'Charmed' Reboot In The Works At CBS

Watched the original growing up so I’ll check this out.

Are these meant to be the same characters but with different names or just a completely different set of witches?

Why are they remaking/ rebooting this anyway? It feels like it barely finished that long ago and now they are having another version. I could understand if it were 20 years ago.

And this extra sister doesn't look completely related. Is she only a half sister?

None of these actresses look as distinctive as the original versions who each seemed like starlets in their own right. These ones seem a bit generic.

Rumor has it that this loosely exists in the OG Charmed world but these are a new set of sisters, 2 with the same power as Prue/Piper.

The series finale was 12 years ago lol

The extra sister is the half sister which is part of the mystery.

They are making it because Charmed is still a very profitable franchise, does well on TNT and Netflix.

12 years ago doesn't seem that long ago. That was only 2 years before Iron Man, and Iron Man seems like yesterday to me.

So I suppose that the original sisters could potentially show up as well?

Maybe we'll get a cameo from Shannen Doherty. :o

I was bored halfway through the trailer, it really doesn't look like an update, just more of the same with a different cast, it looks like it could have been made in the 90's.

I was bored halfway through the trailer, it really doesn't look like an update, just more of the same with a different cast, it looks like it could have been made in the 90's.

Felt the opposite. Looks like a contemporary fan parody or web series.
Trailer says from "the creators of..." Makes perfect sense now.

Felt the opposite. Looks like a contemporary fan parody or web series.
Trailer says from "the creators of..." Makes perfect sense now.

Well definitely like it's been done by a bunch of fans. None of them seem like stars like the original actresses.

Get Alyssa Milano back.

If they are making these witches Hispanic, they should've gotten Roxann Dawson as the mother. When she was B'Lanna Torres in Star Trek Voyager, she gave off an Alyssa Milano vibe. I'm not sure if it's their voices or personality or something in their appearance.

I didn't realise how much I liked the original series until I saw this. **** me it looks boring. Why would they think this was a good idea?

I didn't hate this. So, we will see.

That trailer was an abomination to this world. There's so much wrong to dissect I'm going to need some time to process and come back with a dissertation.

That is all.

The tallest one looks about 10 years older than the other two. Such weird casting.

Which is funny because she is actually younger then the actress who is playing the middle sister. But I think it's just makeup and styling.

Reading twitter it looks like fangirls can be equally as loud with their disapprovals over their franchises as fanboys. You're right, what were they thinking?

Charmed fangirls are about as powerful as Taylor Swifts fanbase.

Ok so here is my full reasoning for disliking the show:

Everything feels contrived from the clips shown. Not to mention the demons look somehow less effective than the bad 90s 00s fx of the original version. The family dynamic isn't as strong. The best part of the first seasons was the THREE sisters WHO GREW UP TOGETHER'S energy and how the bond of family can be broken (Phoebe's estrangement to Prue) and can be mended. Also the lengths one are ready to go to protect family and the greater good.

The entire mythos seems to be condensed/dumbed down in an effort to throw everything at the audience hoping things stick. No slow burn on ideas bringing in the "Paige" character the first episode:whatever: (you can tell the writer preferred Paige over Prue if she was a fan at all!)/ showing whitlighters exist the first episode.

Lesson: Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Character development was the key to the early success of the show. That of course it descended into the Phoebe's a Self-Centered Horrible Screen Hog and Her Amazing Sister Friends but that's a whole different story for another thread.

The tallest one looks about 10 years older than the other two. Such weird casting.

That's what I thought when I saw her. She looks more like a mother or aunt than one of the sisters.

Ok so here is my full reasoning for disliking the show:

Everything feels contrived from the clips shown. Not to mention the demons look somehow less effective than the bad 90s 00s fx of the original version. The family dynamic isn't as strong. The best part of the first seasons was the THREE sisters WHO GREW UP TOGETHER'S energy and how the bond of family can be broken (Phoebe's estrangement to Prue) and can be mended. Also the lengths one are ready to go to protect family and the greater good.

The entire mythos seems to be condensed/dumbed down in an effort to throw everything at the audience hoping things stick. No slow burn on ideas bringing in the "Paige" character the first episode:whatever: (you can tell the writer preferred Paige over Prue if she was a fan at all!)/ showing whitlighters exist the first episode.

Lesson: Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Character development was the key to the early success of the show. That of course it descended into the Phoebe's a Self-Centered Horrible Screen Hog and Her Amazing Sister Friends but that's a whole different story for another thread.

If they are not meant to be the three original sisters in all but names, then couldn't they have a different dynamic to the original?

Of course, making it too different isn't going to appeal to people.

These three look really quite generic. You'd think, given that they have made them Hispanic, that they should look less generic. But they picked three rather bland-looking actresses. I'm sure there must have been three more interesting Hispanic actresses out there.

Charmed fangirls are about as powerful as Taylor Swifts fanbase.

These actresses look more like Charmed fangirls who decided to make a series starring themselves in the roles.

Eh the trailer looks okay i think.
But i dont trust the CW at all to do something good with this.
There is potential to be found but i dont think it will work for long.

They did the best with the premise in the original show.
I would have rather liked to see a return of the original or a reunion.

Looks like a typical CW show. The humor and the acting don't seem super great. I'm only curious because I remember seeing the original with my cousins. Might watch a couple episodes.

it doesn't look as bad as i thought it would but

1) is it related to the original at all
2) the guy is giving me too much of a Giles vibe, but not in a good way. maybe more like Wesley

it doesn't look as bad as i thought it would but

1) is it related to the original at all

Melinda Warren is referenced and apparently the original Charmed Ones are referenced as well

Notice how Giles jr. says "You are Charmed Ones" instead of "You are THE Charmed Ones"

Nothing is cancelled that quick on the CW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"