• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Apocalypse Certified Fresh or Fresh or Rotten? The ROTTEN TOMATOES Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you should stop judging people and let them express whatever they think.
If you are going to come in here and spew clear falsehoods, nah I'll keep commenting. You literally came in here to cry about how unfair the critics were to BvS. It is as ridiculous as it looks.

Civil War isn't a comedy and yet it managed to do just fine with critics.

Also Singer's X-films always have humor in them. I doubt that most critics are docking Apocalypse points because it's not another Guardians of the Galaxy tonally.

Civil War isn't a comedy and yet it managed to do just fine with critics.
But it has evil Jokes SPIDEY. And critics love those. Forget the tragedy surrounding the main characters. It has jokes and thus the critic loved it.

Did you know the Russos had to fight for [BLACKOUT]Giant-Man[/BLACKOUT]? They aren't going to use him in [BLACKOUT]Ant-Man and Wasp[/BLACKOUT] and they thought it was too silly. But the Russos fought for him and well, one of the best moment in a comic book flick occured.

But it has evil Jokes SPIDEY. And critics love those. Forget the tragedy surrounding the main characters. It has jokes and thus the critic loved it.

Did you know the Russos had to fight for [BLACKOUT]Giant-Man[/BLACKOUT]? They aren't going to use him in [BLACKOUT]Ant-Man and Wasp[/BLACKOUT] and they thought it was too silly. But the Russos fought for him and well, one of the best moment in a comic book flick occured.
Really? I did not know that.

Rogue One probably isn't going to make 936 million domestically but I can definitely see 500+ million at least.

No chance, I'll be shocked if it Rogue One does 400 plus. The fanbase is big, but it's not general public film. Frankly, the general public has little interest in a Star Wars expanded universe from everything I've seen thus far.

No chance, I'll be shocked if it Rogue One does 400 plus. The fanbase is big, but it's not general public film. Frankly, the general public has little interest in a Star Wars expanded universe from everything I've seen thus far.
Did you just say a Star Wars movie isn't a general public film? Like in real life? :funny:

Is it a Disney movie ?

BTW, Gambit movie could be the next Deadpool for Fox, one can never know, which movie will get huge success nowadays.

Who knows there could be a Deadpool V. Gambit movie!

LOL like seriously, there's a limited series in the comics for Deadpool v. Gambit!

Angry Birds has a higher RT rating right now than Apocalypse and I'm seeing it this weekend! This could potentially be one of 2016's biggest disappointments ever, this summer! I just hope Fox is quick enough to fix the damage after all is said and done.

Did you just say a Star Wars movie isn't a general public film? Like in real life? :funny:

You UN and avvy certainly reveal no biases.

It has the biggest franchise fan base by in large, only rivaled by HP. But that base has limits, as did HP which always hovered around the same numbers domestically. It's not going to do half of TFA domestic. To be honest, I thought TFA slightly under performed overseas. Ip Man isn't going to change that.

Last edited:
Angry Birds has a higher RT rating right now than Apocalypse and I'm seeing it this weekend! This could potentially be one of 2016's biggest disappointments ever, this summer! I just hope Fox is quick enough to fix the damage after all is said and done.

OMFG! The Angry Birds looked so bad to me but now it's getting better reviews than a film I was actually planning on seeing in theaters...how sad :csad:

All signs point to this being a trainwreck on the horizon!

Even Neighbours 2 has a higher RT rating than X-Men!

Fox really dropped the ball here!

My boys (2, 4 and 5 year old nephews) are so excited for Angry Birds that I can't bring myself to say anything bad about it even when I'm not around them.

I rarely play apps but I love Angry Birds and I'm watching it this weekend!

You UN and avvy certainly reveal no biases.

It has the biggest franchise fan base by in large, only rivaled by HP. But that base has limits, as did HP which always hovered around the same numbers domestically. It's not going to do half of TFA domestic. To be honest, I thought TFA slightly under performed overseas. Donnie Yen isn't going to change that.
You have clearly never seen my opinion of the prequels. :cwink:

You do realized adjusted for inflation, no live action Star Wars flick has ever made less then $450m domestically. That was the very much disliked AotC, which didn't have 3D or other premium formats.

They will slap Vader on the poster, put him in a trailer, and if it gets good reviews, it is getting to 500m domestically, and will blast past a billion WW.

My boys (2, 4 and 5 year old nephews) are so excited for Angry Birds that I can't bring myself to say anything bad about it even when I'm not around them.
Every damn time I go to the movies, they play that damn trailer. I want to kill that movie. That it has two positive top critic reviews has me shocked.

In the IGN it pretty much said what many people here have pointed out about singers action scenes and that it is the final battle is very isolated.

You have clearly never seen my opinion of the prequels. :cwink:

You do realized adjusted for inflation, no live action Star Wars flick has ever made less then $450m domestically. That was the very much disliked AotC, which didn't have 3D or other premium formats.

They will slap Vader on the poster, put him in a trailer, and if it gets good reviews, it is getting to 500m domestically, and will blast past a billion WW.

Star Wars has not proven it can prevent a massive drop in its business after the initial event movie of the trilogy. That would seem unrealistic to achieve but nonetheless remains fact. While the spinoffs are completely new and nothing has preceded this, the dropoffs with AoTC and even Empire were staggering. A spinoff with no familiar characters except maybe a 5-10 minute Vader role doesn't guarantee a billion or anything close to the numbers you are projecting. It will come down to the feedback in a similar thread over there.

To tie this back in, I think we saw the limits of the X-Men franchise, or at least this Singer crop of flicks, with DoFP. It has a rabid fan base, but for some reason Singer has failed to capture the imagination of the general public. Even Usual Suspects seems to only resonate with the hardcore movie buffs, the only people that even remember it. He can only take you so far.

I think we are already seeing the limits of the MCU as well. I expected Cap to open bigger, but it doesn't appear to be expanding business since Avengers (overseas has picked up slightly as it has with everything else). Avengers was lightning in a bottle, but it is evident that the Marvel formula can only guarantee a certain maximum return. The movies keep playing out too similarly for me. Can they keep carrying this over to each subsequent character? These solo films are essentially your spinoffs. If they keep getting Ant-Man type returns, that should be enough. The key is they keep getting top talent in the casting. Disney can afford it, and that gives the films credibility. Boseman then Cumberbatch, it's bam bam wham in terms of on screen talent (and a pretty decent behind the scenes team my guess).

Last edited:
Star Wars has not proven it can prevent a massive drop in its business after the initial event movie of the trilogy. That would seem unrealistic to achieve but nonetheless remains fact. While the spinoffs are completely new and nothing has preceded this, the dropoffs with AoTC and even Empire were staggering. A spinoff with no familiar characters except maybe a 5-10 minute Vader role doesn't guarantee a billion or anything close to the numbers you are projecting. It will come down to the feedback in a similar thread over there.

To tie this back in, I think we saw the limits of the X-Men franchise, or at least this Singer crop of flicks, with DoFP. It has a rabid fan base, but for some reason Singer has failed to capture the imagination of the general public. Even Usual Suspects seems to only resonate with the hardcore movie buffs, the only people that even remember it. He can only take you so far.

I think we are already seeing the limits of the MCU as well. I expected Cap to open bigger, but it doesn't appear to be expanding business since Avengers (overseas has picked up slightly as it has with everything else). Avengers was lightning in a bottle, but it is evident that the Marvel formula can only guarantee a certain maximum return. The movies keep playing out too similarly for me. Can they keep carrying this over to each subsequent character? These solo films are essentially your spinoffs. If they keep getting Ant-Man type returns, that should be enough. The key is they keep getting top talent in the casting. Disney can afford it, and that gives the films credibility. Boseman then Cumberbatch, it's bam bam wham in terms of on screen talent (and a pretty decent behind the scenes team my guess).
You do realize that without premium formats and a smaller OS market, The Empire Strikes Back, adjusted for inflation, would be the 4th biggest movie of all time if released today? It amazes me that you do not realize that a "bad" result for Star Wars is something this X-Men film would bite its hand off for. But it is okay, I will be around in December. Don't worry, we can get back to it then.

I think James, Michael and Jen all share that and it seems that Nick, Evan, Tye, Sophie, Oscar, Kodi and Alexandra get the rest more smaller moments while Angel, Psylocke, Jubilee and Havok have less to do by the sounds of the reviews. I think Bryan's the kind of director who takes one step forward but also two steps back at the same time.

Psylocke and Angel arent developped. Seems that they follow Apocalypse without reasons like dogs. they dont explain. We dont know their feelings and motivations to make a new world ruled by Apoc

Fed up with movies setting in past ! Bring back OT and movies in present like Deadpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"