First Avenger Captain America: The First Avenger Merchandise Thread.

wonder how much shipping would be for those shirts to come from overseas. :woot:
hahaha YEAH I've been thinking the same thing. Probably more than the cost of the shirts.
I REALLY like the Cap Thor and Iron Man movie shirts. Those are VERY cool in MY book.

I still need to order my super soldier t-shirt from Play, but got plenty of time seeing as it doesn't come out till the 29th over here (Damn you UK!), I'm also ordering the maxi teaser poster too :woot:

http://www.play.com/Clothing/T-Shirts/4-/18832215/Marvel-Comics-Men-Captain-America-Super-Soldier-Uniform-T-Shirt/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=captain+america&urlrefer=search

I'm with you there about the 29th...grr...I won't be able to come on here for a week! Anyway...
I have that t-shirt (which I also ordered from Play). I would definitely recommend it, it's such a great looking shirt

Is the Prestige Captain America costume the best Cap costume out there or does anybody know where I can get a really quality version? Halloween's right around the corner and I've decided to be Cap this year

Is the Prestige Captain America costume the best Cap costume out there or does anybody know where I can get a really quality version? Halloween's right around the corner and I've decided to be Cap this year
Well I'm not sure when exactly you'll see the Costume. Most of the Halloween shops around here are annual or seasonal shops. I don't think they be out before september.
Few of us Thor fans want the helmet and Mjolnir and they're all preorder as far as I know.

I went to Barnes and Noble this afternoon...there were several magazines with Captain America on the cover but I bought the TOTAL FILM one because it came with a Cap's shield mousepad.

I have a track pad so putting it over my laptop would be counter productive...lol

Another look at the 6" Cap and also the Ultimate WW2 Cap is coming in that line...
6inchcapthor.jpg

FINALLY managed to get Skull today at Target but then they had stocked out all their pegs and even had the Skull/Cap 2-packs as well as the Bucky Cap/Crossbones 2-pack as well.

So the Thor figures are exclusive to W*M, but the Cap ones aren't? Interesting. I'm definitely gonna get movie Cap, Fury & Thor.

Had to take some quick snaps of Skull. Quite impressed with the figure overall given the scale...
dcd3dw.jpg

2zqssac.jpg

2vj2847.jpg

Cortana's light up LED base from the Halo 3 figures by McF works really well with Skull so I think he found himself a new home, though I didn't properly focus this snap you get the idea.:woot:
123qwk9.jpg

Got my first Cap shirt yesterday. It's a simple one of just Cap's shield, but it's just what I've been looking for. I can't wait to wear it on Friday! :D

Got my first Cap shirt yesterday. It's a simple one of just Cap's shield, but it's just what I've been looking for. I can't wait to wear it on Friday! :D

Same here, this is the one I got though I got it from Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure so it has a stamp on the back of the shirt:
31cdPoLyUXL.jpg

Also there's already another Hot Toys Cap confirmed to be in the works but right now is just labled "Top Secret Project". Speculation is that it's the USO costumed version and info about the Hero costume is that originally the shield was going to be metal but it proved to be too heavy for the figure.

I hope they do Red Skull before another version of cap

@Simo I was going to get a Cap shirt when I went to Unviersal back in June, but then I saw they had some Deadpool shirts. :oldrazz:

I'm really disappointed that 7-11 doesn't look like they're going to have Captain America Slurpee cups, like all of Marvel Studio's past films. They only have Cowboys and Aliens. :(

yeah but the alienade for that movie is great.

I'm really disappointed that 7-11 doesn't look like they're going to have Captain America Slurpee cups, like all of Marvel Studio's past films. They only have Cowboys and Aliens. :(
That does stink really. Makes no sense they'd do the others but not Cap. Unless they wait for Avengers.

Same here, this is the one I got though I got it from Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure so it has a stamp on the back of the shirt:
31cdPoLyUXL.jpg

Also there's already another Hot Toys Cap confirmed to be in the works but right now is just labled "Top Secret Project". Speculation is that it's the USO costumed version and info about the Hero costume is that originally the shield was going to be metal but it proved to be too heavy for the figure.

I bought one of them in HMV (it's like the UK version of FYE) yesterday, it's really nice - only £11.99 too. Bargain!

@Simo I was going to get a Cap shirt when I went to Unviersal back in June, but then I saw they had some Deadpool shirts. :oldrazz:

Haha well my work rented out the entire Islands of Adventure including the Marvel park and World of Harry Potter and for another bonus everybody got like $20 in park cash to spend so, I got that shirt! :oldrazz:

I just received The Art of Captain America: The First Avenger book...WOW! :wow:

Here's a pic of Hot Toys Caps from SDCC... looks amazing

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_6.jpg

Seriously...thats one of, if not THE best Marvel figure Hot Toys will have produced. I can't wait to get mine!

I really need a get job soon, so I can get the Avengers Cap figure they'll make next year. :D

You guys should really check out the art book. Comes in a slick slipcase and the book is just jam packed, though I've only flicked through a few pages until I delve into it tomorrow after watching the film.

It's sad when you see some of the poster concepts because some are just plain awesome and variants like a helmeted version of the teaser...
5963231874_b7bee69c1d_b.jpg

5962657549_5c25098fc2_b.jpg

Check out Parka's review with some more snaps and video:
http://parkablogs.com/content/book-review-art-of-captain-america-first-avenger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"