The Mandalorian Chapter Twelve Spoiler Discussion

That’s only an answer future creative team 30 years from now can answer with 60 year old Rey.

The real question, will Superhero Hype forums still be around?

Will the world still be around at this rate?

Is it your contention that WWII undid the events of WWI?

Given that WWII could best be described as "Every bad decision from WWI coming home to roost". . . um, yes, actually? WWI was a stupid war ended terribly, with the consequences being almost unimaginable horror. Which is why your analogy fails, at least in the sense that Star Wars, the OT, was *never* supposed to be analogous to World War 1.

Finally watched this. I really enjoyed it outside of the constant wipes during the big action sequence and the TERF being a worse actor then ever.

- Gizmo has never looked more like Gizmo, and he loves da cookies.
- One day I want the Mando to pay for wearing that cape while using a jetpack.
- More Rebels ships!
- BMX speeder bikes is exactly how I always wanted them, same with the best Stormie BMXer crashing after pulling off all da sick moves. :hehe:
- So is it the Emperor? Snoke? The first Jedi? The only Mando Jedi? A random Mando? Vader? Or just some sort of secret weapon? I need to know!

Finally watched the new episode. Thoughts:

- Me trying not to be attracted to Cara Dune/Gina Carano because she's awful in real life is already hard. These fight scenes aren't helping.
- Pabu, is that you?
- Oh hey, my man Fish Dude is back! And has basically been sold into slavery to repay his debt. This is... okay, I guess? Normal, Outer Rim labor policy? Freaking Greef.
- "A quest? I'm already on a quest!"
- Macarooooooooons! In spaaaaaaaaaace! Space Macarons!
- Star Wars continues to not understand how lava works.
- I swear, if they kill my enslaved fish man bro....
- I spent way too much effort trying to spot that extra who got caught on screen.
- Really fun action, but these are the worst Stormtroopers ever. And that's already a heckuva low bar.
- Mando just peacing out.
- Gina Carano being a terrible actress does help with the "do not love this woman" thing, but **** it's still hard
- Worst. Stormtroopers. Ever. Again, our expectations were low but HOLY ****!
- Just when you think Moff Gideon couldn't get any cooler. DARKTROOPERS.
- I hope this right-hand woman of Gideon's sticks around. She seems cool.

All and all, this was an alright episode. Solid directing debut for Carl Weathers, extra-gate aside, but I felt the writing was AWFUL this week. Especially for Favreau. And while I generally defend the episodic nature of the show, it really started to drag for me this time. Sure, we got some important factoids dropped, but especially after the big Ahsoka reveal, I REALLY want the plot to start moving forward again.

The concept art at the end definitely made me think "Someone is a Korra fan on staff."

One thing that bugs me about the episode is what the bad place kind of question is "did you lose anybody" to ask an Alderaanian?
That was one of the moments of writing that REALLY stood out as awful to me this week. First off, it's a momentously dumb question to ask. Secondly:

"Did you lose anyone?"
"I lost everyone."
"I'm sorry for your loss."

That's three sentences in a row with lose/loss as the focal point. If you HAVE to have this exchange (AGAIN, hugely stupid question) at least make it feel natural.

"Did you lose anyone?"
"Everyone."
"Oh... of course. I'm sorry."

I have to say. It's a very strange episode. While I really enjoyed it, especially the longer CGI action sequence, what Gideon is up to, and all the Gizmo, not exactly a lot goes on in this one. One that probably isn't going to hold up as well on rewatch.

Last edited:
That was one of the moments of writing that REALLY stood out as awful to me this week. First off, it's a momentously dumb question to ask. Secondly:

"Did you lose anyone?"
"I lost everyone."
"I'm sorry for your loss."

That's three sentences in a row with lose/loss as the focal point. If you HAVE to have this exchange (AGAIN, hugely stupid question) at least make it feel natural.

"Did you lose anyone?"
"Everyone."
"Oh... of course. I'm sorry."

To be fair, it's Star "I could sense your foul stench when I was brought on board" Wars we're talking about.

One thing that bugs me about the episode is what the bad place kind of question is "did you lose anybody" to ask an Alderaanian?

lol, I thought that too. Nope, just literally her entire planet blew up, I'm sure she didn't lose anyone.

Tbh, if we're talking about corny dialogue, I think a fair amount of the banter when Greef and Cara are around gets cheesy.

Very late to the party on this one, but I wasn't too big on this episode. It wasn't awful, but the infiltration felt pretty standard and a bit thin up until the canyon chase. Probably didn't help that a chunk of it felt like they got too much coverage and had to fill it with awkward wipes. Canyon chase was really cool though, and the episode was pretty full of some of the more entertaining Baby Yoda moments with the cookies, spinning and repairs. Asking Gina Carano to actually act though at the end was a mistake. Politics aside, she just isn't a very good actress. Her attempts to sell mourning reminded me of the scene in Birdemic 2 where they explain a character from the first one being absent with a dry "She got... a disease from that fish that Rod cooked." Great movie, great scene. On the other hand, nice to see the guy from Kim's Convenience back. I've never watched the show but it's plastered on every bus stop in town. Definitely need to at some point, never heard a bad thing about it. Nice to see Gideon again too. He doesn't do much or anything but honestly I just like seeing Giancarlo Esposito in anything so that's always a good time.

Overall though, kind of a meh episode for me. Not bad, not even the worst of the season so far, but not one I expect to go back to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"