Sequels Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Chewy said:
I'm just going to go ahead and assume you've never read/seen anything with Ultron in it.

There's no reason Hammer couldn't make Ultron, he could be Hammer's "Jarvis" so to speak.

sorry if you dont respond well to logic/reason/evidence. ill just skip it next time.

None of the actors from TIH will be in another Marvel movie

Which IMO is hugely disappointing. Mark Ruffalo is a fantastic Bruce Banner who I'd love to see with the rest of the TIH cast, I loved Liv Tyler and Tim Blake Nelson would be fantastic to see as The Leader.

I'm all for TBN returning, but Liv Tyler can easily be recast. I like her generally, but not as Betty. I keep plugging Rooney Mara, but they should test out various actresses with Ruffalo and go with whoever works best. Someone who is plausible as a scientist would be a plus. Of course its possible none of those characters will be in the movie. Has there been any news about this?

I haven't read anything on it. The only Hulk news that we seem to have gotten is the six-picture deal with Mark Ruffalo I think.

There's no reason Hammer couldn't make Ultron, he could be Hammer's "Jarvis" so to speak.

I'm just going to go ahead and agree with Chewy on this one, and assume you've never actually read anything at all about Ultron before.

Ultron is *not* a garden-variety killer robot. His menace comes from his motive and personality, which are linked directly and incontrovertibly to Dr. Henry Pym. Pym inadvertently gave his creation an Oedipus complex, and Ultron's primary motive over the course of his entire sordid career has been to kill his daddy (his creator) Hank and mate with his mommy, Janet Van Dyne. There is absolutely no other way to tell this story without Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne. Period.

To make Ultron interesting, a big chunk of the movie would have to be about Hank Pym. I dont see that happening. Not in TA2 anyway.

They can't even cover the story in the Ant-Man movie since the movie will be about his shrinking technology. And even if they did cover Ultron's backstory in Ant-Man, Joss Whedon would never write a TA2 story that absolutely required you to see another movie first in order to follow.

Best case scenario is that they introduce Ultron as a friendly AI in TA2, subtely foreshadow his malevolence toward the end, and then have him be a villain in TA3.

Personally I dont care if they ever get to Ultron as I think the whole "AI turns on its creator" storyline has been done to death recently. Dont get me wrong, its a great modern iteration of the Frankenstein story, but in the last twenty years or so, its been done over and over again in various mediums. As I mentioned before, only time travel has been used more of late (the Terminator movies combine both of course).

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...g-look-like-as-the-vision-like-this-probably/
What Would Clark Gregg Look Like
As The Vision? (Like This, Maybe)

vision-clark-gregg2.jpg
Sounds like the artist's idea is that the the dead Coulsen's mind is put into the Vision.
An interesting idea. But I still want it to unfold like this: Hank Pym becomes an
Avenger. Pym is building Ultron. Pym uses his own brain for Ultron and Ultron
becomes evil. Ultron creates the Vision.
Maybe once all this has happened, and the Avengers get the Vision on their side,
instead of Wonder Man as the Vision's brain blue print, they could use Coulsen's mind
(from his dead body I guess).

To make Ultron interesting, a big chunk of the movie would have to be about Hank Pym. I dont see that happening. Not in TA2 anyway.

They can't even cover the story in the Ant-Man movie since the movie will be about his shrinking technology. And even if they did cover Ultron's backstory in Ant-Man, Joss Whedon would never write a TA2 story that absolutely required you to see another movie first in order to follow.

Best case scenario is that they introduce Ultron as a friendly AI in TA2, subtely foreshadow his malevolence toward the end, and then have him be a villain in TA3.

Personally I dont care if they ever get to Ultron as I think the whole "AI turns on its creator" storyline has been done to death recently. Dont get me wrong, its a great modern iteration of the Frankenstein story, but in the last twenty years or so, its been done over and over again in various mediums. As I mentioned before, only time travel has been used more of late (the Terminator movies combine both of course).

Yeah, I see your point about that. Ultron has a cool look and a nice history with the team but he doesn't have the spark of originality that makes Galactus or Magneto such fasinating villains.

Think it's kind of funny that people seem to get bent out of shape if it's even suggested that Ultron be included in a film without Hank Pym because it's canon, but using Caulson's brainwaves for the Vision in place of Simon Williams is perfectly fine

Because Pym and Ultron define each other as characters, whereas Vision and Wonder Man... do not

Oh, ok. Haven't read old issues in a LONG time, but I seemed to remember it being a big deal with the Vision and Simon's brainwaves/personality traits. Must be remembering it wrong. Thanks for clarifying. Though I think it's really just about people wanting Coulson back. Lol

Can Marvel include Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) in their movies? or is she over at Sony?

Can Marvel include Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) in their movies? or is she over at Sony?

Since no studio has ever hinted at developing the character, it's impossible to tell who has the rights. But it would be surprising as hell if Sony did, since Spider-Woman is in no way, shape or form associated with the Spider-Man mythos.

Because Pym and Ultron define each other as characters, whereas Vision and Wonder Man... do not

Vision was actually defined heavily as being a Williams boy for his first hundred issues or so. In fact, until Wonder Man came back and they established that Vision was his own person, the official stance was that Vision WAS Wonder Man in a new body. This was central to many of the team's 1960s-1970s battles with the Grim Reaper.

I'd like to see Eliza Dushku for a role. Considering her connections to Whedon, it's a good idea? Maybe as Janet Pym/Wasp? or if they ever acknowledge the existance of mutants/X-Men etc, maybe Scarlet Witch?

170px-Eliza_Dushku_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Janet-Van-Dyne-Wasp-avengers-earths-mightiest-heroes-16794434-693-599.jpg

250px-Scarlet_Witch.jpg

Dushku would make a good Wanda; and Kevin Feige has already stated that Marvel Studios can use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, but not with a mutant background. They'd have to have "ordinary" superpowers. Maybe magical.

Dushku would make a good Wanda; and Kevin Feige has already stated that Marvel Studios can use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, but not with a mutant background. They'd have to have "ordinary" superpowers. Maybe magical.

Sure this is probably just me but I don't want to see any witchcraft turning up in the Avengers movies whih is why I've desperately hoped that Dr. Strange would not join the roster (thankfully I don't think he will). Thor is about as much as I can tolerate with magic in the film. They could be more creative than that I think.

Sure this is probably just me but I don't want to see any witchcraft turning up in the Avengers movies whih is why I've desperately hoped that Dr. Strange would not join the roster (thankfully I don't think he will). Thor is about as much as I can tolerate with magic in the film. They could be more creative than that I think.

Like it or no, magic and the supernatural are as much a part of the superhero genre as sci-fi and wonky pseudo-science. It's inevitable that magic will go full spread in the MCU with Dr. Strange, and the jury is still out on whether Thor's high fantasy is straight-up wizardry or Clarke's Law magi-sci.

I'm kind of hoping to see a European actress play Wanda to be honest. Someone like Gemma Arterton or Michelle Ryan.

Like it or no, magic and the supernatural are as much a part of the superhero genre as sci-fi and wonky pseudo-science. It's inevitable that magic will go full spread in the MCU with Dr. Strange, and the jury is still out on whether Thor's high fantasy is straight-up wizardry or Clarke's Law magi-sci.
I agree. I don't understand how someone can accept one type of fantasy but not another.
I'm kind of hoping to see a European actress play Wanda to be honest. Someone like Gemma Arterton or Michelle Ryan.
Olga Kurylenko

Doesnt really bother me where they're from as long as they look the part, have talent and can do the accent. That's about it, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"