Cast The Justice League

shadow:

WW needs her own Christian Bale or Christopher Reeve.

see, that's key to me. I think WW has to be played by someone who really wants it and understands what it means to be the first big screen WW.

Thats well and good but talented actors have learned about they're comic counterparts during pre-production, have fallen in love with the character, and performed excellently on screen.

All you see is Van Wilder but has played a number of different roles. Amityville Horror, Smokin Aces, Foolproof, The Nines, Chaos Theory, and Finder's Fee.

Your entire opinion of him seems based on Van Wilder, Waiting..., and Blade:Trinity.

yeah, I've seen most of those films, but I just don't think he's a very good actor. Maybe I just detest that tongue in cheek, loveable bastard kind of character he always plays. Even when he's playing a good guy you know he's going to flash that corny smile and the puppy dog eyes and everyone is supposed to swoon. Superman is america's greatest hero (sorry Captain America, I still love you too) and I think the actor playing him should take the role seriously. Superman doesn't crack jokes, he's a boyscout. RR isn't a boyscout, because he was too busy lighting firecrackers and dropping them in toilets to go to the meetings.
I just can't see him being able to pull it off convincingly. Maybe he has acting chops I've never seen, but I'm probably not alone when I think the best parts of Ryan Reynolds are his abs first, his sense of humor second, and acting ability in a distant third tied with his ability to tell funny stories about dating Alanis Morrisette.

shadow:

WW needs her own Christian Bale or Christopher Reeve.

totally. Two perfect examples of the right actor for the right part. Well known without being boxoffice snobs, and believable as their roles.
The only time I'd lump Ryan Reynold and Christian Bale together in the same category would be if I was describing male actors...that I'd like to bone.

yeah, I've seen most of those films, but I just don't think he's a very good actor. Maybe I just detest that tongue in cheek, loveable bastard kind of character he always plays. Even when he's playing a good guy you know he's going to falsh that corny smile and the puppy dog eyes and everyone is supposed to swoon. Superman is america's greatest hero (sorry Captain America, I still love you too) and I think the actor playing him should take the role seriously. Superman doesn't crack jokes, he's a boyscout. RR isn't a boyscout, because he was too busy lighting firecrackers and dropping them in toilets to go to the meetings.
I just can't see him being able to pull it off convincingly. Maybe he has acting chops I've never seen, but I'm probably not alone when I think the best parts of Ryan Reynolds are his abs first, his sense of humor second, and acting ability in a distant third tied with his ability to tell funny stories about dating Alanis Morrisette.

:whatever: Now hes wrong for Supes because he smiles?

You act like Superman would get a total rewrite to comedy because Reynolds did comedy in his early career. Superman is confident. Ryan Reynolds has a limitless amount of confidence, which adds to his presence. He knows when to be serious and when to be funny, even in Van Wilder, so accomplishing legitimate human characters should be fine. He hasnt done a role that balances perfectly yet. Hes either intense, goody, or stoic (sp?) but he hasnt balanceed them all at the same time but I think he could.

not wrong for smiling, wrong for being best known the guy they hired to play Deadpool. You'd have to be a pretty awesome chameleon in the acting world to play both of those superhero roles believeably.
Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool = awesome fit, couldn't be better! Deadpool is a wise cracking big mouthed comic character. Love it.
Ryan Reynolds as Superman = seriously? Ok, but you know he's going to try and make a joke about him wearing tights in the movie

Ryan Reynolds as Superman is a creative and original choice but him as Deadpool or Wally West just seems to click more than Superman. I wouldnt mind if he were cast, but he doesnt seem as right for the role as some other actors mentioned before. (Henry Cavill, James Cavieziel, Michael Trucco).

not wrong for smiling, wrong for being best known the guy they hired to play Deadpool. You'd have to be a pretty awesome chameleon in the acting world to play both of those superhero roles believeably.
Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool = awesome fit, couldn't be better! Deadpool is a wise cracking big mouthed comic character. Love it.

Reynolds as Deadpool is awesome. His history with comedy is undeniable. Hes one of a few people who when given free reign to do anything can still make it work which is pretty much the definition of Deadpool.

Ryan Reynolds as Superman = seriously? Ok, but you know he's going to try and make a joke about him wearing tights in the movie

No, I dont know hes going to make a tights joke. Thats the problem. You refuse to see past Van Wilder. He has done characters completely different. He keeps going back to them because people both expect him to and want him to. But he has done better, can do better, and will do better. Superman is easily a good fit for him.

Obviously Im not going to change your mind though. I think its insane that you have more confidence in a no-name than an actor with even a little experience

Ryan Reynolds as Superman is a creative and original choice but him as Deadpool or Wally West just seems to click more than Superman. I wouldnt mind if he were cast, but he doesnt seem as right for the role as some other actors mentioned before. (Henry Cavill, James Cavieziel, Michael Trucco).

Caviezel I dont see at all. Hes so vapid and boring. I think I liked one movie with him in it (frequency)

After seeing clips of Teresa Palmer in "Restaint", I think she could play Talia Al Ghul. With the right make-up and voice lessons she'd be a dead ringer.

I agree, but that doesn't mean she's have to be played by a hollywood A-lister.

I agree. But if a qualified A-list actress gets it I won't be against it, either.

There are a million great actors out there (of which CZJ is one) and I'm sure there's more than a few who would love the opportunity to play WOnder Woman (Which I doubt CZJ is one of)

Agreed.

Anne Hathaway has shown interest.

She needs to be played by someone who'll really sink their teeth into it, believe it, and make WW come to life on screen.

Agreed

CZJ doesn't care about WW. If she knows her at all, it's from the 70's tv show. And I don't think any of us want to see some regurgitated Linda Carter Wonderwoman knock off in a 21st century JL film.

It's worse then you think.

Catherine Zeta-Jones Denies Wonder Woman Rumors
"I like people without stupid powers"

By Entertainment News Staff, -

4th of November 2005, 10:00 GMT

Catherine Zeta-Jones has recently declared she was never interested to play Wonder Woman in a film version of the classic TV show. The Welsh beauty has allegedly insisted she wouldn't step into the heroine's pants on the big screen - and has branded the superhero "stupid".

"I like people without stupid powers", the actress was quoted in Britain's News of the World newspaper as saying.

Lynda Carter, the actress who became famous for her part as Wonder Woman, thinks that the best choice for the big budget film version of the movie, which is set to be shot in Australia next year, will be an unknown actress in her 20s.

Apparently, neither Sandra Bullock, 40, nor Catherine Zeta-Jones, 35, will have the chance to wear the gold bullet-reflecting bracelets and whirl the magic lasso, as they are considered too old for the part.

Catherine Zeta-Jones has also laughed off rumors claiming she had upset Sharon Stone by beating her to the lead role in new film STOMPANATO. The Legend of Zorro star is set to play legendary actress Lana Turner in the movie.
Catherine insists she knows nothing of a supposed rivalry with Sharon Stone.

"I don't know about Sharon being upset about not getting to play Lana. And I know her well", she said.

"But guess what? I wanted to be in Basic Instinct 2!", the actress added.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Catherine-Zeta-Jones-Slams-Wonder-Woman-Rumors-11608.shtml

Plus, CZJ is kind of a diva, WW is tough, but compassionate. I just don't see it as a good fit.

I agree.

She was originally one of my favorite choices but over time I realized she doesn't fit the role. That was after I learned more about WW.

CZJ doesn't have the ability to be a believable warrior, which any actress needs to be a good Diana.

Acting arrogant in most roles doesn't make her like her for the role.

She'd make a better Catwoman though she isn't who I'd want for that role, either.

BTW, who'd be scared of CZJ? If she walked into a room in those Starspangled panties, she would get laughed at.

That's exactly why I'm against Megan Gale.

A 6' tall amazon with cut arms?....no laughter

That's only half of what an actress must do to be a good WW. Any actress with a few months at the gym could do that. What will sell it is that they can be a convincing warrior who is one of the greatest fighters on Earth.

More random JLA members:

Alana De La Garza as Wonder Woman(so far the only suggestion for WW that has impressed me but still uncertain about her)
alana_de_la_garza_photo_3.jpg

Jason Lee as Elogated Man
thumb-JasonLee_Steve_199179_400.jpg

Rachel Leigh Cook as Sue Dibny
rachel-leigh-cook-5.jpg

Michael Jace as Steel
shield-mikejace.jpg

Cereal:

The only thing that concerns me about Garza is her being in fighting scenes. I haven't seen her do stuff like that yet. Everything else she's perfect for.

Did she do that in Smallville? I haven't seen an episodes she was in it.

Who's Jace? I haven't seen him before.

Cereal:

The only thing that concerns me about Garza is her being in fighting scenes. I haven't seen her do stuff like that yet. Everything else she's perfect for.

Did she do that in Smallville? I haven't seen an episodes she was in it.

I really havent seen anything with her in it. Her filmography had some experience on it and it looked like a few different kinds of things so Im giving her some benefit of the doubt. And I like her look except she'll have to bulk. But like I said, Im uncertain of it. Not one suggestion has my 100% backing.

Who's Jace? I haven't seen him before.

Hes on the Shield

I really havent seen anything with her in it.

Watch Law and Order. She won me over instantly with that show.

Her filmography had some experience on it and it looked like a few different kinds of things so Im giving her some benefit of the doubt.

She is a great actress.

And I like her look except she'll have to bulk.

Agreed.

But like I said, Im uncertain of it. Not one suggestion has my 100% backing.

Good idea.

Hes on the Shield

I remember him now. Good choice.

Catherine Zeta-Jones Denies Wonder Woman Rumors
"I like people without stupid powers"

By Entertainment News Staff, -

4th of November 2005, 10:00 GMT

Catherine Zeta-Jones has recently declared she was never interested to play Wonder Woman in a film version of the classic TV show. The Welsh beauty has allegedly insisted she wouldn't step into the heroine's pants on the big screen - and has branded the superhero "stupid".

"I like people without stupid powers", the actress was quoted in Britain's News of the World newspaper as saying.

Lynda Carter, the actress who became famous for her part as Wonder Woman, thinks that the best choice for the big budget film version of the movie, which is set to be shot in Australia next year, will be an unknown actress in her 20s.

Apparently, neither Sandra Bullock, 40, nor Catherine Zeta-Jones, 35, will have the chance to wear the gold bullet-reflecting bracelets and whirl the magic lasso, as they are considered too old for the part.

Catherine Zeta-Jones has also laughed off rumors claiming she had upset Sharon Stone by beating her to the lead role in new film STOMPANATO. The Legend of Zorro star is set to play legendary actress Lana Turner in the movie.
Catherine insists she knows nothing of a supposed rivalry with Sharon Stone.

"I don't know about Sharon being upset about not getting to play Lana. And I know her well", she said.

"But guess what? I wanted to be in Basic Instinct 2!", the actress added.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Catherine-Zeta-Jones-Slams-Wonder-Woman-Rumors-11608.shtml

I agree.

She was originally one of my favorite choices but over time I realized she doesn't fit the role. That was after I learned more about WW.

CZJ doesn't have the ability to be a believable warrior, which any actress needs to be a good Diana.

Acting arrogant in most roles doesn't make her like her for the role.

She'd make a better Catwoman though she isn't who I'd want for that role, either.
i remember that article. it should be noted that CZJ released that statement after being silent for the longest time when the WW rumors started circulating and that the chat session with Lynda Carter naming her emerged. those of us who followed this closely knew CZJ wanted this role, wanted it really bad. but the project just took too long to come together and her star was rising very quickly. the "stupid superpowers" comment was clearly said in sour grapes, because a few days prior to that article, news was published of Whedon or Silver (or someone from the WW crew) saying that they are looking for actresses in their early twentys to play WW. CZJ lost out of the WW lottery ticket primarily due to age issue, hence the nasty comment.

btw she said something in addition after releasing that first statement. she backpedaled a bit because her quotes above reflected badly on her. i couldnt be bothered to look for it because i really wanted her for the role as much as she did but i thought she had the proper sense to just shut up and deflect the question gracefully instead of letting her mouth loose and saying something that we know is a complete lie.

in all fairness to CZJ, she is a good actress and she can kicks ass. Mask of Zorro is merely the tip of the iceberg with what she can really do given the chance to train for it.

More random JLA members:

Alana De La Garza as Wonder Woman(so far the only suggestion for WW that has impressed me but still uncertain about her)
alana_de_la_garza_photo_3.jpg

ah yes the ol' favorite :woot:

Clancy Brown for Lex Luthor in the Superman reboot. He must be the busines man Lex.

large_BrownClancy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"