Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avengers 4, probably.

How do we know it's not 7? (Sorry if already explained).
4 posts above yours. Brie Larson herself tweeted that it's not true.

Wouldn't it be funny if what she actually meant is that she's signed on for more than 7 movies? :hehe:

An actress of her caliber wouldn't sign on for 7 movies... she's probably signed on for 3 or 4, and she's planning to renegotiate her contract later down the line.

I don’t care if they have to pay her a lot as long as they can make sure she appears in all the films they want. I thought they would want her for at least a CM trilogy and accompanying Avengers films (so 6 at a minimum IMO including Avengers 4). Even if she acts her pants off in the first film but is then not around to deliver on all the set up I’ll be very disappointed. RDJ being great in the first Iron Man wouldn’t have made up for him not appearing again.

I don’t care if they have to pay her a lot as long as they can make sure she appears in all the films they want. I thought they would want her for at least a CM trilogy and accompanying Avengers films (so 6 at a minimum IMO including Avengers 4). Even if she acts her pants off in the first film but is then not around to deliver on all the set up I’ll be very disappointed. RDJ being great in the first Iron Man wouldn’t have made up for him not appearing again.

RDJ was technically done with his deal after AoU. He could have left then, but he signed on for more. I imagine she will do the same.

RDJ was technically done with his deal after AoU. He could have left then, but he signed on for more. I imagine she will do the same.
Oh so he signed on for 5 films to start with? Hopefully Brie has signed for at least that many, and then also renews as required if more CM and Avengers films are planned.

How do we know it's not 7? (Sorry if already explained).

That’s ok, I was talking about brie’s contract. We know it’s not seven because she confirmed on Twitter.

Counting the movies I know he appears in:
  1. Iron Man
  2. Iron Man 2
  3. The Avengers
  4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  6. Avengers: Infinity War
  7. Captain Marvel
  8. Spider-Man: Far From Home
What is his 9th movie?

I think he signed for more movies which is nice. He’s loving it actually

By the way, I thought I would share something I thought was funny on twitter. Not sure if it’s been shared before but it’s a blockbuster commercial with a surprise cameo

She probably signed up for a 5 or 6 film contract, as that seems to be what Marvel's doing these days. Boseman got the former, Holland and Cumberbatch got the latter. I'm sure any of them can pull an RDJ and sign on for more when the time comes.

She probably signed up for a 5 or 6 film contract, as that seems to be what Marvel's doing these days. Boseman got the former, Holland and Cumberbatch got the latter. I'm sure any of them can pull an RDJ and sign on for more when the time comes.
Good, and hopefully they all re-sign when the time comes!

Anyone read the latest Life of Captain Marvel issue.

Carol has been half Kree all along. Her mother is a kree soldier called Mari-ell. Carol is Car-Ell which means Champion on Hala, and instead of the psyche magnetron giving her her powers it just activated her Kree side/powers.

Man I want to read Life of CM so bad, but I still haven't even started Mighty CM. Why am I so broke and lazy.

But I'm glad the reign of terror of the Psyche-Magnetron is finally over. Carol's origin story has always been the weakest part of the character, I couldn't care less that they changed it.

It's beyond obvious why they did it, though... I'm still sticking with my theory that Mar-Vell will be Carol's dad in the MCU.

^ FWIW, I only read up to Legacy. I liked the start for the most part (the TV show was the weakest part), but it lost a little steam during Secret Empire. Regardless, you can just read Life of Captain Marvel without needing to read anything prior. It's an excellent story.

Carol has been half Kree all along. Her mother is a kree soldier called Mari-ell. Carol is Car-Ell which means Champion on Hala, and instead of the psyche magnetron giving her her powers it just activated her Kree side/powers.
I think the change is a good change. I like Mar-Vell and I like the old stories, but her origin story is easily the most troubling origin out there.

That being said, controversial opinion: I don't think they did this because of the movie at all and I don't think the movie will use this origin.

I think the change is a good change. I like Mar-Vell and I like the old stories, but her origin story is easily the most troubling origin out there.

That being said, controversial opinion: I don't think they did this because of the movie at all and I don't think the movie will use this origin.

The change could maybe be why they cast Annette Bening as her mother if that's going to be a more beefed up/important role. Or maybe the movie goes in a totally different direction.

Marvel is known for casting great actors in small roles, so it's hard to say.

Rene Russo for instance. Big name, but hardly any dialogue in the first Thor movie.

Marvel is known for casting great actors in small roles, so it's hard to say.

Can't argue with that. It just made me wonder after Annette was on Kimmel and seemed to imply she did stunts. But given its a comic book movie the could be all sorts of reasons she might be involved in stunts. will be interesting to see what road the movie goes down for her origins. And if the comics will align with that in the future if they aren't aligned with it now.

Nice, thanks for that. On my list to read too.

Counting the movies I know he appears in:
  1. Iron Man
  2. Iron Man 2
  3. The Avengers
  4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  6. Avengers: Infinity War
  7. Captain Marvel
  8. Spider-Man: Far From Home
What is his 9th movie?
Post credit scene for Thor where he meets Dr. Selvik (sp?) and Fury shows him the Teserak and it sets up the first Avengers movie--- a really important scene!

Post credit scene for Thor where he meets Dr. Selvik (sp?) and Fury shows him the Teserak and it sets up the first Avengers movie--- a really important scene!
I forgot that scene entirely.

I forgot that scene entirely.

I finally got a chance to watch the tomb raider reboot last night, which one of the captain marvel screenwriters worked on. It was so much better than I thought it would be. Carol is in very good hands

Carol is in good hands because Marvel Studios is a very reliable studio. First of all Tomb Raider was really forgettable so just from that i would worry about the film. Second none of us knows how much of the writer's script is kept in the final product. The movie has seven writers and the Glow writers along with the directors wrote the later drafts. I don't think Geneva's script will be a big part of the final film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"