Celebration Day

TheVileOne said:
Whatever.

What about the fact that she's Captain Stacy's daughter who's also involved in the plot?

What about how she's most likely or was involved with Eddie Brock?

How is that a waste? Weren't you guys always whining about Gwen Stacy not being in the last 2 movies.

I know, right? Whatevah! These barbaric haters and their love of spidey comics, desire for faithful adaptation and all that crap fart poo poo smelly nonesense. Screw them.

They were whining about wisecracks too, remember? Who cares about all that witty ****... if you like the comic so much, make your own spider-man movie that's fundamentally faithful to its source and let us Raimites live in peace.:o I'm seriously thinking of just not clicking on threads made to question my favorite movie.

as Stan Lee said, changes are necessary
just like the webs were made organic for the movies

I wonder if evil spidey is going to do something crazy on celebration day.....

fangrl06 said:
Evil Spidey isn't there...
check the pics again..he's in the Red & Blue

fangrl06 said:

We already discussed this, read the previous posts. Symbiote Spidey won't attend the celebration, Red/Blue Spidey will.

Ahhhhh that damn eddie brock jr. beat me to it. And what clips?

Idiotic Idiot06 said:
We already discussed this, read the previous posts. Symbiote Spidey won't attend the celebration, Red/Blue Spidey will.

Get off my case. Some of us don't have time to read every post...damn....j/k

Eddie Brock Jr. said:
as Stan Lee said, changes are necessary
just like the webs were made organic for the movies

Looking back, organics weren't necessary at all. Nor the need to make MJ take gwen's place. But hey at least Macy Gray was great.

I totally understand change is necessary. I don't know why people get so angry at Catwoman. It doesn't necessarily have to be anything like the comic to be based on the comic.

whateve.

no big deal to me, won't ruin the movie at all for me.

it shouldn't ruin the movie for anyone.

I actually like the organics more than the webshooters.

Mr. Vice said:
It doesn't keep us wondering where his webs are at.....

Idiotic Idiot06 said:

i meant pics, my mistake

and yes, the webs were necessary
Sam Raimi did it, and James Cameron (almost) did it too
so that goes to show something

Galactical said:
I know, right? Whatevah! These barbaric haters and their love of spidey comics, desire for faithful adaptation and all that crap fart poo poo smelly nonesense. Screw them.

They were whining about wisecracks too, remember? Who cares about all that witty ****... if you like the comic so much, make your own spider-man movie that's fundamentally faithful to its source and let us Raimites live in peace.:o I'm seriously thinking of just not clicking on threads made to question my favorite movie.
I'm not sure what you are talking about. But it seems like you are complaining about something.

It's like I told the haters when I spoke to Raimi and Co. at Comic Con. Go watch Batman and Robin and LXG.

No I'm on your side. The comics always sucked anyway and should be burned.

Galactical said:
No I'm on your side. The comics always sucked anyway and should be burned.
*gasp*
*cough*
what comics have you been reading?

Pfft. Read.... I don't read them, I burn them. The movie's version's the real spider-man. All others need not exist.

Nice sacrcasm. While I agree certain stories should and could be burned (The Clone Saga, Sins Past, Final Chapter, The entire "MJ's dead" Mackie debacle, Sins Past, The Other, Civil War)....but whatever.

I would not say that the movies are perfect, no one would but I think they have been pretty good at capturing the spirit of the comics. My only major complaint is how they watered down MJ's character, she is interesting in the movies but I think she should have been more wild and exuberant, making her pairing with Peter all the more odd (as he always depressed and complaining all the time) and more fun.

Other than that though, most ofo the changes I think worked or don't really bother me (I don't like the GG suit, but I'll live with it). And while organics weren't neccesarily necceseary, they worked. Not just as a sight gag but they kept the story's flow and Peter's sense of discovery. And with modern audiences everything has to be explained. It may be a little harder how to explain a broke ass teenager who hasn't finished high school makes these web-shooters and how he can afford to keep making this furistic stuff. In the comics there is a further detached sense of reality. It is the same reason the X-Men can wear bright shiny costummes and fight with the Shi'Ar Empire on the moon (however Ratner's changes did **** on the X-Men especially Cyclops, Rogue, DArk PHeonex, Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine and Juggernaut....Beast was okay in it though, this is what we DON'T want the Spidey movies to become).

As for me what has me most worried for SM3 not being a good movie if it gets too sappy and I think celeberation day plays into that fear. I think the symbiote will be handeled well, Venom and Sandman will be fine, Harry will be handelled well , hopefullly he will have more screentime thoguh and won't die like a *****. I personally think from the previews Dunst seems more like MJ than she has in the last two movies, mostly because she is getting to play later MJ (the one who knows who Pete is) which is a more serious and sadder character.

But SM is not Catwoman don't make the comparison. Some changes work, some don't but overall these movies do NOT deserve to be tarnished in the ranks of Schumaucher or Pitof just because we're still a little bitter that the Death of Gwen Stacy was never filmed though.

DACrowe said:
Nice sacrcasm. While I agree certain stories should and could be burned (The Clone Saga, Sins Past, Final Chapter, The entire "MJ's dead" Mackie debacle, Sins Past, The Other, Civil War)....but whatever.

I would not say that the movies are perfect, no one would but I think they have been pretty good at capturing the spirit of the comics. My only major complaint is how they watered down MJ's character, she is interesting in the movies but I think she should have been more wild and exuberant, making her pairing with Peter all the more odd (as he always depressed and complaining all the time) and more fun.

Other than that though, most ofo the changes I think worked or don't really bother me (I don't like the GG suit, but I'll live with it). And while organics weren't neccesarily necceseary, they worked. Not just as a sight gag but they kept the story's flow and Peter's sense of discovery. And with modern audiences everything has to be explained. It may be a little harder how to explain a broke ass teenager who hasn't finished high school makes these web-shooters and how he can afford to keep making this furistic stuff. In the comics there is a further detached sense of reality. It is the same reason the X-Men can wear bright shiny costummes and fight with the Shi'Ar Empire on the moon (however Ratner's changes did **** on the X-Men especially Cyclops, Rogue, DArk PHeonex, Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine and Juggernaut....Beast was okay in it though, this is what we DON'T want the Spidey movies to become).

As for me what has me most worried for SM3 not being a good movie if it gets too sappy and I think celeberation day plays into that fear. I think the symbiote will be handeled well, Venom and Sandman will be fine, Harry will be handelled well , hopefullly he will have more screentime thoguh and won't die like a *****. I personally think from the previews Dunst seems more like MJ than she has in the last two movies, mostly because she is getting to play later MJ (the one who knows who Pete is) which is a more serious and sadder character.

But SM is not Catwoman don't make the comparison. Some changes work, some don't but overall these movies do NOT deserve to be tarnished in the ranks of Schumaucher or Pitof just because we're still a little bitter that the Death of Gwen Stacy was never filmed though.
:up:
I think we'll see the death of Gwen Stacy in this one or the next.

Mr. Vice said:

same here...its more realistic. i mean he mutates into a spider with the dna and all the abilities EXCEPT for the web...the way the movies did it was perfect :up:

This does happen in the comics, not the whole city, at least not that I remember, but in the comics Flash does have a Spider-Man celebration to honor Spidey. Goblin crashes the party, everyone thinks it is staged except Spidey of course. The Human Torch happens to be in the crowd and because of everything that goes on the people end up blaming Spidey for leaving the area to draw the Goblin out so that no one gets hurt. If they do the basic theme in the movie I would love that because I think it would give a nice nod to the comics. Sorry I don't remember which issue exactly, I know it is the early Amazing Spider-Man, in the 70's I think.

:spidey:

spiderman25jbm said:
This does happen in the comics, not the whole city, at least not that I remember, but in the comics Flash does have a Spider-Man celebration to honor Spidey. Goblin crashes the party, everyone thinks it is staged except Spidey of course. The Human Torch happens to be in the crowd and because of everything that goes on the people end up blaming Spidey for leaving the area to draw the Goblin out so that no one gets hurt. If they do the basic theme in the movie I would love that because I think it would give a nice nod to the comics. Sorry I don't remember which issue exactly, I know it is the early Amazing Spider-Man, in the 70's I think.

:spidey:

well we for sure know that something is going to go wrong, it just wouldn't be Spider-Man without it :D

i like this idea, minus the human torch :down

I think Sandman's gonna be an uninvited guess:cool:

DACrowe said:

Well not if it's a sci-fi fantasy story. Just look at that outfit he wears... but anyway, no... The movies are perfect (ok, wait... not compltely, but ok uh... somewhat and whatever!!! they don't have to be... er..), anyway this'll be good. Don't worry....and
What sarcasm? :) That's just the truth. Unless you're a hater who just wants it to be faithful to the comics. I agree that it shouldn't be compared to catwoman or batman and robin. Those were nothing like the comics at all, but that's ok, I mean.. it's ok but not ok to be faithful to the character but the story's fine to change... I think. And oh no, I'm not bitter at all about Gwen stacy being in this. I'm glad she's in this,
news_3136_1.jpg
she's late!!, but she's in it now and can do something i guess that'll be more than just for the hel of having gwen join the party now... must trust raimi. must trust raimi. The real issue is why she was chosen to be in this and not the first. Nobody knows... it is an odd decision. Nevertheless, my trust in raimi stays firm.

i know Gwen's death isn't the same without GG and a bridge, but if Sam kills her creatively, then maybe this death will have a legacy of its own

Blackmouf2002 said:
Even though it may sound cheesy I still like the concept. For some reason I think there could be potential.
I agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"