Jessica Jones Charlie Cox cameo?

No, they thoroughly established Jessica's corner of the universe and they didn't give in to knee-jerk fan expectations of what some people think it should look like.
To expand on this:
That doesn't mean anything to me, and I couldn't disagree more. Jessica's corner of the universe is literally the exact same one as Matt's. [BLACKOUT]Moreover, as I explained before but I'll just have to again for you, Pam said she wanted a new lawyer and after everything despicable that Hogarth did, I expected Jones to not want to work with her anymore and that opens up the perfectly appropriate opportunity to bring in Nelson & Murdock as her new attorneys, not only because they recently bolstered their reputation but because Matt Murdock was involved in the Alias storyline.

So him not having a cameo was a massive disappointment and a huge missed opportunity.[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
That doesn't mean anything to me, and I couldn't disagree more. Jessica's corner of the universe is literally the exact same one as Matt's. [BLACKOUT]Moreover, as I explained before but I'll just have to again for you, Pam said she wanted a new lawyer and moreover after everything despicable that Hogarth did, I expected Jones to not want to work with her anymore and that opens up the perfectly appropriate opportunity to bring in Nelson & Murdock as her new attorneys, not only because they recently bolstered their reputation but because Matt Murdock was involved in the Alias storyline.

So him not having a cameo was a massive disappointment and a huge missed opportunity.[/BLACKOUT]

Again, you're being myopic.
You know there are literally thousands of lawyers in New York right? Instantly giving in to the "oh boy daredevil!" instinct might seem great for this one series, but they have at least four more Netflix series to think about. That's season 2 of daredevil, 1 season of Luke Cage, 1 season of Iron Fist, and 1 season of the Defenders, at least. If the Defenders is only 4 episodes, that means we're looking at 42 episodes in total. That means a whole lot of story and uncharted territory we have ahead of us. That means that maybe blowing their load on Daredevil coming into this series at this point in time just might not be the greatest idea given how much we have ahead of us. I get maybe a moment or two of slight disappointment that we didn't see Charlie Cox, but realistically calling it a "massive disappointment and a huge missed opportunity" is overstating things.

Last edited:
Again, you're being myopic.
No I'm not. I gave reasons and evidence to back up my opinion.
You know there are literally thousands of lawyers in New York right? Instantly giving in to the "oh boy daredevil!" instinct might seem great for this one series, but they have at least four more Netflix series to think about. That's season 2 of daredevil, 1 season of Luke Cage, 1 season of Iron Fist, and 1 season of the Defenders, at least. If the Defenders is only 4 episodes, that means we're looking at 42 episodes in total. That means a whole lot of story and uncharted territory we have ahead of us. That means that maybe blowing their load on Daredevil coming into this series at this point in time just might not be the greatest idea given how much we have ahead of us. I get maybe a moment or two of slight disappointment that we didn't see Charlie Cox, but realistically calling it a "massive disappointment and a huge missed opportunity" is overstating things.
[BLACKOUT]Of the thousands of lawyers in NYC, there are only 2 who took down Wilson Fisk, which was a huge deal for the whole of the city. And one of them is also a lawyer who's close friends with Claire Temple. Yeah maybe there's a chance for crossovers in the future but it would've felt right having it here and now in JJ season 1. And once again...Matt Murdock was involved in the Alias storyline, so it would've been comic book accurate for him to have showed up at the end anyway. I don't think it's overstating things, I think it is stating things the way they are. You're free to disagree, but you aren't convincing me of anything.[/BLACKOUT]

No I'm not. I gave reasons and evidence to back up my opinion.[BLACKOUT]Of the thousands of lawyers in NYC, there are only 2 who took down Wilson Fisk, which was a huge deal for the whole of the city. And one of them is also a lawyer who's close friends with Claire Temple. Yeah maybe there's a chance for crossovers in the future but it would've felt right having it here and now in JJ season 1. And once again...Matt Murdock was involved in the Alias storyline, so it would've been comic book accurate for him to have showed up at the end anyway. I don't think it's overstating things, I think it is stating things the way they are. You're free to disagree, but you aren't convincing me of anything.[/BLACKOUT]

That's fine, we can agree to disagree. :yay:
I have a feeling that in a few months once we have more of the Netflix corner of the MCU fleshed out, this won't as much of a problem anymore.

That's fine, we can agree to disagree. :yay:
I have a feeling that in a few months once we have more of the Netflix corner of the MCU fleshed out, this won't be a problem anymore.
Na...like I said a future crossover episode doesn't undo the fixed content of JJ season 1.

Daredevil was great though so I am very excited for a season 2. Maybe daredevil will be the iron man of the defenders in the sense that he'll be the only character to have more than one season before the teamup, like how IM had 2 films in phase 1.

Na...like I said a future crossover episode doesn't undo the fixed content of JJ season 1.

Daredevil was great though so I am very excited for a season 2. Maybe daredevil will be the iron man of the defenders in the sense that he'll be the only character to have more than one season before the teamup, like how IM had 2 films in phase 1.

The "fixed content" of Jessica Jones just so happens to be great, so I'm fine with that. And I'm looking forward to seeing when JJ and DD finally do crossover because I'm sure it will be well earned.

The "fixed content" of Jessica Jones just so happens to be great, so I'm fine with that. And I'm looking forward to seeing when JJ and DD finally do crossover because I'm sure it will be well earned.
i think the show was good, but nowhere near the bar that daredevil set. There were several things about it that made to lose points.

But that's a conversation for a different thread.

Everybody watching this show, including myself were expecting Murdock to show up, especially with all the lawyer scenarios happening.

That being said, it's foolish and narrow minded to expect it. Just because something's going down with JJ, in his city, and she encounters Claire, doesn't mean Daredevil's not dealing with his own problems while this is happening.

Plus, the Killgrave story is pretty intimate, focusing on specific people in and around Jessica. His very nature is to stay off people's radars, and if he gets on it, to make them forget about it. It's not like aliens raining down on NYC, or a threat of that magnitude that you couldn't expect Daredevil to ignore.

Everybody watching this show, including myself were expecting Murdock to show up, especially with all the lawyer scenarios happening.

That being said, it's foolish and narrow minded to expect it.
considering how many people are disappointed having not seen him, I'd say it was a reasonable expectation and it's inconsiderate to call them foolish and narrow minded.
Just because something's going down with JJ, in his city, and she encounters Claire, doesn't mean Daredevil's not dealing with his own problems while this is happening.
[BLACKOUT]ive stated it like 5 times in this thread and now once again, daredevil was seen in the prequel comic, plus Matt Murdock was involved in the alias storyline. Most of this all is happening in Hell's Kitchen so it's unbelievable that Matt wouldn't hear what's going on in the news.[/BLACKOUT]

Plus, the Killgrave story is pretty intimate, focusing on specific people in and around Jessica. His very nature is to stay off people's radars, and if he gets on it, to make them forget about it. It's not like aliens raining down on NYC, or a threat of that magnitude that you couldn't expect Daredevil to ignore.
the title of this thread was Charlie cox cameo. No one here was clamoring for daredevil to jump in and save Jessica or for Matt to have a supporting role like Luke cage.

Even though the fan in me was disappointed, it was logically the right thing to not have Matt in there, they need to establish the heroes as themselves, or else a cameo would feel completely forced like Tony's in TIH

Even though the fan in me was disappointed, it was logically the right thing to not have Matt in there, they need to establish the heroes as themselves, or else a cameo would feel completely forced like Tony's in TIH
it wouldn't have felt forced at all, and I don't think tony's in tih did. bruce's in im3 on the other hand, but yeah, [BLACKOUT]matt was involved in the alias storyline, so it would've even been comic book appropriate for him to have appeared. there are other reasons along with this one that i have mentioned numerous times.[/BLACKOUT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"