Spoilers: Mar-Vell Will Die

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
And does this even count as a spoiler? It's like saying that Maria Castle, Jack Murdoch and Ben Parker also die. The Death of Captain Marvel is one of the most famous stories in Marvel Comics history.

I think what remains to be seen is if he has any sort of children who will grow up to become Photon and Martyr.

We don't yet have any knowledge that Mar-Vell will be in the movie whether he lives or dies.

Yeah, the spoiler implicit in such a statement, if true, is that Mar-Vell exists at all. Yes, it may seem obvious, but *we don't know*. Especially since its not really that hard to envision a Carol Danvers who never has anything to do with Mar-Vell.

Yeah, the question is "Does Marv-Ell of the Kree even exist at all in the MCU"? As for offspring? They can make them separate characters from Marv if they want.

For the ten thousandth time... Have we not learned that there is no guarantee that these characters will be one for one analogs of their comic book counterparts? It's like with Flash in HOMECOMING. Some are incensed that the HC Flash is not like the comics and therefore we won't get to the point in the films where "Agent Venom" is a possibility... Let's table the idea that an Agent Venom film would ever get made in a way that would encompass the decades long continuity that led to that story or that it could be done in an in depth way at all given that we get at best a film every two to three years with these characters with sub 2hr 15 run times for the most part... Why have the expectations at this point seeing all we have seen with these adaptations that you were as a fan ever guaranteed Flash Thompson as Agent Venom in the first place? Do you think a tertiary character and concept like that, being realized in live action, is what these films are about? They've altered the story of everyone from Cap to Hulk in these films. How was it Agent Venom was going to get a pass?

Same with the offspring of Marv. We could get them as the sons and daughters of "Marv-Ell, the Protector Of The Universe" or they could be substantially altered to fit as the creators see it more easily into the near ten year old MCU.

I am congenitally a "stick to the comics" guy but that's leavened by knowing that's not only not possible as often as I would like, but given the decades worth of stories in their exactitude that would have to be integrated to make the films line up not probable given the reality of film making.

The Death of Captain Marvel is one of the most famous stories in Marvel Comics history.

That was one of the earliest graphic novels I bought, not too long after it came out. I don't own a lot of Marvel but I've kept this. The scene where [BLACKOUT]the Skrull representative arrives with the medal[/BLACKOUT] really got to me back then and it still does. And yes I know the book is 35 years old, but I blacked that out because I wouldn't want any first-time reader to be denied the emotional impact of that. Probably my favourite part of the book. Great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"