Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread - Part 1

He looks pretty much the same as he did in stills, except not wearing the silver jacket.

Honestly, I think people were *****ing just to ***** and because they weren't used to the 70's styles he wears.

I'd agree with you Guard.

Mob-mentality can be a runaway train at times. I'm not saying there's no merit to not liking what they see aesthetically, but the scale and quality of the reaction to his appearance was preposterous if you ask me.

Having just watched captain America I can say

quicksilver and Scarlett witch were in the mid credits scene and it looks like they are going into a darker approach with them

While with DOFP it looks like they are going for a more lighthearted fun approach with quicksilver

I hate to sound like a broken record....Peters' facial expressions/general acting skills are always gold. I knew he would kill Quicksilver. He will probably be very memorable for better or for worse (doubtful).
LOL don't worry, you don't sound like a broken record. I'm glad to hear positive things about Peters. I'm not very familiar with him but I keep hearing good things, and I think I like his casting better than MCU Pietro. :up:

Pink Floyd is great. That is enough. Go Peters, hope you nail it.

LOL don't worry, you don't sound like a broken record. I'm glad to hear positive things about Peters. I'm not very familiar with him but I keep hearing good things, and I think I like his casting better than MCU Pietro. :up:

If you have Netflix, the first two seasons of American Horror Story are streaming.

Without spoilers, what did you think of the film Gueststar? As good as the early word?

Yeah I thought it was good, the action was up scaled from the first avenger and it gives a lot more depth to shield and its characters that we only got a glimpse of in the avengers and has a fair amount of mystery that keeps your interest

I know some say its better then the avengers but I personally don't think so myself but I would recommend seeing it :)

Last edited:
Yeah I thought it was good, the action was up scaled from the first avenger and it gives a lot more depth to shield and its characters that we only got a glimpse of in the avengers and has a fair amount of mystery that keeps your interest

I know some say its better then the avengers but I personally don't think so myself but I would recommend seeing it :)

Gothcha, good to hear. Thanks for the sum up.

Last edited:
In the tv spot he takes out a picture out of Xavier's wallet, I wonder who it is? Raven? . . . Moira?

A6VxL6d.gif

UFUCRZn.gif

He acts more like Flash or Impulse than Quicksilver. And the effect look more like flash stepping teleportation.

I wonder what makes him put on the silver jacket?

He acts more like Flash or Impulse than Quicksilver. And the effect look more like flash stepping teleportation.
So you must have never seen the X-Men Evolution version of him. That is exactly what I think when I saw him in the spot.

I wonder what makes him put on the silver jacket?
I'm personally hoping Hank puts the costume together, since they were all poking fun at his costume ideas in FC. That's the only way I'll forgive its design.

Is it just me or does his hair look a LOT better on film than in stills?

I just [BLACKOUT]watched the credits scene from cap WS, and quicksilvers effects are friggin awesome. He leaves white trails, and he just feels powerful.[/BLACKOUT] DOFPs effects are pretty boring, Though I love the DOFP design. This will be a hard call in which I think is better lol.

I'm personally hoping Hank puts the costume together, since they were all poking fun at his costume ideas in FC. That's the only way I'll forgive its design.

Not a costume, so no, lol. It's just his personality. Also it's the 70s.

At least the effects on Quicksilver's speed look cool.

I wasn't worried about the speed FX. I knew those would look great. It's just a shame his outfit is so asstastic. The hair does look a lot better in motion though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"