79th Annual Academy Awards Thread

i dont think any films deserves an oscar. i have'nt been impressed with anything that has come out this year.

The Proposition won't be nominated for nun, man. doesn't mean it isn't deserving, but it just doesnt work that way. Would be cool tho.

GoldenAgeHero said:
i dont think any films deserves an oscar. i have'nt been impressed with anything that has come out this year.

what have you seen this year? and yes it's been a bad year for movies

GoldenAgeHero said:

We've just started Oscar season meboy, give it two months, and then we will find out

I agree though, the summer was a bust in my opinion, even POTCDMC which I really enjoyed fell way short of expectations. It was though, the complete collapse of movies that had huge awards expectations in All the Kings Men, and Flags of our Fathers that has really thrown the Award season for a loop.

But look, in the next two months there are four serious Academy contenders coming out, The Good Shepherd, The Pursuit of Happiness, Blood Diamond, and Children of Men, all four will be major players at the academy awards

The only two movies released that I can even think of that will make a big Awards push will be The Departed, and The Last King of Scottland

I saw earlier someone mentioned The Proposition, that movie will not get enough love, but it ruled

L0ngsh0t said:
We've just started Oscar season meboy, give it two months, and then we will find out

I agree though, the summer was a bust in my opinion, even POTCDMC which I really enjoyed fell way short of expectations. It was though, the complete collapse of movies that had huge awards expectations in All the Kings Men, and Flags of our Fathers that has really thrown the Award season for a loop.

But look, in the next two months there are four serious Academy contenders coming out, The Good Shepherd, The Pursuit of Happiness, Blood Diamond, and Children of Men, all four will be major players at the academy awards

The only two movies released that I can even think of that will make a big Awards push will be The Departed, and The Last King of Scottland

I saw earlier someone mentioned The Proposition, that movie will not get enough love, but it ruled

Only Forest Whitiker will be considered for Last King Of Scotland,Not Best Picture...The movie hasn't generated enough buzz to send it in for a nomination.Too much other competetion when you have The Queen,Dreamgirls,Babel,The Departed,United 93,World Trade Center,Little Miss Sunshine,Flags of Our Fathers that are much better films than Last King Of Scotland...Oh and Matchpoint came out in the last week of December of 2005...pick another #10 for 2006.

The proposition won't win, becuase it's not an american film, the oscars are notoriously racist, however the propositiojn for BAFTA's.....

Can you change your avvy? It's scaring me. :(

Apart from you looking like a vampire? Oh... errr, nothing.

kol_lover said:
Apart from you looking like a vampire? Oh... errr, nothing.

what's wrong with vampires? (I do have unusually large canines) This is racial discrimination!

Why? What race are you?

Is that a race? You know vampires don't exist?

kol_lover said:
Is that a race? You know vampires don't exist?

depends on the definition actually, if you take the broad inclusive then they do, for examples, and there are people who drink blood. It's all about parasitic nature. Anyways, I'm not actually a vampire in any sense I guess. You wanna try to demean me another way:yay:

Okay, you know too much on the subject. :(

kol_lover said:
Okay, you know too much on the subject. :(

I am the source for random knowledge, any queries on random general knowledge...

SuperFerret said:
I'm pretty sure that Babel will win Best Picture just because it seemed to have been made for winning awards.

Well, I think Babel didn't have so much positivity from critics. Yeah, they liked it, but not so much.

The Departed and The Queen are leaders of the run for Best Movie award, I am sure.

God, The Queen f***ing annoys me, and I'm not just talking about the movie.

i really want Bobby to win Best Picture, and Emilio to win Best Director, or atleast to have those nominations.

Underdawg said:
i really want Bobby to win Best Picture, and Emilio to win Best Director, or atleast to have those nominations.

Bobby didn't live up to expectations. DreamGirls or The Departed will win.

Neither Bobby or Estevez will win awards.

Shuley said:
Bobby didn't live up to expectations. DreamGirls or The Departed will win.

Funny you say Bobby didn't live up to expectations but Dreamgirls will win an academy award, as Dreamgirls hasn't even come out yet.

Or have you seen it?

I heard Eddie Murphy's brilliant in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"