1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 6: From the Desert Comes a Stranger (Spoiler Discussion)

Discussion in 'The Mandalorian and Spin-Offs' started by DarthSkywalker, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Sithborg Gundam Utena

Nah, what people are talking about here is rife with ethical issues. Anyone pay attention to Troy Baker's little NFT problem.

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  2. DarthSkywalker Regular As Clockwork (he/him)

3. Bim Registered

Order 66 gets me every time still. And seeing Grogu there just breaks my heart :( . I do hope we find out at some point who saved him. It would be a bit disapointing for me if we dont.

Iceman likes this.
  4. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

That look after destroying the Nokto riders. :cool:

5. Sithborg Gundam Utena

So, having finished Midnight Horizon by DJ Older, I have been thinking about this conversation a LOT. The novel deals a lot about attachments and the Jedi, what that means, what is acceptable and what isn't.

It is fascinating to see Yoda with a Padawan in Midnight Horizon, even if it is for a very little bit. He doesn't fight his padawan when they decide to leave the order to pursue a romantic attachment. Now, Yoda's padawan does eventually return, but in a different mindset, and willing to join the order now.

Which leads to where I think Luke is misinterpreting some things. Being a Jedi is a choice, yes. But its not one you force on your student. I think Luke was misinterpreting the "lack of attachments" and "choosing the Jedi" into the choice he presented to Gizmo. I think it is less repeating the PT Jedi's mistakes, but making a different mistake based on flawed interpretation of info.

Like I said, it was fun seeing bits of Yoda with an actual padawan, even with the padawan as a master. And this is consistent to what they wrote about him 200 years ago.

I think it is a good thing to look at the High Republic Jedi compared to the PT Jedi. I'm not entirely certain that the HR Jedi would have prevented Anakin from falling, as his attachment to Padme would still cause him to fall under Palpatine's influence. The fall of the Jedi, is more of their fault. In the PT, we see the Jedi who have withdrawn from the galaxy at large, abandoning their outposts on other planets. They become part of the Republic government, first as an arm of the judiciary branch, and then later as generals in the Grand Army of the Republic. Gone are the outposts of Jedi helping those far out in the galaxy, gone are the wandering Wayseekers, who don't report to the council.

Just from where I am coming from after Midnight Horizon, I do think Luke failed his test at Cloud City. The thing with Jedi and attachments is, yes, they form attachments. They are sentient beings, you can't deny that. The problem is that Luke placed those attachments above his present situation, which was training. He interrupted his training to run off and fail saving his friends at Cloud City. In Midnight Horizon, Kantam Sy and Zeen Mrala both receive a vision of someone they love in danger, in another part of the galaxy. But, they do not abandon they fight they are in to save her, they "give up the attachment" to focus on the task in front of them, instead of placing the attachment ahead of their current task.