CGI Costume or No CGI?

mbiqex.jpg

Trenchcoat makes everything look sexy.

Not a huge fan of the Gambit look. Or maybe I just don't like Billy Tan's art. Fabok is on an entirely different level.

8206317M.jpg

I doubt putting a trenchcoat on Jordan would make everything better lol. We need good writers and people in general who actually know how to handle both his look and character. Greg Berlanti is actually a huge Hal Jordan fan, hence all the easter eggs about him in Arrow and Flash, but the studio changed his movie script completely, that's why we got that horrible result. If the studio decides to throw their weight around for the reboot as well, the results are sadly going to be similar.

Hals suit with the right materials will be fine for live action.

Who knows tho? They basically went with the 90s Aquaman look, they may use Hal but with Kyles suit

Something a lot different from the 2011 disaster.

I quite like the design on its own, but still, I would prefer a more uniform-like look for the films.

Who knows tho? They basically went with the 90s Aquaman look, they may use Hal but with Kyles suit

One can always hope. I really like that suit. Especially how the green light pops with all the black and white.

I doubt putting a trenchcoat on Jordan would make everything better lol. We need good writers and people in general who actually know how to handle both his look and character. Greg Berlanti is actually a huge Hal Jordan fan, hence all the easter eggs about him in Arrow and Flash, but the studio changed his movie script completely, that's why we got that horrible result. If the studio decides to throw their weight around for the reboot as well, the results are sadly going to be similar.

I quite like the design on its own, but still, I would prefer a more uniform-like look for the films.

One can always hope. I really like that suit. Especially how the green light pops with all the black and white.

Agreed.

Well, I've no problem with 90's designs to be honest. Aquaman from 90's is my favorite version when it comes to look for instance.

As for white gloves, there are probably ways they could make them work, but I'd rather if they avoid them completely. Just green and black looks much better to me.

I actually think that mask, similar to one that Kyle wears could be made to work. It should be made to be a visor, which I find would make sense given that Lanterns would probably often find themselves rather close to the sun, so they'd have to protect their eyes. Basically, something similar to "Mass Effect" visors:

sentry_interface.jpg

480px-ME3_Kai_Leng_character_shot.png

As for the "glow", I'd prefer if only parts of the suit glow and not for entire time, but when ring is heavily used, like it was suggested above.

This I approve of.. makes a lot of sense and fits dc's realistic tone

No doubt, that's one hell of a costume. In fact, I was a bit disappointed when they brought Jordan back and gave him the same old costume. They should've updated him a bit. The domino mask and the white gloves is the classic look, but it's so over it. I think the new GL movie look should be like a mix of Rayner's mask, combined with Stewart's bracelet things(whatever they are called), more black than green, and Jordan's New 52 shoulder stripes.

I have suggested this before.. but I hope they go with the same sort of design for Superman Suit.. but make it completely black and instead of having the symbol in the centre, have it on the the right side of the chest.. and make it so whenever the lantern starts to begin fighting or powering up the suit will have the green glow..

greenlantern_tl_by_tloessy-d64lomg.gif

I have suggested this before.. but I hope they go with the same sort of design for Superman Suit.. but make it completely black and instead of having the symbol in the centre, have it on the the right side of the chest.. and make it so whenever the lantern starts to begin fighting or powering up the suit will have the green glow..

Perfection :hmr:

It should be a physical suit, with minor CGI enhancement.

The key is making a suit that's easy for the actor to get in and out of.

BMCAABY's idea is pretty boss, though. If they could pull that off it'd be an instant sell for me.

Green Lanterns costume is a construct of his ring. I feel like it has to have CG elements regardless. Do it like Iron Man or Black Panthers costume. Real but with CG touchups at times.

I am not following New 52... is it this one?

B-TEbr2IQAAxRqQ.jpg

That's the look they should go with –*actual costume (no CGI) with or without mask... just as long as it's not as bad as the last movie.. and green power-light added with CGi

the suit should be completely practical, the green glow should be a mild cgi enhancement . he should glow like DR MANHATTAN

THIS! This is definitely the way to go.

If they make the suit entirely practical, I want them to completely ditch the idea of it coming from the ring.
I know that the concept of the character from the start is pretty out there all together but I just can't buy the idea of the suit coming from the ring and looking like some sort or material while the constructs look like energy/light.
It makes no sense to me.

I don't really like the idea of Hal or any of the GL's for that matter, having to actually stop and get dressed in any sort of suit though either.

What if it was explained as some sort of biotech like people believe superman's suit to be made of?
Something that's always on their body but separate from the actual ring and it's energy and only forms completely around them when they need it?
Like a symbiote I guess.
I mean, it's alien after all.:oldrazz:
Or like Spawn
tumblr_nc7ywtP1Pg1smfoijo2_400.gif

I don't know, It's much easier for me to believe something like this could appear as some sort of cloth like material. :shrug:

I really like the idea that BMCAABY posted above too.
Similar to this concept art that I've been fond of for a while.
3072985-green_lantern_concepts__john_stewart__by_natehallinanart-d5jhqg3.jpg

A mixture of these ideas would be ideal IMO
The black parts of the suit can be some sort of fabric mimicking biotech and the green parts can be ring construct.

*cough*

If they make the suit entirely practical, I want them to completely ditch the idea of it coming from the ring.
I know that the concept of the character from the start is pretty out there all together but I just can't buy the idea of the suit coming from the ring and looking like some sort or material while the constructs look like energy/light.
It makes no sense to me.

I don't really like the idea of Hal or any of the GL's for that matter, having to actually stop and get dressed in any sort of suit though either.

What if it was explained as some sort of biotech like people believe superman's suit to be made of?
Something that's always on their body but separate from the actual ring and it's energy and only forms completely around them when they need it?
Like a symbiote I guess.
I mean, it's alien after all.:oldrazz:
Or like Spawn
tumblr_nc7ywtP1Pg1smfoijo2_400.gif

I don't know, It's much easier for me to believe something like this could appear as some sort of cloth like material. :shrug:

I really like the idea that BMCAABY posted above too.
Similar to this concept art that I've been fond of for a while.
3072985-green_lantern_concepts__john_stewart__by_natehallinanart-d5jhqg3.jpg

A mixture of these ideas would be ideal IMO
The black parts of the suit can be some sort of fabric mimicking biotech and the green parts can be ring construct.

*cough*
This.

GL-rooftop.jpg

I would love a combination of CGI and actual fabric for this suit, plus it has a cloak.

This one looks like it fits with Cavill's costume:

VbLNMj.jpg

Now I love black. So much that as the world's laziest car washer, I even had a black car (never again), but an all black GL outfit (with just the logo to break it up) seems a terrible idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"