First Avenger Captain America: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkady Rossovich

Superhero
Reaction score
I think there is a little bit of confusion. There are a few threads,but I don't see any real information or member discussion about the possible movie. Well,one thing for thought is that which version of the Captain would be put into the movie? 616 Cap? Ultimate Cap? A combination? When would it take place? World War II? Modern times?

Let the discussion begin..

I wonder if they will use multiple versions of Captain America.

I wonder if they will use multiple versions of Captain America.

That's what I've been wondering. I think they should have a panel at this year's Comic Con. Clear the mystery regarding the film.

They are probably still trying to figure that out. I haven't heard anything regarding him yet.

Nope, actually it was locked for some reason.

Heh, I knew it David Self is not quite up to the task, and that perenial replacement Zak Penn is used for the placeholder.

So if your comic film writer is not up to the task, please insert: a) Zak Penn b) David Goyer

Well good, thats a bit of good news for the day... I don't want that hack touching anything Marvel again.
As for Avengers, I'm sure Norton and others will intervene so I'm not too worried.

It looks like there isn't much news out on it. It's a shame,this deserves attention.

So this is finally getting made into a movie? First I've heard of this, hope we get more news on this.

I think John Cena would make a decent Captain America.

HELL TO THE NO!!! JOHN CENA CAN'T ACT!!! DID YOU SEE THE CRAPFEST THAT WAS THE MARINE!!!

Cap needs an actor...a REAL actor.

From what I remember hearing, for the movie they wanted to start it off with him back during WWII, then bring him out to modern times trying to cope and get used to the changes of modern day society.

Not sure if that idea has been changed or not, there really hasn't been any real news on it.

They need to get in gear on this and the Thor and even Ant Man movies.

Apparently in the Hulk footage shown in New York, the less than subtle reference to Captain America was... great. Some hope that the film is finally being made?

Probably a long ways off.Feige mentioned at IGN that Cap is still looking for a re-write.

We might get Thor next year first.

Probably a long ways off.Feige mentioned at IGN that Cap is still looking for a re-write.

We might get Thor next year first.

Lets hope so... 09 is looking it might just be Wolverine... how lame would that be?

A reference doesn't really mean anything. But it does give hope to people that Marvel is still thinking about the film. I hope that the villain would be the Red Skull,because I had a crazy thought when I was talking with some people about it. It would be such a disappointment to have instead of the Red Skull,there would be some made up villain for the movie..like a common Nazi or such.

I think the Red Skull as the villain is a definite (Hitler being the big bad of course, no need to push RS into the background like the Mandarin). I would like Captain America to be a full-on period piece, with the story of his awakening in the modern day saved for the Avengers. Along with Thor, it'd be unique for fans and audiences to alike to only see him as he was originally intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"