• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Captain Marvel VS Wonder Women

No he is because he was made immortal thus taking away his heal problem. Not the legend of it but the actual thing.

A little off-topic, but for Captain Marvel (and the other Marvel family members and Black Adam), can he summon the lightning at will to use in battle? Or does he have to shout "Shazam" to use it, there fore transforming back to Billy?

IIRC, his magic lightning only comes when he screams Shazam.
And initially, it was only used to transform him into CM and back, hence why it only strikes at the position he´s at.

Only in KC (non-canon) did we start seeing him using it in-battle, calling for it and sidestepping super-fast so that it hits the place where was previously.

Back on the issue of heritage, whereas all the people who gave WW her powers were gods, some of CM´s were not.

Solomon was an ancient king of Israel (whose feats are attributed by historians other to previous rulers).

Achilles was a demigod, son of a mortal man and a sea nynph (and thus, NOT a goddess)

Im fairly certain Thetis is regarded as a Sea Goddess.

Hush said:
No he is because he was made immortal thus taking away his heal problem. Not the legend of it but the actual thing.
But he can be killed by attacking his heel.

Hush said:
Im fairly certain Thetis is regarded as a Sea Goddess.

Nope, she was a nereid, a sea nymph.

Powerwise, they´re closer to friendly mermaids than Poseidon.

Sloth7d said:
But he can be killed by attacking his heel.

Correction on earth he COULD be killed by attacking his heel because that was his only fault. Now, according to real myth not DC myth, he is on a paradise island and immortal. Im willing to bet that he wont be killed by that anymore.

Thetis was a nereid, a daughter of Poseidon, thus Achilles is the grandson of one of the most powerful of the greek gods.

More like the son of a glorified mermaid.

In anycase can we agree that he is Immortal now and on an island of paradise?

we can agree on that, but he isn't a god

No, but he is kinda like one now. Nevermind, I give up.

don't, that's not what achilles would do

Achilles would go to patroclus and complain about how he isnt a god. Then they would have hot man sex.

The nereids were goddesses but fairly minor ones. Achilles was somewhat more than mortal but less than divine. After death due to his favored status as a warrior of renown with a divine heritage he would have been eligible to ascend to godhood but nothing was ever said about as far as I know.

Nereids were not sea goddesses, they were water sprites at best.

i only know that they're not goddesses

So yeah I think Wonder Woman would win I can just seeing her taking him out. Then again I think Marvel could have an edge somewhere in the bout. In anycase I am not sure who would win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"