casting for "BOBBY".

224998_thumb.jpg

I'm embarassed because as soon as I saw the word "Bobby" I thought this would be a thread about a movie follow-up to the cartoon. :D

Can anybody find an actual review for it?

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...08917275_RTRIDST_0_FILM-LEISURE-VENICE-DC.XML

Venice Film Festival finale nears
Sat Sep 9, 2006 8:15am ET

By Mike Collett-White and Silvia Aloisi

VENICE (Reuters) - The 11-day Venice Film Festival winds up on Saturday after a red carpet award ceremony on the glamorous Lido beach front, with British entry "The Queen" and Hollywood's "Bobby" favorites to take away the main prize.

When last year's Golden Lion award went to Ang Lee's "Brokeback Mountain" it was an expected and popular choice at the world's oldest film festival, but 2006 lacks a clear frontrunner.

Film critics and the public alike have hailed Stephen Frears' "The Queen," in which Helen Mirren plays a monarch hopelessly out of touch with her people when Princess Diana dies in a Paris car crash in 1997.

Leading the chasing pack behind "The Queen" for best picture is Emilio Estevez's "Bobby," about a dozen or so characters who were at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles the night Robert Kennedy was shot in 1968.

Sharon Stone, Demi Moore, Anthony Hopkins and Lindsay Lohan appear in a touching story that works real news footage from the day of the assassination into the movie.

"Bobby is the favorite because it has a politically correct appeal, like 'The Queen'," said Maurizio Porro, film critic for Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.

Estevez completed the script in 2000, but said in Venice that the film's lessons about Kennedy and his stand against the U.S. war in Vietnam had become more and more relevant today.

Nevermind...

http://www.radaronline.com/thedailysift/2006/09/mr-estevez-opus.php

Mr. Estevez's Opus

Bobby Kennedy Superstar
Pity poor Bobby. No, not Robert F. Kennedy, whose life was tragically cut down in its prime—we mean Emilio Estevez's new film about the man who would be President. Bobby's premiere at the Venice Film Festival has been (tragically?) overshadowed by its star's love life (is that an engagement ring on Lindsay's finger?) and its director's (Oooh, Emilio's marrying... Somebody). But what about the movie itself?

>> The Boston Herald describes the plot as "an emotional roller coaster of a movie re-creating the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy." The only thing separating it from Lindsay's weekend? The word "emotional."

>> Yahoo gets high on the Reuters feed: "Ashton Kutcher plays a hippie who encourages two of Kennedy's campaign workers to take LSD for the first time, with hilarious consequences." The Movie Mom is most certainly going to click her tongue at this. Tut-tut, tut-tut.

>> Ain't It Cool News, in their exhaustive review, reveals that the pay off is in the end when Kennedy is shot and Nick Cannon is screaming, "THIS IS WHAT YOU GET IN WHITE AMERICA!" Wildin' Out, indeed.

>> Variety: "Stepping up as writer and director in a way he never has before, Estevez successfully pulls together a complexly designed narrative..." And we just thought he was there because his old man didn't want to blow his ride.

facsmth said:
224998_thumb.jpg

I'm embarassed because as soon as I saw the word "Bobby" I thought this would be a thread about a movie follow-up to the cartoon. :D

i loved this cartoon :up:

This is one of my most anticipated movies for the fall, but I goddamn despise Nick Cannon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"