BvS Can Metallo character work in a Superman movie ??

The more I hear about this movie the more Metallo makes sense as the main physical threat. This movie is seeming very cluttered with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman as well as The Flash apparently making an appearance. It doesnt seem to leave a lot of room for villains with complex back stories.

Metallo doesnt require a lot of depth or back story so him being physical threat while Lex is the mastermind makes more and more sense to me.

You don't need a villain with a complex back story, but I would hope they would go for a villain that people actually care about, whether it be in a negative manner or positive manner. That was one of the things I liked about Zod in MOS, and Bane, Ra's and the Joker in the Batman movies.

Don't just have a villain just to have a villain like in the recent Thor movie. Have him be connected to one of the heroes, have him incite emotion, have him develop and test our hero and send him to new heights and/or new lows. I can't stand when these movies just have a villain just for the sake of having one.

The question we need to ask is, what can Metallo do for Superman or Batman in terms of development of character? Can he be that villain that will test them and their character/morals and take them to new heights/lows? Zod did that for Superman, the Joker/Bane/Ra's for Batman. I think you need a villain that is capable of doing that.

Lex can do that, and having Metallo as the main physical threat would definitely work. It's not first on my list, I'd rather have a Batman villain in there as well, but I think it can work.

Last edited:
Yes.

I hate it when threads ask yes or no questions.

So excited for this, if it's true. Like so many of you, I've been DYING to see a Superman villain on the big screen other than Lex and Zod (well, I guess Faora and Jax-Ur count, but ya know). Don't get me wrong, I'm still hoping Lex appears here too. But Metallo appearing would finally kill my fear that WB has no faith in any Superman villains other than Lex and Zod (a mentality I've never understood... Superman's other foes aren't any "lamer" than some of Spider-Man's or Batman's enemies).

So excited for this, if it's true. Like so many of you, I've been DYING to see a Superman villain on the big screen other than Lex and Zod (well, I guess Faora and Jax-Ur count, but ya know). Don't get me wrong, I'm still hoping Lex appears here too. But Metallo appearing would finally kill my fear that WB has no faith in any Superman villains other than Lex and Zod (a mentality I've never understood... Superman's other foes aren't any "lamer" than some of Spider-Man's or Batman's enemies).

For sure! Hector Hammond was given a movie. Let's let that sink in.

It's time to get into Superman's rogues gallery. Metallo is a good pick.

Lex as the mental villain to Superman.

Metallo as the physical villain.

It works.

It works.

It also means it's the first physical threat that he needs help with. Enter the Trinity.

It also means it's the first physical threat that he needs help with. Enter the Trinity.

I don't think we need the whole Trinity. Maybe Batman & Nightwing. Remember in The Batman cartoon Superman was losing to Metallo and Batman & Robin helped out and got the Kryponite out of his chest and let Superman go at it.

I guess it makes sense , though I would have thought with a Flash and WW being in the film, the Doomsday rumored villain made a bit more sense. Metallo does at least hint that WB is somewhat interested in making this a Superman sequel.

For sure! Hector Hammond was given a movie. Let's let that sink in.

It's time to get into Superman's rogues gallery. Metallo is a good pick.

Heh, good point. I think the Green Lantern hate wouldn't have been half as strong had they picked a better villain. Hector doesn't really make for an interesting villain at all. He's just disgusting and pathetic. I remember back before the movie came out, some WB exec compared Skarsgard's performance to Heath Ledger's Joker.

I'm serious.

It works.

icon14.gif

If only it was that simple eh.

While Metallo is a good pick I don't think we'll see him for a number of reasons:
1) We haven't seen Kryptonite introduced in this universe.
2) Ultron will be in Avengers 2…a movie this one will be going up against. I don't see WB going with a robot villain with Marvel doing the same.

Get Jason Statham as Metallo. Might as well put his dislike of superheroes to good use.

That's a good idea. I've always wanted a horrible actor to play John Corben.

Heh, good point. I think the Green Lantern hate wouldn't have been half as strong had they picked a better villain. Hector doesn't really make for an interesting villain at all. He's just disgusting and pathetic. I remember back before the movie came out, some WB exec compared Skarsgard's performance to Heath Ledger's Joker.

I'm serious.
Wow. To this day I believe that WB should have pulled Hammond from the script and had Parallax attack Oa instead of Earth. I think that would better demonstrate how cool the Lantern mythology really is. Now we're here.

I don't think we need the whole Trinity. Maybe Batman & Nightwing. Remember in The Batman cartoon Superman was losing to Metallo and Batman & Robin helped out and got the Kryponite out of his chest and let Superman go at it.
Yeah, depending on how Metallo is portrayed. I really liked him being depicted as being built up by all the wreckage around him. I remember seeing something along those lines in a video game trailer a while ago. Something like that would portray a greater threat. I hope that makes sense.

What do you mean by "actor"?

:woot:

Haha, you're right. I should have said "Set of abs that kicks people."

A little back ground on this please. Why does he hate them?.

He said that they're not his thing or whatever. I just have to laugh because his movies are all practically superhero movies without the costumes.

I don't remember the details of the article but I thought it was funny coming from a guy who's basically playing a superhuman version of himself in the last ten movies or so that he's been in.

Here's how I would sum up his career nowadays: Jason Statham is Jason Statham in: Jason Statham.

I don't remember the details of the article but I thought it was funny coming from a guy who's basically playing a superhuman version of himself in the last ten movies or so that he's been in.

Here's how I would sum up his career nowadays: Jason Statham is Jason Statham in: Jason Statham.

I think they should just start calling his movies Statham 1, 2, 3, etc.

I could see Metallo being the main physical villain, especially if Bruce and Luthor are working on some kind of robotics/cybernetics. We could also see the Lexosuit, Bruce having some powered armor for super confrontations, etc under similar themes.

While Metallo is a good pick I don't think we'll see him for a number of reasons:
1) We haven't seen Kryptonite introduced in this universe.
2) Ultron will be in Avengers 2…a movie this one will be going up against. I don't see WB going with a robot villain with Marvel doing the same.

I'm sure that stopped Zod and his army from taking over because Loki and his army took over.

Metallo and Ultron are nothing alike. Will the GA compare them? Yes they will but that doesn't mean they're alike.

Also with Lex Luthor, we know Kryptonite will be introduced.

Focus on the story at hand. The best story to tell for a sequel is Lex and Metallo.

If WB didn't want to compete with Avengers, Flash and Wonder Woman and Batman wouldn't be in it.

Ah, I think I just figured it out. Metallo shows up, powered by Kryptonite, and Superman gets his butt handed to him and barely escapes alive. He realizes that he'll need some help to take down this new foe, so he seeks out Batman and Wonder Woman.

I think that would work well, because you still have Superman as your central character, yet Bats and Wondy also play vital roles. They all need to go through a bit of growth too: Superman realizing that he can't tackle every threat on his own, Batman learning to trust in super-powered beings, and Wonder Woman accepting that she can't exist in secret forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"