'Charmed' Reboot In The Works At CBS

Yeah even No Tomorrow made it to 13, lol.

How low do the ratings have to be to get something cancelled on the CW anyway?

I tried to like the show when it first came on, but all the heavy deliveries were just too light and most of the endings were anti-climactic.

I'd give it a shot if none of the original stars ever showed up and they did it new from the ground up.

I see that the cast and crew have been trying to do some damage control during SDCC. They went from "yeah never seen the show" to "OMG we LOVE the original! It was all about girl power! So many of us have watched the series multiple times!"

In the new show they all will have different fathers.

So.....their mother got around a bit clearly.

I believe they are all latina on their mothers side with one having a latin father, white father, black father.

It's pretty damn bizarre to see the personalities they went with. Don't mind their vers of Phoebe too much who is the freshman trying to join a sorority, but the other two being a lesbian feminist grad student and the other a "magic isn't real" scientist feel so on the nose.

They hit us to over the head with #metoo/feminism, it felt like an after school special.

It was an ok premiere but very rushed and a lot weaker then Something Wicca This Way Comes. Harry is way to involved in them being witches.

Suprisingly cute! Kinda almost shammed to say I enjoyed it. But don't worry I don't expect that will last all season. But not a bad start.

dang when did this air? i didn't even know it started

So do the new ladies have the same powers as the previous cast? Never watched the old one.

So do the new ladies have the same powers as the previous cast? Never watched the old one.

2/3 do. In the original Phoebe had premonitions which is how they got their mission for each episode. In the reboot Maggie has touch telepathy.

The OG whitelighter would Orb while the reboot whitelighter....twists? they have completely different methods of teleportation.

Anybody watching this show? I actually like it .I like that it's developing it's own mythology instead of retreading what the first series did. Seems CW is happy with the show as it just ordered a full season for it.

Anybody watching this show? I actually like it .I like that it's developing it's own mythology instead of retreading what the first series did. Seems CW is happy with the show as it just ordered a full season for it.

I'm watching. It's ok but definitely has a lot of room to improve. My biggest gripe is that they are moving way to fast with the storylines and to much focus on the sisters love lives so early.

I'm watching. It's ok but definitely has a lot of room to improve. My biggest gripe is that they are moving way to fast with the storylines and to much focus on the sisters love lives so early.
Yeah, that seems to be the main problem most people have with the show. The pacing is really rushed. Though I think that has more to do with the fact they were originally only given 13 episodes. Maybe now with a full season they'll slow things down a bit.

I'd like to see more demon vs witch action though, and less focus on their love life.

The reboot is officially finished after 4 seasons, lasting 72 episodes compared to the OGs 178 episodes. It managed to be an even hotter mess than the OG series and cursed bts.

The fact that the eldest character was killed off at the end of S3 because of tension bts and asking to leave just as Shannen Doherty exited at the end of S3 is....just WOW.

But I've been rewatching the OG (S1-4 are so fun and enjoyable) and the show really does not get enough praise for the chemistry Shannen/Holly/Alyssa had as siblings. One of the most realistic/genuine relationships on a show even when Shannen/Alyssa hated each other.

I didn’t know there was real tension bts with the reboot just like with the original.

Apparently the reboot show ended with the sisters going to the OG show universe and walking into the classic house. I definitely would have tuned in to the next season premiere if the show continued.

I didn’t know there was real tension bts with the reboot just like with the original.

Apparently the reboot show ended with the sisters going to the OG show universe and walking into the classic house. I definitely would have tuned in to the next season premiere if the show continued.

Yeah, the actress who played the eldest apparently didn't get along with the actress who played the middle sister to the point where they rarely had scenes together outside of the 3 of them and they didn't even have the sister mourn her death lol. Plus she allegedly wasn't happy with the shows writing with so much emphasis given to the white characters (which they...did get fleshed out way better than any of the sisters did)

And yeah, the new showrunners (they went through 3 in 4 seasons) were planning on exploring the Charmed Multi-verse in S5. They hadn't asked any of the actresses back yet so who knows if anyone would've agreed to appear in S5 and they planned that Triquetra to represent 3 universes (the OGs, the reboots, and one where males are Charmed but the male charmed ones would've been *****ebags and show why males shouldn't have the power)

I guess they just needed that ratings boost from the OG cast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"