Cancelled shows of Tomorrow: The War on Chuck Lorre

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone will watch Hannibal because you already have The Following.

You could also say that there already is Criminal Minds as well. Plus the CSIs and The CW's Cult.

I've been looking forward to Hannibal because
  • Bryan Fuller developed it
  • The main cast: Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen and Caroline Dhavernas
  • The recurring cast: Laurence Fishburne, Scott Thompson, Gina Torres and Gillian Anderson
  • David Slade directed the pilot
  • Each season will be 13 episodes long
  • They've developed this like some cable dramas, ordered it directly to series based off the script and took their time to start production
  • The premise of the show

If this was on any network I would be anticipating it. The only frustrating thing is NBC put on Deception and Do No Harm instead of this. Now it may not be a ratings hit and turn into another Awake but it has to be better than everything NBC has debuted this season besides Revolution.

Last edited:
ok...that recurring cast has me interested in Hannibal for the first time.

Wait...is Gina not going to be on Suits anymore then?

ok...that recurring cast has me interested in Hannibal for the first time.

Wait...is Gina not going to be on Suits anymore then?

They probably have different filming schedules (Suits in the summer, Hannibal the fall).

Its like working on two cable shows essentially, since the episode order for both shows are 13-16. It is only a recurring role for her, so she may only be in 8 episodes.

Plus they both film in Toronto so they can probably work around it just like Allison Brie with Community/Mad Men if there are conflicts.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/josh-holloway-to-star-in-cbs-drama-pilot-intelligence/
Josh Holloway To Star In CBS Drama Pilot ‘Intelligence’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Lost alum Josh Holloway is set as the lead in Intelligence, CBS’ drama pilot from writer Michael Seitzman, ABC Studios and CBS TV Studios. Based on unpublished book Dissident by John Dixon, Intelligence is centered at US Cyber Command, and focuses on a unit that has been created around one agent with a very special gift, a microchip that has been implanted in his brain that allows him to access the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Holloway will play Gabriel Black, a former Navy Seal and dedicated intelligence officer. The premise of Intelligence, which has a procedural element, is reminiscent of CBS’ Person Of Interest, which coincidentally stars another Lost alum, Michael Emerson. David Semel is directing the pilot and executive producing with Seitzman and Tripp Vinson.
Damn, I was really hoping he was going to be in one of JJ's pilots.

Gillian Anderson will be recurring in Hannibal. Hot damn. :awesome:

I like the sound of Intelligence, good to see Hoilloway attached to something. Will that be a pilot for this Fall?

If it gets picked up, presumably.

They probably have different filming schedules (Suits in the summer, Hannibal the fall).

Its like working on two cable shows essentially, since the episode order for both shows are 13-16. It is only a recurring role for her, so she may only be in 8 episodes.

Plus they both film in Toronto so they can probably work around it just like Allison Brie with Community/Mad Men if there are conflicts.
I actually kind of wish they'd do more shows that were 13-16 episodes since there wouldn't need to be as many filler shows and then it could be almost all concentrated story and character-driven episodes.

You could also say that there already is Criminal Minds as well. Plus the CSIs and The CW's Cult.

I've been looking forward to Hannibal because
  • Bryan Fuller developed it
  • The main cast: Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen and Caroline Dhavernas
  • The recurring cast: Laurence Fishburne, Scott Thompson, Gina Torres and Gillian Anderson
  • David Slade directed the pilot
  • Each season will be 13 episodes long
  • They've developed this like some cable dramas, ordered it directly to series based off the script and took their time to start production
  • The premise of the show

If this was on any network I would be anticipating it. The only frustrating thing is NBC put on Deception and Do No Harm instead of this. Now it may not be a ratings hit and turn into another Awake but it has to be better than everything NBC has debuted this season besides Revolution.

sign me up:woot:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/dyl...-drama-pilot-hostages-from-jerry-bruckheimer/
Dylan McDermott To Star In CBS’ Drama Pilot ‘Hostages’ From Jerry Bruckheimer
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

American Horror Story and The Practice alum Dylan McDermott is set as the male lead opposite Toni Collette in Hostages, CBS’ drama pilot from writer-director Jeffrey Nachmanoff, Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Warner Bros. TV. Based on an Israeli format, the project centers on Ellen (Collette), a successful surgeon living in Washington, D.C. who is selected to operate on the President of the United States. She is thrust into the middle of a political conspiracy when her family is taken hostage, and it is up to her to save the lives of her husband and children. McDermott will play Duncan, a righteous FBI agent who is at the center of a political conspiracy involving the President but whose role will come as a surprise. On the feature side, McDermott, repped by CAA and the Schiff Co., was recently in The Perks Of Being A Wallflower and will next be seen in Olympus Has Fallen.
Damn, I was hoping he'd be in American Horror Story season 3.

Dylan McDermott was funny in The New Girl, was hoping he'd do some comedy :dry:

Actually I'm pretty sure it was Dirbell McDillet

SOUTHLAND returns tonight.

Suck it, NBC.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/ruper-grint-set-as-the-lead-of-greg-garcias-super-clyde-cbs-pilot/
Rupert Grint Set As The Lead Of Greg Garcia’s ‘Super Clyde’ CBS Pilot
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Harry Potter alum Rupert Grint is set as the title character in Super Clyde, Greg Garcia’s single-camera pilot for CBS. The project, from CBS TV Studios, centers on Clyde (Grint), a meek, unassuming fast food worker who decides to become a super hero. Mike Fresco is directing the pilot as well as executive producing with Garcia. This marks the first series role for Brit Grint, who played Ron Weasley in the blcobuster Harry Potter franchise. He will next be seen opposite Shia LaBeouf in The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman. Grint is repped by Gersh. In addition to Super Clyde, Garcia has a multi-camera pilot at CBS.

Whaaaaaat? Didn't see that coming. Surprised he'd be willing to commit to a US series.

Cool. He's the most talented of the Potter kids.

I think I'm over every-day superhero stories. After Kick-Ass, Chronicle, Super and countless comic books, I've seen it enough. But I'll give it a shot for Ron Weasley.

Schedule. TV in the UK almost seems like it's like "Okay, we're going to do 6 episodes and then you can do whatever the hell you want for the rest of the year." Here, it's "Hey, if all goes well, we'll all be working almost exclusively on this show for, like, 9 months out of the year."

I just didn't peg him for taking part in this pilot season.

Schedule. TV in the UK almost seems like it's like "Okay, we're going to do 6 episodes and then you can do whatever the hell you want for the rest of the year." Here, it's "Hey, if all goes well, we'll all be working almost exclusively on this show for, like, 9 months out of the year."

I just didn't peg him for taking part in this pilot season.

But it's Greg Garcia. Soooo. :o

Oh, settle down, you. He's no Larry David. :cmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"