Child nearly dies of roasting at magic kingdom

the_ultimate_evil

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
Reaction score
(CBS4) ORLANDO Two Orange County parents face child abuse charges after they allegedly left their toddler outside in the sun, as they took a ride on the "Pirates of the Caribbean" at Walt Disney World.

The couple reportedly told police they accidentally left the three-year-old girl in the stroller on Saturday afternoon. They said they were with a group of other adults and children, and each parent thought the other had the girl.

Other park goers found the girl in the sun, turning red, covered in sweat and nearly lifeless. Park employees called paramedics who revived the girl after taking her indoors and giving her water.

Authorities say the child was left in the heat and sun for nearly an hour.

Each parent was released from the Orange County jail on $25-hundred bail. Their other children have been turned over to relatives while the Department of Children and Families investigates.

oooooooooooooook, when the saw each other on the ride wouldn't they have noticed the missing kid

The story is pretty sad. I feel bad for laughing at the thread title.

The story is pretty sad. I feel bad for laughing at the thread title.

Yeah, "nearly dies of sunstroke" would have been more accurate.

I had visions of a kid falling into a giant chicken rotisserie or something.

It's sad and all that, but this sort of begs the question: What three year old is incapable of getting out of a stroller? Maybe I overestimate three year olds, but when I was three, I didn't sit there and bake if I was uncomfortable. Was the kid like, bolted in or something?

Wow, just one more reason why you should have to pass a test before giving birth.

It's sad and all that, but this sort of begs the question: What three year old is incapable of getting out of a stroller? Maybe I overestimate three year olds, but when I was three, I didn't sit there and bake if I was uncomfortable. Was the kid like, bolted in or something?

Maybe the kid was sleeping. Please don't try to blame this on the kid.

Nearly an hour?! How long is this ride exactly?!

And I love how they say that they "thought the other one had her" as if she is a camera or something that you pass off to someone else. Jeez, they're even lucky that she just got heat exhaustion. A place like Disney World must be crawling with pedophiles. That poor girl.

Even if she did find a way to get out, where would she go? She's only three years old. Don't you think her getting out and walking around would have only made things worse for her and her parents? Any way that you slice it, this is her parents' fault.

Wow, that's awful. Like katie said, it's very lucky that nothing else happened. Prime target for child abduction.

Ouch. I mean... wouldn't they have stood in line together, and sorta noticed this?

They are either lying or incredibly stupid.

They are either lying or incredibly stupid.

I think that they are lying more than anything else. Two parents will always know where their child is or who their child is with. They don't just hop in line and assume that the other person has the kid.

I'd say criminal child endangerment and criminal neglect.

I think that they are lying more than anything else. Two parents will always know where their child is or who their child is with. They don't just hop in line and assume that the other person has the kid.

I'd say criminal child endangerment and criminal neglect.

I'd second that . This is definately child abuse.

doublefacepalmy.jpg

Then you must have been an amazing 3 year old to remember when you were 3. You don't have memory development till you are over 4 years old. yeah she may have able to unbuckle herself, but where would she have gone? odds are she would have stayed there looking around for her mom and dad, and with the ending to this sad story.

Don't turn around and blame the kid. the parents deserve to lose their kid to someone who can remember having one, and not putting a ride before their child.

Yeah...not blaming the kid. I'm asking why the kid didn't get out of the stroller in the hot hot sun. Yes, I do think it would have been better had the kid gotten out of the stroller, and into some shade, even if it had to wander off.

I suppose the kid could have been sleeping, but it didn't say that in the article.

Ditto to waht Ring Deacon said.

Double ditto if he voted for us or is going to. :up:

I'm sure they had to wait in a long line.
So they didn't take their daughter into the line with them? And they didn't go into the line at the same time even though they were there together?

I agree. This does sound like a lie to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"