I called a girl a **** today. Justified?

So, the people where you live have some sort of problem with manners?

I mean seriously, over here, this is how things are done. You are in a pub, you have nowhere to sit. You see a free stool. You don't just run over and grab it if people are sitting around it. You ask the group if anyone is sitting there. They say yes or no. I have done this many times, and I have been asked many times. NEVER have I seen someone just snatch a seat from a group of people (and over the years I've been to various pubs, many times). Honestly, Saturday was the first time I've seen it. I think there might have been the occasional misunderstanding, where I would have said to someone, or someone would say to me, sorry there was someone sitting there. In which case, you immediately say "oh, sorry 'bout that!" and get off the seat.

The bouncer agreed with me. Most people on this thread agree with me. You have the right to mind a seat for a friend.

Thats all fine and dandy, but you left your friend's seat and your seat to sit on the couch, therefore, you werent sitting there, leaving two seats open, again YOU LEFT. You had no right to do anything at that point, sorry its not about manners, its about common sense.

Thats all fine and dandy, but you left your friend's seat and your seat to sit on the couch, therefore, you werent sitting there, leaving two seats open, again YOU LEFT. You had no right to do anything at that point, sorry its not about manners, its about common sense.

Look at my edit. Even if I was in the wrong (which I don't think I was), her response was unnecassery.

What you're saying is that, in a bar packed with people, any person who sits in a seat has ownership rights to that the seat for the entire night? Bull****.

Are pubs crazy free for alls where you are from? "Oh, I need the toilet! But if I get off my seat, 4 guys are gonna fight each other over it! I don't wanna lose my seat, so I can't leave it all night!!"

A friend has a right to mind your seat.

Are pubs crazy free for alls where you are from? "Oh, I need the toilet! But if I get off my seat, 4 guys are gonna fight each other over it! I don't wanna lose my seat, so I can't leave it all night!!"

A friend has a right to mind your seat.

But you didn't mind it, you got up and left the seats to go sit on a couch. Great patience there, I'm sure your friends are lucky to have such a great seat-minder.

Well maybe if your friends didn't need to go to the bathroom together? :huh:

The friends that pee together, gay together.

But you didn't mind it, you got up and left the seats to go sit on a couch. Great patience there, I'm sure your friends are lucky to have such a great seat-minder.

Calvin... ever such a silly boy who cares too much about what other people do :(

Self-aware much?

startrekdatass.jpg

I still can't figure out why the ladies don't love this guy.

The Punisher wouldn't wear a crappy leather jacket like that. :o

I have over 11 thousand posts but no one here knows who the heck I am. It's not fair a guy with only a little under 5,000 is one of the most popular on the whole site

Fixed it.

Yeah. Game over, dudes. Game over.

You fail to come up with anything original other than 'fixing posts.'

And honestly, trying to brag that you're more popular on a superhero/comic message board. Yeah, ouch. That certainly hurts me alright. :confused:

I mean... i've been going to bars for years. And every single time I go to a bar, someone always asks me, or i ask someone else, hey is someone sitting here? And you either give or get, depending on whos asking, a polite response. And that is that. Tonight was the first time someone made an issue out of the seat. A seat that was clearly not the girls' seat.

Totally justified. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"