MCU Fight: Ronan with the Power Stone Vs. Hela

Remember how Hela walked past the tesseract ( which contains a infinity stone ) and didn't really bother with it ? Clearly she's not all that fussed about infinity stones.

The way I see this fight going down is Ronan opening his big mouth to say some ridiculous crap ( while raising the stone to blast her) and Hela putting a Necrosword through it and into his brainstem.

End of fight.

That's what I was gonna kinda say. She wasn't all that impressed when she walked by the Tesseract. I took that as her seeing it as a lil trinket rather than something she needs to be powerful. I wanna say Ronan because I actually liked him and how he killed the Other and stood up to Thanos but I think Hela takes it.

She can have her swords/weapons pop out of nowhere and have them be huge too. I think she'd be able to separate Ronan from his hammer and take him out. She can move around easily, only way she loses is if Ronan just destroys the planet they are on.

That's what I was gonna kinda say. She wasn't all that impressed when she walked by the Tesseract. I took that as her seeing it as a lil trinket rather than something she needs to be powerful. I wanna say Ronan because I actually liked him and how he killed the Other and stood up to Thanos but I think Hela takes it.

She can have her swords/weapons pop out of nowhere and have them be huge too. I think she'd be able to separate Ronan from his hammer and take him out. She can move around easily, only way she loses is if Ronan just destroys the planet they are on.

I am not saying I disagree with who wins, because I too voted for Hela.

However, regarding this point. I think Hela's dismissal of the Tesseract was more to provide people familiar with it, some context as to the power and threat level of the Eternal Flame.

Because you can argue she dismissed it, but on the other hand one could argue Thanos who is to be considered the largest threat to the MCU yet is seeking the power of the Stones. Therefore, the largest threat seeking them suggests they must be pretty darn powerful to warrant his attention. Now granted he is seeking the power of more then just one Stone, but still.

Anyways, just food for thought!

Surfer

Last edited:
Regarding the Tesseract, Hela seemed quite overconfident and to miss the big picture, as proved by how her defeat came about.

Regarding the Tesseract, Hela seemed quite overconfident and to miss the big picture, as proved by how her defeat came about.
Why assume she knew it contained a stone? Thor only learned of them and their containers during The Dark World and Hela wasn't alive for Bor's war against the Dark Elves. We know at one point the tesseract was Odin's prized jewel but Hela was surprised to see it in the vault so my guess is Odin only got it after banishing Hela

Even if she knew that it had a stone what would she have done with the tesseract at that point? In Avengers 1 devices had to be used just to activate the tesseract other than that her options are to break it to gain access to the space stone itself and then to what end?

So, is the belief then that the Power Stone provides anyone that holds it with the same level of power? Meaning would Ronan with the Power Stone be equal to Eson the Celestial with the Power Stone, since both have the power and durability of the Power Stone essentially?

Or is it believed that the Power Stone only greatly enhances the base power and durability of the Character? Meaning that if the Celestial's base power is over Ronan's base power, then the Celestial with the Power Stone would always be more powerful than Ronan with the Power Stone.

I think it is more the 2nd way, but I am just curious on how others perceive it. Because I kind of feel like some people are perceiving Eson's Feat of destroying a planet to be also Ronan's Feat or power level through the connection of the Power Stone. Meaning if Eson did it then Ronan could do it also, and I am not sure that is the case.

Also, it would seem to me that all the Infinity Stones while completely different should be equal in strength and intensity for their individual purposes. So, if I am right and the characters use the Stones to only enhance their base powers, it could also explain why a character like Malekith in my opinion never reached the same power level as say Ronan.

At least that is how I see it.

Surfer

I think it is the second too.

But others have suggested there is a durability boost with it. We don't know what Eson's base was.

Or exactly how strong Ronan was. But his plan was planet wide.

I think it is the second too.

But others have suggested there is a durability boost with it. We don't know what Eson's base was.

Or exactly how strong Ronan was. But his plan was planet wide.

I agree that the Power Stone increases the Durability of the Character in addition to increasing their Power Level. It's just more a matter of does it increase these things evenly for everyone and are all the Stones considered to be equal while performing different functions? My answers, would be No and Yes! However, I realize at this point it is somewhat speculative.

Surfer

Why assume she knew it contained a stone?

That's on point.
At this point I would say the only people really informed about the Stones, that we know of, are Thanos, the Guardians, the Nova Corps, the Collector and maybe Loki, Thor and Heimdall. Missing anyone?
I'd expect Banner to be updated violently about it in the beginning of Infinity War.

That's on point.
At this point I would say the only people really informed about the Stones, that we know of, are Thanos, the Guardians, the Nova Corps, the Collector and maybe Loki, Thor and Heimdall. Missing anyone?
I'd expect Banner to be updated violently about it in the beginning of Infinity War.

Well and the Celestial's of Course.

Surfer

Ronan, because even Hela cannot defeat an Infinity Stone.

Hela only paid a passing interest to the Tesseract. I think she'd be more than a match for Ronan.

Hela only paid a passing interest to the Tesseract. I think she'd be more than a match for Ronan.

As we were discussing, no reason to assume she knew what's inside it.
She could had but probably didn't.

As we were discussing, no reason to assume she knew what's inside it.
She could had but probably didn't.

Yeah, but Hela made a comment about Thanos's Gauntlet being a fake and the Gauntlet is specifically designed for the stones, so I have a hard time believing she would know so much about one and not the other given their connection.

At least that's how I see it.

Surfer

Yeah, but Hela made a comment about Thanos's Gauntlet being a fake and the Gauntlet is specifically designed for the stones, so I have a hard time believing she would know so much about one and not the other given their connection.

Surfer

You're right, she has to know something.
Maybe not that the Tesseract is a Stone...
Anyway, I really forgot about that, my bad.

Is there any reason why Ronan can't just touch the ground and wipe out whatever planet they're standing on? Because that's all they said he needed to do in the movie.

Hela would beat Ronan in H2H sure, but I don't see it coming to that unless Ronan just stands there without doing anything. Also Ronan tanked the Hadron Enforcer, which was said to be able to blow up moons, so he isn't lacking in durability.

Is there any reason why Ronan can't just touch the ground and wipe out whatever planet they're standing on? Because that's all they said he needed to do in the movie.

Hela would beat Ronan in H2H sure, but I don't see it coming to that unless Ronan just stands there without doing anything. Also Ronan tanked the Hadron Enforcer, which was said to be able to blow up moons, so he isn't lacking in durability.

Well it depends on what is believed by the statement. Some might suggest the comment of destroying a planet refers to only destroying it's inhabitants, like a Nuclear Warhead going off. While others might consider it to suggest the planet itself along with it's inhabitants are blown up into absolute nothingness. Now the 2nd feat would take a considerable amount more power, and we know the Power Stone is capable of this as shown in Eson's feat. However, what we don't know is if the Power Stone would provide all characters with the same level of power or if it just enhances their base power immensely. If this is the case it is conceivable that Ronan with the Power Stone may only be capable of destroying the planet like many Nuclear Warheads going off. More destroying the face of the planet and it's inhabitants, but not necessarilly destroying the planet into nothingness like Eson can. So, with that said if the feat Ronan is capable of is more like a Nuclear War head level of destruction, I think Hela is capable of surviving that type of blast. But again, despite there being a lot of information out there to help us with character power levels, many times when battles are this close it comes down to some speculation and perceptions.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

Surfer

The Hadron Enforcer was said to be able to blow up the moon, but do you think it really can?

When it hit Ronan it didn't destroy anything else in the room, if it was strong enough to destroy the moon that entire ship they were in would've blown up from the blast.

Last edited:
The Hadron Enforcer was said to be able to blow up the moon, but do you think it really can?

When it hit Ronan it didn't destroy anything else in the room, if it was strong enough to destroy the moon that entire ship thry were in would've blown up from the blast.

I agree the Hadron Enforcer may have been a very powerful weapon, but it hardly seemed capable of destroying the moon.

Surfer

Surfer
the gauntlet is made to hold the stones not the various other holders of the stones

The nova core or at least Nova Prime and Ronan knew about the stones but even Ronan didn't know the orb had a stone in it

When it hit Ronan it didn't destroy anything else in the room, if it was strong enough to destroy the moon that entire ship they were in would've blown up from the blast.
I think the power stone negated much of the damage since the blast barely damaged the room they were in

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"