The Mandalorian Chapter Twelve Spoiler Discussion

Just caught the episode
Absolutely fantastic!
Probably the first piece of new SW material that made me feel as wonderful as a A New Hope did way back.
Obviously several nods, not the least of which were the "breaking out" of the base, the analogues trench run vs TIEs, and save by the "Falcon-Crest" had allot to do with that!:funny:
(and the G.Moff's tracking device plant:cwink:)
Also the full Mando theme missing from the past few ep, came back full force this ep.
And plenty of new world building and set up for the Yoby's greater role and purpose.
M-count, I imagine is the Yoby's Midachlorian, which they need extract for the Emperor's clones? Brutal.
Then saw the end credits Directed by Weathers... Please give this man even more to do!

Cara Dune's tie to Adleran and invite from the Rebel to get back in the bigger fight was moving,
Love her character (I disagree with the actor's politics as well the thought-police calling for her firing) I absolutely hope we see more of her.

And best of all Mando after those epic maneuvers, having to clean up the Yoby's mess. "on board maintenance to take care of" LOL you never get to see the heroic pilots in epic dog-fights and space-battles end that way.:D

Last edited:
So, Gizmo is clearly a clone of Yoda. Which begs the question of why they used Yoda, and not Anakin.

I am going to be psyched if they bring back Dark Troopers.

Another solid episode.

It was awesome seeing Gina Carano back kicking some ass.

Hearing Snoke's theme in the lab was a cool nod and the Resistance theme also had me smiling the moment i heard it.

I don't know why, but the TIE Fighter dogfights and chases in The Mandalorian look and feel better and more intense than any space fight in the ST. The one in this episode was no exception.

Can't wait for Ahsoka next week!

There never is a bad episode of this show IMO. I like slower episodes, I like the character building, the world building, the action etc. I am having one hell of a time with this series.

Speeder bike chase was beautiful as was the TIE’s chasing them down.

Loved the Child’s reactions while in the Razorcrest going after the TIE Fighters. Was like a kid on a rollercoaster.

Another fun episode. Like last episode I felt it could have been a bit longer, though this was was longer than the last episode. Maybe that's to do with how these episodes juggle plot threads and only tease details of some.

It was great to see Carl Weathers and Giba Carano back. The fight with Cara at the start was great and it's good to see them teasing more of her past.

The scene where baby Yoda was in the classroom was pretty funny and I kinda wish we could have had more like that, but what stood out to me is that between that and the opening scene with Mando trying to use him to repair the ship it seems a bit inconsistent with the more toddler-like depiction of his mentality we've seen up until now.

Some big teases though by the end. At first I thought they were teasing cloning for laying the ground for the emperor's return, but then we saw what looked like a purge trooper tease. Are the experiments we saw the related to the purge troopers or were they definitely clones? I'll have to watch it again to make sure if they're teasing two separate things or just the troopers.

The actual story this episode was another filler detour, but it raised some very intriguing questions going forward.

Best action sequence was the canyon chase with the speeder bikes and the TIE-Fighters.

Blue Man was a little annoying, not sure we needed him back. I do want to see more of Cara Dune's arc though, given the end with her Alderaan backstory and possibly joining the New Republic forces. It'd be a shame to cut short whatever arc they're planning for her out of social media pressure.

The Child is obviously getting more comfortable with using his powers.

I like how Stormtroopers all sound alike.

Those bodies in the lab....proto-Snokes? Or....proto-Palpatines?

Oh hai Dr. Pershing.

"There's something going on out here. They don't believe it on the core worlds, but it's true. These aren't isolated incidents. They need to be stopped before it's too late." Foreshadowing the rise of The First Order?

So many tantalizing questions.

1) Is The Child a literal clone of Yoda?

2) If they cloned Yoda somehow.....why Yoda? Anakin's Midichlorian count was higher than Yoda's, wasn't it?

3) Is Moff Gideon's Imperial Remnant the same faction that eventually becomes The First Order? And if so, are his cloning experiments forerunners to creating Snoke/cloning Palpatine? Or is this it's own separate experimental project with the clone troopers? Or is he a separate faction, but The First Order might eventually commandeer his technology/research and use it for Snoke/Palpatine? Them trying to specifically do blood transfusions from a clone (?) of a powerful Force user like Yoda suggests this is connected to Snoke/Palpatine though, not just clone troopers.

And.....considering Snoke eventually exists.....does that mean they eventually get their hands on The Child? :csad:. It'd be sadly ironic if Palpatine is resurrected with help from Yoda's own blood or a clone of Yoda.

So many questions, but so interesting to ponder going forward.

We've reached the end of everything we saw in the trailer and are flying blind from this point on, correct? I'm assuming there's stuff with Ahsoka, Boba Fett, and of course Moff Gideon coming up that they're keeping a secret.

Top episode for me.
Good looking Imperial base, T.I.E actions, scout trooper & bike.
Genetic experiment...but the Doc said the M word in his holo recording, they could have done without that if it means what I think it means.
Edit : I think it's not related to Snoke/Palpatine's clones but with the Doc/Gideon trying to make augmented troopers with the M thingy from species with high level of it like Yoda's.
Anyways...Uber Storm Trooper :)

Last edited:
Where are you guys getting that The Child is a clone from? I understood it as they need blood from a force user in order to make clones that are force sensitive, and the Child was the only one they could find.

Apart from some minor things this episode was a blast. The action scenes were great.
Am I seeing things, or did Cara Dune bulk up between seasons. Like a lot?

You know what, with that last scene I'm calling it now.

Michael Biehn is
Kyle freaking Katarn
He’d be too old. Isn’t he around Luke’s age? And this series is suppose to take place 5 years after ROTJ

Unless of course they are moving away from what was previously established in the EU, then yeah I can see it

Considering that I grew up with the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games, I would love love love to see Kyle Katarn in live action.

Online it says Biehn is playing "a bounty hunter with a connection to The Mandalorian's past", which doesn't sound like it fits Kyle Katarn.

Biehn would be a good fit for Katarn and it would be awesome to see him onscreen, but I doubt that's the case. Though it is funny they tease dark troopers.

Was it ever revealed on when the First Order was established? If this series takes place 5-10 years after ROTJ then wouldn't it be a bit early for them to be formed?

If Moff Tarkin is working on creating force sensitive soldiers (and not Snoke clones), then I'm curious on how they'll try to justify on why Luke won't get involved in the situation.

An Imperial Officer creating an army of force sensitive troopers is definitely something that would cause a disturbance in the force.

I thought those were Death Troopers in the room with Gideon at the end. Like the ones in Rogue One.

Nothing in the episode seemed to indicate or confirm Gizmo is a clone of Yoda.

Right now my theory is Gideon is attempting to keep the Emperor alive. It wouldn't surprise me if Gideon is the one that found and rescued the Emperor from the Death Star 2 wreckage.

Was it ever revealed on when the First Order was established? If this series takes place 5-10 years after ROTJ then wouldn't it be a bit early for them to be formed?

I don't think The First Order is around now or in the imminent future as of where we are right now in the SW timeline on The Mandalorian. I speculated if this stuff with the Imperial Remnant and the cloning experiments might be planting seeds that are connected to The First Order down the road though.

I thought those were Death Troopers in the room with Gideon at the end. Like the ones in Rogue One.

Nothing in the episode seemed to indicate or confirm Gizmo is a clone of Yoda.

Right now my theory is Gideon is attempting to keep the Emperor alive. It wouldn't surprise me if Gideon is the one that found and rescued the Emperor from the Death Star 2 wreckage.

I thought that the Emperor we saw in TROS was a clone and not the original version.

At this point in the timeline, the First Order is already being formed by Grand Admiral Rae Sloane off in the Unknown Regions with Hux Sr and Jr, so there’s that.

Realistically there’s a few Imperial Remnants at this point in time:

Rae Sloane’s First Order
The Sith Eternal on Exegol
Thrawn and the Seventh Fleet who knows where.
Gideon and the other warlords in the main galaxy.

I thought so too.
...technically, but we truly don’t know because JJ wouldn’t actually disclose (let alone write) how/why Palps was back other than “we need Palps back” lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"