The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 6: From the Desert Comes a Stranger (Spoiler Discussion)

I never said he did not praise the movie. He can praise the movie & Rian Johnson & still disagree with both (which he did).

Since you can pin point when I said Rian Johnson abused Mark Hamill you are just gonna ignore me ?

That sounds about right with you people
I'm gonna ignore you because you are displaying exactly what I don't like about the toxic part of this fandom. I took your comment as you trying to insinuate that the "Jake Skywalker" comment was Mark Hamill hating what Rian Johnson did to his character. Yes, he initially was uncomfortable with it, but he came around to it over time once he saw the film. That's why I said what I said.

I also never said you directly was saying Rian abused Mark, I was talking about the toxic fandom. But clearly you are trying to turn this into something this isn't by claiming I'm "projecting". With that I say good day.

I'm gonna ignore you because you are displaying exactly what I don't like about the toxic part of this fandom. I took your comment as you trying to insinuate that the "Jake Skywalker" comment was Mark Hamill hating what Rian Johnson did to his character. Yes, he initially was uncomfortable with it, but he came around to it over time once he saw the film. That's why I said what I said.

I also never said you directly was saying Rian abused Mark, I was talking about the toxic fandom. But clearly you are trying to turn this into something this isn't by claiming I'm "projecting". With that I say good day.
His account is less than a day old and he's making the type of posts he's making...we can't fall for this kinda bait

Well, at least this thread is way more entertaining than the show.

I thought you were done replying towards me ?

& yeah its funny now

Mark Hamill gave people stuff for a civil discussion

One side hates it

YOUR SIDE

So you GOTTA PROJECT & put words in people mouths they never said trying to make them "toxic"

Whats in your closet that your hiding ? Projection only happens when people are hiding something

Or are you done replying ?
Relax.

You're just regurgitating a point of view from the Sequel Trilogies threads, which I agree with to a point. But this derails the point of discussion in this thread. If you wanna keep your burner account. Let's move on.

As for me, I'm not sure how to feel about this episode.

I'm happy to see Master Jedi Luke. Get to see more post RTJ content.

But

What I don't want them to do is continuely retcon or fix the PT or ST. This works to an extent with Marvel.

But if this hijacks Boba Fett's show, it bothers me a lot. They can go overboard with it or break more continuity. Attach a lot of the reminders of the crap we endured with ST and just taint the waters.

I'm not fond of either PT, Clone Wars, Bad Batch, ST. It's not my bag. Don't ruin a good thing here.

Last edited:
Though I really enjoyed to see Din, Luke, Grogu and Ashoka…the last two episodes were clearly Mando season 2.5 and not a Boba Fett series.
First I was annoyed by the Tusken Raider stuff and only interested in the crime syndicate stuff in Mos Espa and Jabbas palace. After this story arc started to get interesting it cuts entirely away from the main characters and their story.

They could have saved the Mando stuff for its own series and focus on a crime series with its own tone. Imho very poor writing.
They should really avoid that fan-service elements ( was already too much in Mando season 2)

Though I never liked Cad Bane in the Clone Wars series…but his appearance in this episode was badass.

The way the town folk were messing with his wound makes me think Cobb is going to survive. I expect them to take him to Boba's palace, and he'll be put in the bacta tank.

No Name Deputy is dead as **** tho.

I can sort of justify it though: Cad Bane was clearly gearing up to duel Cobb, and thus nailed him with one takedown shot to the chest. However, because No Name Deputy was clearly trying to interfere, Cad had to immediately switch from said duel to shooting another guy. Since that wasn't a precise standoff but a rapid target change, he switched from "single deadeye shot" to "send a salvo his way to make sure". Maybe each shot would have been less precisely damaging than his duel fastdraw, but they still all hit, and that was that. You can live through one blaster bolt in your chest, potentially, but not like four at once.

So why not finish Cobb off? As someone who knows nothing about Cad Bane not shown here, I can only guess. Maybe because his job was to send a message, maybe he's overconfident, or maybe just has too much villainous pride in his own gunslinger skills to deign to shoot a man bleeding out on the ground. Maybe all three- after all, he initially *did* deliver a message rather than opening fire, and he clearly is ridiculous good at his job.

What I find strange is that Grogu is Luke's first student and it's been five years since ROTJ. Shouldn't he have started training Ben by now even though he'd only be 3/4 or at least have found some other students in the meantime?

That depends on how busy he's been since ROTJ. He plausibly might not have had time to do so yet, between things like "helping with post-Endor cleanup fighting", "finishing up his own training", "seeking out lost Jedi lore", "tracking down signs of other surviving Jedi", and "hunting down remnants of whatever Dark Side crap the Emperor and/or Vader had been up to".

They're canon. You can't just retcon a trilogy out of existence because you didn't like it.

I mean. . . *we* can't, no. However, they *totally can*, because they are the ones writing the story. They *absolutely* can decide "Nope, those stories never happened". Its part of the godlike power of being a writer.

As an aside, since when have "healing powers" been something new to the sequels? All the way back in A New Hope, you had Obiwan responding to a Luke who was laying on the ground unconscious after having been beaten with a stick ( by someone with no dramatized desire to take someone alive even ), by laying his hand on Luke's head, concentrating for a moment, and then Luke wakes up showing no sign of harm. Yes, it wasn't 100% neon sign explicit, but not everything needs to be.

That was much more subtle and most people didn't recognize it as healing without analyzing it after the fact.

There is a big difference between that and actual Wolverine Tissue Regeneration.
Force healing was in the expanded universe for decades before ROS so its not an idea that Abrams can be held solely responsible for.

Frankly the films have done a pretty bad job of showing the wide scope of force abilities.

As far as retconning the ST goes… I think they can just kinda sidestep a lot of it as long as they keep things set in Mando’s time period. We only got snippets of what happened between ROTJ and TROS and some of that stuff likely won’t be touched on. I doubt they’ll get into the stuff with Ben Skywalker because that won’t happen for a number of years and they likely won’t deepfake Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford dropping their kid off with Luke or whatever. We might get to see some of the rise of the First Order but even their origins are somewhat murky so maybe they didn’t really rise to prominence until years after the events of Mando.

Force healing was in the expanded universe for decades before ROS so its not an idea that Abrams can be held solely responsible for.

Frankly the films have done a pretty bad job of showing the wide scope of force abilities.
Yeah, I don’t know why they didn’t embrace that much more. Maybe wanted to keep things (a little too) old school/traditional.

I just want to know how extensive force healing actually is. Like, if Luke was stronger in the force, could he grow his hand back? :funny:

There's a potential inconsistentcy with Yodas age. We just always assumed that he matured like a human and then lived really long. He says that he was training Jedi since he was 100 years old.

But now we learn that his species matures slowly.
Grogu is 50 years old yet he's still a toddler. Is he going to become a fully experienced master by 100?
Its probably like humans. We have substantial growth spurts at multiple points in our first 20 years then we stop growing. Mentally we're fully mature by 25.

Right now I think 100 - 200 is probably Yoda's species' teenage years. Its rare but some Jedi Knights are in their early teens and can have padawans in their early teens. The more gifted they are the younger they can be knighted, and Yoda was very very gifted.

Last edited:
Grogu's age was a pretty stupid decision. 900 years was chosen to show that Yoda was really really old. Time to learn and become wise beyond our understanding. I don't think anyone took that to mean his race matured so slowly that he'd be the equivalent of a human toddler at age 50.

Can the darkside use it? Can Dooku Grow his head back?
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...

CourteousGoodnaturedBellsnake-size_restricted.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"