Cast and Crew: So far!

I agree with you Willie, but seeing what an abbreviated appearance we saw of Alicia, I have my doubts that any supporting character at this point will get their just due. My guess is that most of the cutting that happened in the editing room was motivated by "how many showings can we get in one business day". The theater owners like it when a movie clocks in at somewhere above 90 minutes but less than 2 hrs so they can have more showings per day. Additionally, the FF doesn't have the reputation to get the stellar treatment that the "X-Men" receives, let alone a "Harry Potter" or the "Lord of the Rings" . The sad thing is that the FF does have the scope of those mentioned but I don't think Tim Story is the guy that can put it up on the screen, nor the screen writers that have been attached to the project so far. Nothing would please me more if these guys prove me wrong!

Goblin, I hope we see at least some update on Doom's status in FF2 but they save the "full out Doom" that Tim Story promises for a possible FF3. And I agree with you... he should get the same treatment that Magneto gets in the films. That preview of him tossing around those 18 wheelers in X-3 looks pretty awesome. I guess you could say that in FF1, Doom was just learning about being a supervillain...in his next appearance, the training wheels should be off.:)

Iron Maiden said:
My guess is that most of the cutting that happened in the editing room was motivated by "how many showings can we get in one business day". The theater owners like it when a movie clocks in at somewhere above 90 minutes but less than 2 hrs so they can have more showings per day.

I'm afraid you're right. The only bright point is we may get a re-injection of some heart in a director's cut.

I seem to remember seeing Tim Story actually making a statement like: "Yeah, we had to delete some really good scenes to get the time down."

What a shame to have an actress like Kerry Washington and leave 80% of her performance on the cutting room floor. I just hope they can get her back for the next one now. I'm afraid she'll say: "After what you did last time? Forget it."

J Alba's Lover said:
WTF crap is this?

Mandy is Sue Storm
We have no news to report on Mandy Moore to pepper these pictures of her in the June issue of "Elle" Magazine with so we'll just go ahead and invent something. We've heard from a very reliable source (at least insomuch as the voices in our head can be considered reliable) that Mandy has replaced Jessica Alba in the upcoming FANTASTIC FOUR sequel as Sue Storm aka The Invisible Girl due to excessive, almost schizophrenic, diva antics including asking for an obscene hike in pay and preposterous demands for set accomodations for her and her entourage. One studio insider speaking on the condition of anonymity mentions "Jessica wants actual marines protecting her and her 'priceless movie star' body. She's blaming [director] Tim [Story] and all the producers for global warming. What a psycho!" Further, it was Mandy's impressive performance in AMERICAN DREAMZ that convinced Story she'd be a perfect replacement for Jessica.

Posted by Hottie Provider on May 16, 2006 04:09 PM | Permalink

http://www.moviehotties.com/2006/05/mandy_is_sue_storm.html

If it's true, oh boy what a change.Any Mandy Moore lovers out there ? And if it's not all I can say is. LOL.

Allmost as funny as this, my all time favorite. Makes my alltime favorite BS club.

http://datelinehollywood.com/archives/2005/07/10/fantastic-four-receives-dreaded-nc-17-rating/

i remember that. i was just thinking the other day where i could find that.

J Alba's Lover said:
i remember that. i was just thinking the other day where i could find that.

Yea I read that and couldn't stop laughing. And the more I read it the harder I laughed. Ohhhhhhhhhhh the mental images. LOL. The Thing having sex, Doom having sex with an invisable Sue Storm. LOL

Carp Man said:
Yea I read that and couldn't stop laughing. And the more I read it the harder I laughed. Ohhhhhhhhhhh the mental images. LOL. The Thing having sex, Doom having sex with an invisable Sue Storm. LOL
i know its really messed up. to imagine a guy there making noises.

J Alba's Lover said:
i know its really messed up. to imagine a guy there making noises.

You're right. It was so messed up, that's what made it hillarious.

Carp Man said:
You're right. It was so messed up, that's what made it hillarious.
some people have way to entirely to much time on there hands. to come up with some like that.

Ignore it....

Dr. Dooms return is likely a surprise so he may not be listed in this one. Simple because they want it to be surprise. Kinda like William Defoe at the end of Spiderman 2 only Doom will have a longer surorise cameo. I however feel tha it is to soon in the series for Galactus but Silver Surfer sounds cool.

To soon for Galactus, but not for the Surfer! Doesn't one herald the arrival of the other?

I suppose they could fill part two with the arrival of the Surfer, him freeing Doom, and Doom taking his powers. After following the action laid out in FF 57-60, and in DareDevil 37 [Doom stripped of his powers by Galactus] that would leave part three to deal with the Galactus story in full.

If doing Galactus' full story takes away from time on screen for he F4, I say no. Its Fantastic Four Movie....give Galactus and SS their own movie, don't use the F4 movie to do their story.

By the full story, I meant the events covered in the classic FF #48-50.

I in no way wish to see either of their "origins" in this or any other FF movie. THAT should be saved for a solo film, if at all [never did care for the origin Stan cooked up for the Surfer in the solo '68 series, and I for one would like to see it ignored in the movies].

BloodyWolverine said:
Dr. Dooms return is likely a surprise so he may not be listed in this one. Simple because they want it to be surprise.

*watches end of FF1*

In several issues of FF, Tony Stark shows up and helps rebuild the Baxter Building. FF Inc and Stark Industries have a long running business relationship. It wouldn't infringe on any other studios rights if during a Baxter Building upgrade or the construction of the Fantasticar that Reed and Tony were standing around discussing the bill and wearing some hardhats. Hell, Reed never even needs to say his last name. Just have a dark haired good lookin' guy with a moustache that he calls Tony.

Works for me.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

p.s. How have y'all been? I'm finally settled in at Chicago and got the internet up and running. :D

Franklin Richards said:
In several issues of FF, Tony Stark shows up and helps rebuild the Baxter Building. FF Inc and Stark Industries have a long running business relationship. It wouldn't infringe on any other studios rights if during a Baxter Building upgrade or the construction of the Fantasticar that Reed and Tony were standing around discussing the bill and wearing some hardhats. Hell, Reed never even needs to say his last name. Just have a dark haired good lookin' guy with a moustache that he calls Tony.

Works for me.

p.s. How have y'all been? I'm finally settled in at Chicago and got the internet up and running. :D

Welcome Back!!:)

Franklin Richards said:

Works for me.

Welcome back. This is The Thing 2005, under an allis. :eek:

Scripter Payne Talks Fantastic Four 2 Wednesday, 17 May 2006
F4-FF-36.jpg
The Simpsons scribe Don Payne is set to see his feature-length screenwriting debut, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, bow later this summer, and it came at a price. “Unfortunately animated shows don’t really have a hiatus, so I had to write it on my nights and weekends,” he recently told Now Playing magazine. “I was actually able to do it pretty quickly - I just had to ignore my responsibilities as a husband and father, which I’m sure I’ll pay for when I’m divorced and my kids are in therapy.”
There are few projects for which Payne would gladly jump through those same hoops, but the sequel to last year’s Fantastic Four is one of them, so he might want to consider putting a therapist on retainer. With director Tim Story back on board, Payne has been tabbed to tackle a script (after Mark Frost, a writer on the first film, also took a pass at the continued adventures of the quartet).
“I’ve been reading Fantastic Four comics since I was a kid,” says Payne, “and I’m intimately familiar with the characters and their history - as are so many other fans out there. So I know their voices because I grew up with them, and it’s just a thrill to be able to put words in their mouths.”
Having already riffed on and re-contextualized superhero conventions for My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Payne thinks he can jump back into more overt action territory with Fantastic Four 2, but he still sees the franchise’s appeal in its familial roots. “If I were to leak anything to you about the story, it would be clobberin’ time for me,” says Payne, who wouldn’t confirm or deny for us rumors that the Silver Surfer shows up in his version of the script. “But I think the Fantastic Four are actually like the Simpsons in a lot of ways - they’re a uniquely dysfunctional, squabbling family who, at the end of the day, has a real love for one another.”
As long as Sue Storm doesn’t start rocking a blue beehive ’do and The Thing doesn’t develop a beer gut…

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/3763/2/

Well i'm willing to give him a shot,wonder how they will use SS though

LMAO....*double take*......good job!

If Frost is indeed gone.....then bring on Payne......

My question is: The very first draft I read. The one that had "Van Damn" owning the Baxter building (with no mention of Latveria) and set up all the major problems such as the organic armor and the Victor/Sue relationship (which was a real, two-way relationship in that first draft. . .

Was that Mark Frost or Michael France? If that was Mark Frost, then I'd like to see just about anybody but him take a shot at the next one, if that was Michael France, then I'm more neutral and would be interested in seeing either Frost or Payne take a shot.

My main concern is, if Payne is doing this script, then will Doom be involved in any shape or form?

GoblinScrier said:
My main concern is, if Payne is doing this script, then will Doom be involved in any shape or form?

i guess not!!!

but didn't tim story say we will get FULL DOOM in F4-2.

antariksh said:
but didn't tim story say we will get FULL DOOM in F4-2.

He did say that a while back. And I'm assuming he knew there were two competing scripts.
My guess is that we'll see Doom for some amount of time in FF2, probably at the start if it ends up a SS/Galactus film.

Like many, I'm hoping they save Galactus for a cliffhanger and FF3, unless they show the FF becoming more seasoned, experienced superguys.
Here's a suggestion, Fox: Start the film with a 1 to 2-minute montage showing them in battles with various villains. (complete with newspaper headlines floaating by that identifies some of the villains, like "F4 Stomps Mole Man.") It would provide lots of action and lots of FF-type humor, too. Imagine seeing bad guys like the Skrulls, Diablo and Puppet Master for just a few seconds each...Finally, the montage segues into the closing moments of the FF's rematch with a "full" Doom.

Anyway, Payne is obviously a big FF fan. So now we have two fans at the helm. I'm (guardedly) optimistic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"