Guardians of the Galaxy CAN and SHOULD Ronan Return?

I wouldn't mind seeing him return I liked his character even though we didn't see much development

Personally I would like him to return. I liked him in GOTG and definitely think his character has a lot more potential.

The potential of the character is evident to anyone who has read the comics, Ronan is a major player in the cosmic side of things, and has been since 2008, there is a reason for that, Abnett realised his potential, surely Gunn/Marvel can too.

I vote no.... don't bring him back- there's too many vast choices in the Marvel Universe to keep staying with one villain.
They could go a number of directions with other beings
Adam Warlock, Thanos , Elders of the Universe, Skrulls, Blastarr, Watchers, Dire Wraith, Mephisto, the Eternals, Phalanx, the Magnus,
Captain Mar-vell, Ultimus Shatterstar, Korath Shatterax, the Shi'ar, etc.

Can? Yes
Should he? Maybe not.

There's already been a quite a few fakeout deaths this phase. I don't want it to be such a revolving door as it is in the comics. At the same time, I do wish they didn't kill him in the end.

Bring him back. Good character and has quite alot more to offer in the grand scheme of the Kree and the cosmic Universe.

^Agreed, the character has so much potential on the big screen, potential they didnt even scratch in this movie.

After killing the Other! Leave him dead!! :cmad:

Hopefully Thanos brings him back once he gets a hold of the Gauntlet with all of the stones in tact. Good help is hard to find after all

Hopefully Thanos brings him back once he gets a hold of the Gauntlet with all of the stones in tact. Good help is hard to find after all
Dragon Ball style. It's plausible.

I forgot Thanos could do that! :wow:

I really want to see the Avengers take on The Other!:woot:

I'm opposed to characters being brought back. Don't kill them if you want to use them in the future.

Ronan is one of the few weak points of this great movie. If it had included just one scene early on to better flesh out his motivation, then he would have been a truly amazing villain worthy of several films.

Ronan is a case of manifest destiny. Like America or Israel (or Palestine, I'm not picking sides) or the Muslim extremist groups, Ronan believes that the Kree have the inherent right to spread across the galaxy and enforce their will onto others. They don't see it as "evil" any more than America did/does. To them, the Nova Corps are the evil ones who are attacking them for merely exercising their right of manifest destiny. It doesn't matter if the Kree are right or wrong (they are wrong), they THINK they are right. They blame the Nova Corps for the dead Kree children just like many Muslims blame America for the dead children killed by our bombs. This is a HUGE story that deserves to be explored in the sci-fi context of the Marvel Universe. Unfortunately, this movie was not only not interested in exploring that fully, it really wasn't the proper film tonally to explore it. I wish there had been like a Nova Corps one season prequel tv series or something to really give Ronan time to shine.

But he's dead now, leave him that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"