Is Spidey really a good hero? O_o

webhead731

I'm a photographer
Reaction score
lol, I was just thinking.

Green Goblin comes into town, and at the end Spidey goes to a mysterious place and fights him, and that's the last the city sees.

Doc Ock comes into play, at the end Spidey fights him on top of a train and gets his ass handed to him, later Doc Ock drowns and no one sees or hears from him again.

Venom comes in, makes a scene, ends up getting blown to bits, no one sees him again.

Sandman makes a big scene a few times, has a talk with Spidey at the end about his involvement with Ben, and flies away. So to the city, Sandman probably gave Spidey $20 and was set free.

Just kind of funny looking at it from their point of view. As far as we know, Spidey has not fought a supervillain and brought him into custody. They usually end up dying. So the city can assume that Spidey kills them and hangs them in cacoons, eating them later. :D

And how many times has Harry been smacked in the head?

A brick hit him at the festival in Spider-Man 1, Doc Ock tenti-punts his face in Spider-Man 2 on the balcony, in Spidey 3 he hits a webline and smacks his head against a metal object and slams into the street, Peter throws about three punches to his face in the mansion and later throws him into a banister, then Harry's glider hits him square in the head at the end of the battle, Venom shoots a webline at Harry's glider and Harry flies off and hits a girder really hard with his head, and I probably even forgot to mention some.

Don't take this thread seriously.

did you miss in spiderman 1 and 2 where he stops common thugs and and webs them up
they go to jail
big time villains,most people would agree they need to be dead, so i doubt anyone cares they died

lol, i know this is a joke, but...i never thought of it like that!

Never really thought of it like that. I would have to agree with HCpride on this one.

Well, Spider brings regular criminals to custody and saves people´s lives all the time. He fought criminals the police couldn´t handle, and had life or death battles with them, in one GG wrecked the bridge and almost killed a buncha kids, Doc Ock almost blew up the city and a giant Sandman was causing a ton of wreckage. It´s not hard to assume they died fighting Spidey, and I don´t think a lot of people would complain. As for him coldly killing or executing them, it´s not his MO with most criminals, so there´s no reason to assume these cases were different.

Interesting thought, for sure.

If it weren't for those cases where thugs were handed over to authorities, then the public probably would see Spider-Man as a horrific vigilante like Michael Keaton's Batman.

Hmmm, perphaps Jameson is right? Lol, kidding.

I'm with Doctor jones on this one.

I'll also never understand how Harry comes into the battle and hits Venom but is calm about it. Instead of the whole helping Peter up thing, I'd be "WHAT THE **** DID I JUST HIT?! WTF IS THAT? JESUS."

=)

I'll also never understand how Harry comes into the battle and hits Venom but is calm about it. Instead of the whole helping Peter up thing, I'd be "WHAT THE **** DID I JUST HIT?! WTF IS THAT? JESUS."

When you learn your father is a murderous Psychopath, that your head scientist has 4 mechanical arms and intends on killing everyone, that your best friend may or may not have killed your father, and you see a giant sand monster, you sort of go with it after a while.

did you miss in spiderman 1 and 2 where he stops common thugs and and webs them up
they go to jail
big time villains,most people would agree they need to be dead, so i doubt anyone cares they died

heinousjoe?

"The movies, idealism is the idea of the view."

"If you want to believe that ... lol, ok"

I don't see how he's a good hero. He let Sandman fly away. Sure, he apologized over killing an innocent man, but still, there are many criminals in prison that have apologized over and over and are still in prison to this day. Plus, Sandman robbed a couple of banks. So that should be additional years to his term. Oh, and he also escaped prison. So...Spidey should've brought him to the police.

Or am I too cynical?

No he stopped that train remember? He's a good guy. Thing about vigilantes is that they do leave a lot to the imagination, and yeah JJJ does paint him in one way but it's still something Peter can't ever deny -- far as the world's concerned Spidey swings in to save the day, fights others like him, leaves all his web-line around, makes the city dependent on him whenever there's a big-bad on the horizon, kills a respected businessman, and so many other things. He's a figure of controversy but the people of NY know better. They know they're trusting the right guy. An urban god in the same vein as the precarious but always justifiable deities from mythology.

They even worship him in a parade. XD

But I think you're bringing out some important points there. There's a lot that's left to the imagination.

As for Harry bumping his head -- yeah it was about time all that trauma kicked in and gave him amnsea (can't say the same for the people in Smallville!)

they go to jail

Exactly. Most of the time, he isn't fighting big super villains, but small time thugs who Spider-Man leaves for the police. Though I'm glad that in TASM Lizard did not get killed, and was taken behind bars.

Perhaps that's the reason why Jameson hates him so much.

I think that in TASM2, Jameson will blame the death of Captain Stacy on the Lizard AND Spider-Man, creating his hatred for the hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"