Infinity War Avengers: Infinity War SPOILER User Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone explain to me why doctor strange didn't use the time stone throughout the film? or is it because the writers couldn't think of a way thanos could ever even get close to winning if strange actually used the stone as he had in his own film...

He did use the time stone. Remember when Tony was coming up with the plan and stop because Strange was floating using the stone. He saw over 4 million? outcomes 1 leading to victory.

Tony is the key which is why Strange gave Thanos the time stone for Tony's life. Also note the prior to landing on Titan, Strange said he would let Tony and Peter die before giving up the stone, this is why we know he saw something that changed his mind

It was 14 million outcomes no? Not that it matters, just that it's a lot of ways for the Avengers to lose haha.

He did use the time stone. Remember when Tony was coming up with the plan and stop because Strange was floating using the stone. He saw over 4 million? outcomes 1 leading to victory.

Tony is the key which is why Strange gave Thanos the time stone for Tony's life. Also note the prior to landing on Titan, Strange said he would let Tony and Peter die before giving up the stone, this is why we know he saw something that changed his mind

Exactly, you have to pay attention to what he says during the film. He is sworn to protect the stone with his life, yet Strange knows that giving up the stone means his death, but also means saving Tony, and also that Thanos much "achieve" his goal to lose. Again, we are shocked by who dies, but it's almost more important to note who lives:

Titan - Tony and Nebula

Earth - Cap, Thor, Banner, Natasha, Rhodey, Rocket, Okoye

Most importantly - Carol Danvers

Not sure about Shuri, I have to see it again. We know that Lang makes it from A4 set photos, and I suspect Hawkeye is the other.

Avenger 4 will fix the timeline issue, but I think that many events like Ant-Man and the Wasp will take place before the events of Infinity War.

i can see it taking place DURING infinity war.

outside of the quick attack on NY - the rest was on titan or in wakanda - completely hidden from the real world.

my guess is it happens during and then at the end of the movie, we see micheal douglas or michelle pfeiffer or someone else turn to dust.

Did Maria Hill call Clint? I saw somewhere that said that she was placing a call to him at the end before disintegrating. I can't remember what happened exactly though.

Exactly, you have to pay attention to what he says during the film. He is sworn to protect the stone with his life, yet Strange knows that giving up the stone means his death, but also means saving Tony, and also that Thanos much "achieve" his goal to lose. Again, we are shocked by who dies, but it's almost more important to note who lives:

Titan - Tony and Nebula

Not sure about Shuri, I have to see it again. We know that Lang makes it from A4 set photos, and I suspect Hawkeye is the other.

They didn't show Shuri, but I doubt they took both siblings. They seemed to take half of partners.

Bucky-Steve
Warmachine-Falcon were buddies in this
Groot-Rocket
Spider-Man-Stark

I believe Wong is alive since Strange is gone.

He did use it....he used it to explore 14 million different scenerios of how to defeat him....and found only one that worked.

i got that part, but my question is, why didn't he simply use the time stone at multiple times throughout the film, most notably when star lord loses his sht and messes up their plan to remove the gauntlet. spider-man literally had it off before thaos takes it back at the last second. he could have easily rewinded time, held back star lord for another second, and then they would have been successful.

i can see it taking place DURING infinity war.

outside of the quick attack on NY - the rest was on titan or in wakanda - completely hidden from the real world.

my guess is it happens during and then at the end of the movie, we see micheal douglas or michelle pfeiffer or someone else turn to dust.

It was on the news in Edinbourgh(sp?) but where Wanda and Vision were. I was thinking the movie took place in a span of 6-8 hours. Despite it being night where Vision and Wanda stayed. I don't think everything in AM/W will go that fast. They mention the whole house arrest so they should start with Clint taking him back home. Have a brief montage of his house arrest. AM/W can take place the exact week that Thanos went to Xandar and took the power gem. Thanos collected the rest in that one day or hours span. I do think Hank will be dusted once they reunite, they just get Janet back so I don't see her leaving again. Cassie is another one that may go dust or Pena, but I expect Cassie would hit harder.

Absolutely amazing. I would say exceeded my expectations but that would be putting it modestly.

Move over Dark Knight Joker, there's a new "best cbm movie villain" and his name is The Mad Titan, Thanos.

The fact that you can genuinely feel some sympathy for Thanos when he realises what he has to do to Gamora is some really good writing and acting. Saldana did a great job of finally understanding how Thanos felt about her before he sacrifices her. Makes his actions all the more believable and nuanced.

I didn't feel any sympathy for Thanos at all. Like all sociopaths, his emotions are twisted, delusional and self-serving. His supposed "love" for Gamora never stopped him from torturing her for decades as he tried to mold her in his own warped version of what she should be. And he surely didn't love her enough not to kill her. His tears were meaningless.

Did Maria Hill call Clint? I saw somewhere that said that she was placing a call to him at the end before disintegrating. I can't remember what happened exactly though.

I thought that she was calling SHIELD HQ before she turned to ash but I could be wrong.

This brings up a question I had: Has Nick Fury fully resurrected SHIELD in the MCU? He and Hill pulled old #64 out of mothballs in AOU but I thought that he was still operating in the shadows after that. I don't watch Agents of SKYE anymore so I don't know whether those guys are supposed to be all that's left of SHIELD.

Titan - Tony and Nebula

M'Baku also survived.

I wonder if it's the Russos, or Markus and McFeely, or Feige who has a thing against Footloose. :cwink:

I thought that she was calling SHIELD HQ before she turned to ash but I could be wrong.

This brings up a question I had: Has Nick Fury fully resurrected SHIELD in the MCU? He and Hill pulled old #64 out of mothballs in AOU but I thought that he was still operating in the shadows after that. I don't watch Agents of SKYE anymore so I don't know whether those guys are supposed to be all that's left of SHIELD.

I think he has an underground Shield team of his most loyal people. In AoU he mentioned borrowing that carrier, but Agents of Shield never mentioned such a thing.

Kinda wondered what happen to Valkyrie, not sure it this was mentioned I forgot. Would have to like to see what happened at Nova Corp when Thanos received the power stone as well but that would have been a long movie.

I was frantically looking around for Valkyrie at the beginning of the movie. She is honestly one of my favorite female MCU characters (along with Peggy Carter).

I also want to know where the heck Lady Sif is.

i got that part, but my question is, why didn't he simply use the time stone at multiple times throughout the film, most notably when star lord loses his sht and messes up their plan to remove the gauntlet. spider-man literally had it off before thaos takes it back at the last second. he could have easily rewinded time, held back star lord for another second, and then they would have been successful.

Apparently they wouldn't have been, if Strange only saw one timeline in which they won. (The one they are in now).

I think 'i'm sorry this is the only way' could still mean that Tony sacrifices himself later on in the timeline. To the audience it seems like Strange is apologising in that moment for choosing Tony over the time stone. However, Strange could be apologising to Tony in advance as the future where Strange sees success is where iron man sacrifices himself....Strange is actually sacrificing iron man to get the time stone back...hope it makes sense at what i am trying get at.

I think 'i'm sorry this is the only way' could still mean that Tony sacrifices himself later on in the timeline. To the audience it seems like Strange is apologising in that moment for choosing Tony over the time stone. However, Strange could be apologising to Tony in advance as the future where Strange sees success is where iron man sacrifices himself....Strange is actually sacrificing iron man to get the time stone back...hope it makes sense at what i am trying get at.

This was my thought as well. That that scene was portent to Stark sacrificing himself.

Apparently they wouldn't have been, if Strange only saw one timeline in which they won. (The one they are in now).

that doesn't make any sense. why try to go with the plan to remove the gauntlet if he knew they would be successful by just giving him the stone in the end anyway? the writing doesn't match up when you actually think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"