Chloe Comes to Comics

They can't use Chloe's likeness they didn't pay for that right. Which is way the only thing related to SV will be the name and that she is Lois cousin and wants to be a reporter. Everything else is being changed.

Wanna bet that she's blonde, cute and spunky too. :cwink:

Wanna bet that she's blonde, cute and spunky too. :cwink:
LOL, you get my point, what is being said from what I gather is that it is not Chloe from Smallville, but their own version of Chloe. For example is the Flash from SV written like the Flash from DCU or even like Bart from DCU or is the Green Arrow or Lana written the same as well? Thats how Chloe will be where you have one version here acting like Lois and another version that is written in a whole different manor. That is why I don't see why people are upset about this. If she is not going to be written like the Chloe from SV then give it a chance.

One note for anyone interested in Superman lore tidbits. Kryptonite did come from the radio show, but actually was an idea from Siegel and Shuster originally. They wrote a story called "The K-Metal from Krypton" but DC rejected it at the time. Here is a link to a site that has recreated the story:

http://k-metal.cc/splash.php

Definitely worth the read.

How this particular story relates to Smallville is that when a human would come in contact with the K-Metal it would give them superpowers.

Sounds kinda familiar doesn't it?

Guess those who dislike the things Kryptonite can do on SV should take note that the original creators of Superman were thinking along the same lines.
That doesn't make the idea any better.

They can't use Chloe's likeness they didn't pay for that right. Which is way the only thing related to SV will be the name and that she is Lois cousin and wants to be a reporter. Everything else is being changed.

I'm gonna have to disagree.

"The idea that if anybody plays this character in the future or if she's in some other projects, they'll have to look like me or have a likeness of me is really cool," Allison Mack told ComicsContinuum.com

She says "if she's in some other projects", and I consider a comic another project.

At the link below Al Gough says DC owns every character they created for the show.

http://supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=4321

Whether Chloe is Chloe from SV or not doesnt matter. Why add her when you got so many unused characters anyway? Its just cashing in on Smallville cause its there. But DC writers can be ass like that I suppose....

That doesn't make the idea any better.

Agreed. Not saying it does, just thought it was interesting the direction they were taking it way back when.

Now regarding Chloe...I am interested to see how she will be characterized in the comics..not exactly sure how she will fit in. I am curious to see what she will bring to the table story wise.

let me guess, Chloe will go snooping for a story and Superman will save her. I think it may go down that way.

I'm gonna have to disagree.

"The idea that if anybody plays this character in the future or if she's in some other projects, they'll have to look like me or have a likeness of me is really cool," Allison Mack told ComicsContinuum.com

She says "if she's in some other projects", and I consider a comic another project.

At the link below Al Gough says DC owns every character they created for the show.

http://supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=4321
Did you read what Kurt had to say? They own the character but likeness rights is another matter which is why they are not using her likeness maybe for the first comic but after that expect her face to change.

They'll probably make her similar to her likeness on Smallville. And introduce her like Clark knew her all along. When the fans go "huh, what about continuity" Didio will shamelessly plug Final Crisis

Marketing and continuity revamp 101

i don't read the comics, but it seems right to include the character of Chloe into the comics. But, the fact that she is the younger sister of somebody that Clark went to school with is wierd.

Did you read what Kurt had to say? They own the character but likeness rights is another matter which is why they are not using her likeness maybe for the first comic but after that expect her face to change.

Hey, yeah buddy I actually did read it. He said DC had to get clearance with WB for the character as well as to make sure the comic version looked like "Chloe", but not exactly like Mack.

Which means they can draw her likeness.:up:

I'm rather ticked that the writers chose to completely alter the concepts of Chloe's character. By making her younger than everyone else, the founding element of her relationships with everyone else is destroyed...so why include her at all, if they're just going to make her unrecognizable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"