Celebration Day

As I have said many times before (and proved as well), I am an extra (one of the people in the crowd) in this scene. Unless I missed something while there, the only thing that happens at the event is a marching band playing as everyone follows up to the stage. Then either MJ or Bryce makes a speech consisting of 3 questions to which the crowd screams out to all "SPIDERMAN!" I don't remember the first question but it had something to do with saving the city, the second question was, "Who saves your kids?" Then she said, "Here's your friendly neighborhood...." and as everyone shouted, "Spider-Man!" Spider-Man himself swings on to the stage and kisses the person saying the questions. A little kid (this was really funny, especially with Riami directing) sais something like, "NOO SPIDERMAN DON'T!!" and he shamfully covers his face and sticks out his tongue (due to the kiss). The rest of the ceremony is just a bunch of random speeches which I did not hear and people running around. Unless, again, I missed something I don't recall any villains crashing the party. Except, of course there was another scene being filmed very near which nobody knew what was going on in but they turned on a bunch of huge fans and we saw millions of newspapers fly everywhere. I hope that helped, and I also hope the scene gets into the movie just so I can see myself, haha.

This sounds like a revamped scene from superman 3 or world unity festival version 2.

Personally, I'm not bothered. As long as sandman comes to crash the party so to speak its all good. I really hope spidey gets an publicly humiliaing ass-beating in this scene because it'll mae the revenge with the symbiot all the more brutally entertaining.

Idiotic Idiot06 said:
As I have said many times before (and proved as well), I am an extra (one of the people in the crowd) in this scene. Unless I missed something while there, the only thing that happens at the event is a marching band playing as everyone follows up to the stage. Then either MJ or Bryce makes a speech consisting of 3 questions to which the crowd screams out to all "SPIDERMAN!" I don't remember the first question but it had something to do with saving the city, the second question was, "Who saves your kids?" Then she said, "Here's your friendly neighborhood...." and as everyone shouted, "Spider-Man!" Spider-Man himself swings on to the stage and kisses the person saying the questions. A little kid (this was really funny, especially with Riami directing) sais something like, "NOO SPIDERMAN DON'T!!" and he shamfully covers his face and sticks out his tongue (due to the kiss). The rest of the ceremony is just a bunch of random speeches which I did not hear and people running around. Unless, again, I missed something I don't recall any villains crashing the party. Except, of course there was another scene being filmed very near which nobody knew what was going on in but they turned on a bunch of huge fans and we saw millions of newspapers fly everywhere. I hope that helped, and I also hope the scene gets into the movie just so I can see myself, haha.

I'm hanging on to a glimmer of hope that those people running around are fleeing the scene from a yet to be added cg sequence of sandman trashing the joint and righfully ending what sounds like a cheese-fest.

James"007"Bond said:
I'm hanging on to a glimmer of hope that those people running around are fleeing the scene from a yet to be added cg sequence of sandman trashing the joint and righfully ending what sounds like a cheese-fest.

Actually, I was one of those people running around. We were actually running TO the scene. But then again, maybe they tricked us and we're really running away, I don't know. Maybe they filmed a villain scene while I wasn't on set, I'm just explaining what i was there to see.

Something BIG is going to happen at this Spidey day thing! I don't know what but Spidey's going to throw-down with someone. Isn't this a celebration to give Spidey the key to the city?

Not sure if that's gonna happen...it seems like a peaceful event

Spidey-woman said:
Not sure if that's gonna happen...it seems like a peaceful event

Maybe you're right? This could be the very end of the film, maybe?

Actually, I think it could be the very beginning. I mean, by the end of the film most people would hate him because of what he did with the symbiote. It could start out with everyone liking him, then he gets the symbiote and everyone hates him, then he gets rid of the symbiote and some ppl are glad to have him back while others still think he's bad.

Rami is a smart man. I think he wants to create a deep contrast in the film, from the beginning when spiderman is on top of his world, where everybody likes him hence the celebration day, to his fall in darkness. Brining in a scene like the celebration day would certainly make his descend much more dramatic.

Trust this isn't going to be like superman. Spiderman's appeal is nearly the complete opposite to superman, people like him for his vunerability aspects and the fact they can relate to peter parker. Rami knows this, he knows what his doing!!

I'm fine with the idea as long as Spidey doesn't go up to a microphone and says a speech.

actually i think its believable. New York has a day for evrything, why not for Spiderman, who is considered a hero by many? For those who say "he's hated by most", well, there's the Brazilian day in New York, im sure not many people are Brazilian and some even dont like Brazilians in that city, but there's a day for them, just like there must be a day for every country with a certain number of imigrants...
The fact that Spiderman accepts the day and appears there, now this is a little cheesy, but the idea of the day itself isnt that unbelievable to me...

Spider man saves Gwen Stacy, the police chief's daughter, so they through a celebration in his honor.

Now, the upside down kiss has got cheese factor written all over it but i can see where Raimi's taking us by having the celebration day, he wants to show Pete getting drunk on power.

DOG LIPS said:
Eh, I don't really like the idea much either, but I'm sure a certain villain will just crash the party pretty fast. :O

I think I read somewhere that sandman attacks the Spider-Man day/

Oh an nice avy DOG LIPS! The Grimace!!!!:spidey:

So wait is it dark Spidey or red/blue Spidey? And I'm sorry the idea of him kissing Gwen Stacy on stage and then sticking his tongue out to a little kid....wow. I'm now thinking how horribly cheesy and corny Superman's "descent" was handled in Superman III. C'mon Raimi Spidey ain't Supes, everyone hates this guy.

We'll see though.

DACrowe said:
So wait is it dark Spidey or red/blue Spidey? And I'm sorry the idea of him kissing Gwen Stacy on stage and then sticking his tongue out to a little kid....wow. I'm now thinking how horribly cheesy and corny Superman's "descent" was handled in Superman III. C'mon Raimi Spidey ain't Supes, everyone hates this guy.

We'll see though.

Its red/blue spidey

DACrowe said:

We'll see though.

No, no, you got it all wrong. It is the red and blue spidey and he doesn't stick his tongue out to the little kid. The little kid sticks his tongue out in disgust of Spider-man kissing a girl.

Stacy is just there to cause some trouble in the Peter-MJ relationship.

Whatever.

What about the fact that she's Captain Stacy's daughter who's also involved in the plot?

What about how she's most likely or was involved with Eddie Brock?

How is that a waste? Weren't you guys always whining about Gwen Stacy not being in the last 2 movies.

i like the idea.

it lets us know the city doesnt believe the bugle anymore abd they dont recognize him as a ''menace'' anymore

i believe the celebration day is in honor of the fact that he saved gwen stacy from falling down the building or whatever we saw in the filming. captain stacy is head of the police and its probably in his power to make this celebration in honor of spiderman because he saved his daughter

DACrowe said:
What is Spider-Man celebration day exactly? Because I keep hearing it and it sounds....REALLY CHEESY. We're talking Batman whipping out a Batvisa cheesy. So the city throws a party to recognize Spidey and he swings onto or across a stage....

I just think it sounds really out of character. The charm of Spider-Man is half the city hates him and the other half like but aren't sure to trust him. Sure in the first two movies there is a lot of enthusiasm but there was still negativity. The city throwing a celebration in his honor, much less him showing up on a stage to get a "key to the city" or some such ****....

Just sounds like a really bad, cheesy thing to do.

Just my 2 cents from what little is known though.

How is it cheesy?

Spider-Man starts out at the top of the world. He's in love with the girl of his dreams, he's now being appreciated for his handywork and self-sacrifice for the city, than he gets his new suit, things start going wrong, his life starts plummeting towards castrophe, and in the end the city could hate him.

Makes sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"