camping = I don't get it.

Pussy Galore

Sidekick
Reaction score
My dad made our whole family go camping when I was about 9. All I remember is being freezing cold, hungry, disgusted, and drenched. Apparently he didn't look at the forecast prior to the trip because it rained like 10 inches and the top of me and my sisters tent collapsed with like..an ocean on my life.

I haven't gone "real camping" since then.
My friend is having a birthday weekend and on that Friday she wants a bunch of us to go camping with her (she didn't tell me we were going camping until today, but I already agreed I'd be with her, *****).

I seriously just don't understand the point of it. Why!? It's dirty and smelly with bugs and worms. Then my friend decided to tell me any sort of perfume/cologne/shampoo/lotion/deoderant can attract bears and they could attack us and kill us. But more importantly, what do people WEAR when they go camping?

You made it three minutes ago, are you stoned?

I prefer indoor camping, setting up a tent at home, which I did a couple of times at the age of about 8. No risks with some/most of the fun of outdoor camping (at that age) and you can give up whenever you get bored.

Well it doesnt help that I have an irrational fear of Bigfoot.
I also don't want Malaria, or leeches on my nipples.

I honestly love to go camping, and since I'm jeans/shorts or t-shirts hiking clothes outdoor type anyway, I don't wear anything different than normal. If you're looking for a recommended clothes list, that would depend on where you're going and what you think the forecast will be.

It sounds like you were soured on it from an early age. I don't know if you want your mind changed on it or not, but I like the "closeness to nature" aspect of it, especially when I go hiking with friends. We do the lean-to/natural camping thing which doesn't appeal to most. When my wife and I go, we have a travel trailer. That's the only way I can get her in the woods. I like the hiking, sitting around the fire and just being there without worrying about what's going on in the world. We also go with lots of friends so, it's a family thing.

Of course, I try to plan around the weather, but we've ran into rain before. And yes, it is miserable, especially in you're tenting. You get out of it what you put into it I suppose.

***** Galore said:
My dad made our whole family go camping when I was about 9. All I remember is being freezing cold, hungry, disgusted, and drenched.

It's a thing where urbanites like to..."re-connect with the land". :o

Some people get a buzz from their ability to survive in inhospitable environments. And if they bring their friends, well, as we all know, people who have gone through an ordeal together bond like f***.

I've done it before, in Goblin Valley, in southern Utah.

I'd love to dismiss camping, because it's so contrived, but, sorry,...some of the most amazing moments in my life happened only through "camping".

My advice?....do it, come home and laugh your ass off b****ing about how horrible it was...with all of your friends who were there.

I really feel uncomfortable recommending camping. :csad:

:cmad:

Wilhelm-Scream said:
It's a thing where urbanites like to..."re-connect with the land". :o

Some people get a buzz from their ability to survive in inhospitable environments. And if they bring their friends, well, as we all know, people who have gone through an ordeal together bond like f***.

I've done it before, in Goblin Valley, in southern Utah.

I'd love to dismiss camping, because it's so contrived, but, sorry,...some of the most amazing moments in my life happened only through "camping".

My advice?....do it, come home and laugh your ass off b****ing about how horrible it was...with all of your friends who were there.

I really feel uncomfortable recommending camping. :csad:

:cmad:

Explain

I don't think perfume and deodorants attract them...its just food...any kind thats not canned they'll find and they'll take down anything to get it...

Maybe you can shoot stuff and light stuff on fire to pass time. It will keep you warm and entertained. Also, if bears really are attracted to hairspray and stuff, stick a zippo in front of it and light Yogi up :cmad:

Yeah...

.....Wisconsin seems like it would suck

maxwell's demon said:
this is like a nonsex-based GhostRider50234020346 thread.

Do you like pron/ and or masternate?!

Do not go camping. There is nothing to see because all the trees are dead. Ravaged by little beetles--all the forest is white, not green. :down

Wilhelm-Scream said:
some of the most amazing moments in my life happened only through "camping".
***** Galore said:
It was around prom time.

The Last Meatbag said:
I don't think perfume and deodorants attract them...its just food...any kind thats not canned they'll find and they'll take down anything to get it...

Maybe you can shoot stuff and light stuff on fire to pass time. It will keep you warm and entertained. Also, if bears really are attracted to hairspray and stuff, stick a zippo in front of it and light Yogi up :cmad:

Yeah...

.....Wisconsin seems like it would suck

My familys version of camping is going to a remote/expensive country club waaaay in northern Wisconsin, it's like the Ritz..except in nature. My dad told me there were Wisconsin monkeys and I wanted to cry. This was like a year ago.

***** Galore said:
Why are you being shy?

He needs time to make up some camping anecdotes.

***** Galore said:
My familys version of camping is going to a remote/expensive country club waaaay in northern Wisconsin, it's like the Ritz..except in nature. My dad told me there were Wisconsin monkeys and I wanted to cry. This was like a year ago.

Well there must be really good tents with anti bear fences and stuff.....

...if I were you I'd totally go naked and run around the campgrounds throwing tampons at people :o

but thats just me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"