The Amazing Spider-Man The Lizard: CGI or Practical

Well, obviously he shouldn't be, but I think he should be leaning more towards the beast side rather than the human side. I mean, it's a cool artist interpretation, but like I said, I'd rather him be more primal.

im just saying, the original lizard was more human-like than a beast. he was kinda both

im just saying, the original lizard was more human-like than a beast. he was kinda both

I want a gradual progression and at the end I think it should be all cgi. If it looks like I imagine it than the movements, size, and physique would require it to be all cgi.

I want a gradual progression and at the end I think it should be all cgi. If it looks like I imagine it than the movements, size, and physique would require it to be all cgi.

i like this Lizard

Spidey4-76189.jpg
I'd like that during his earer part of his progression. in that instance it could be mostly practical with a cgi face.

I think progression would be cool, when he first experiments on himself, it looks as if it works by Connors regrowing his arm, then we see his arm take on a scaley appearance and it spreads causing him to look like a human/lizard hybrid. Instead of reversing the process, he makes it stronger to help him retain his arm permanently, instead the higher does causes him to evolve at a faster rate, by the end of the film, he's a completely human sized feral reptile

Steve Ditko did a great design for the Lizard - they should just use that. it would work both as a practical costume and a digital character.

Well, Legacy is doing the Lizard, so it will be practical - when practical - and digital when that is called for.
I'd still like to know how you know Legacy is handling the practical VFX for The Lizard. Anyone have info on this?

living in the LA area, word gets around, have heard it from several sources, etc. - Legacy is the go to guys for most Marvel stuff these days, makes sense, not too surprising is it?

aside from speculation over the officially released photo of Adrew Garfield as Spidey..
how do we know The Lizard is in this film?

aside from speculation over the officially released photo of Adrew Garfield as Spidey..
how do we know The Lizard is in this film?
The countless rumors across the internet stating the Lizard is the villain (which Sony gave a no comment to), and Miles Elliot being cast as Billy Connors. If that rumor about Stan Lee's cameo is true, we can count that as well (which states Spidey and the Lizard have a big fight in the school library and Stan is the librarian).

I think progression would be cool, when he first experiments on himself, it looks as if it works by Connors regrowing his arm, then we see his arm take on a scaley appearance and it spreads causing him to look like a human/lizard hybrid. Instead of reversing the process, he makes it stronger to help him retain his arm permanently, instead the higher does causes him to evolve at a faster rate, by the end of the film, he's a completely human sized feral reptile

that's the best way to go

The countless rumors across the internet stating the Lizard is the villain (which Sony gave a no comment to), and Miles Elliot being cast as Billy Connors. If that rumor about Stan Lee's cameo is true, we can count that as well (which states Spidey and the Lizard have a big fight in the school library and Stan is the librarian).
As well as the claw marks on Spider-Man's suit.

Practical suit with a CGI-enhanced head/face would be ideal.

Wow...that certainingly does not sound like Lizard...unless there are alot of cravest and shadows in that library. Certainly not involving Stan Lee, who said he gave the Lizard true characteristics of real lizards...whom tend to stray away from open areas.

BTW, those claw marks on that picture could just as easy come from Proto. I'm still not sold that the Lizard is the villain. Nothing about what we have heard outside of fan-boy wishful speculation says Lizard to me. I think if this was truely SM4; then I might say......

Wow...that certainingly does not sound like Lizard...unless there are alot of cravest and shadows in that library. Certainly not involving Stan Lee, who said he gave the Lizard true characteristics of real lizards...whom tend to stray away from open areas.

BTW, those claw marks on that picture could just as easy come from Proto. I'm still not sold that the Lizard is the villain. Nothing about what we have heard outside of fan-boy wishful speculation says Lizard to me. I think if this was truely SM4; then I might say......

If it is the Lizard, we don't know if Connors' transformation took place at night inside of the school lab. Spider-Man could have went in to investigate noises or what not only to run into the Lizard there in the lab and the fight begins, probably sending them flying through the wall into the library. Stan Lee's character could be a librarian that is either there arranging books before locking up or he could actually be a janitor. Either way, its unclear at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"