The Flash Chris Klein is Cicada!

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
https://deadline.com/2018/07/the-flash-chris-klein-cicada-casting-season-5-1202430893/

There’s a new bad guy headed for Central City. During The Flash’s portion of the Warner Bros Television/DCTV panel at Comic-Con on Saturday, the series’ cast and creators announced that Chris Klein has been cast as super-villain Cicada for the show’s upcoming Season 5.Comic-Con
In the DC mythology, Cicada was a mysterious cult leader who aimed to murder anybody that The Flash had ever saved, using trademark lightning bolt daggers. WBTV and DC describe him as “a grizzled, blue-collar everyman whose family has been torn apart by metahumans, Cicada now seeks to exterminate the epidemic — one metahuman at a time.”

Season 5 finds Barry Allen aka The Flash (Grant Gustin), having dispatched of The Thinker, contemplating his future with his new wife Iris (Candice Patton) and their speedster daughter from the future, Nora (Jessica Parker Kennedy), already grown and a part of their lives.

The season premiere October 9 on the CW.

Greg Berlanti, Todd Helbing, Sarah Schechter and Eric Wallace produce the series from Bonanza Productions in association with Berlanti Productions and WBTV.

Last edited:
If Chris Klein acts like he did in the Street Fighter movie then this season of the Flash will be hilarious

I’m really intrigued by the bits of info we’re learning about Cicada so far!

Might be a long shot, but could Cicada be Nora's brother (and a lost son of Barry & Iris)?

Both Nora and Cicada have the same scar placement; leading me to believe that future Iris could have had two children and put an implant in both of them. Somehow Cicada wound up in the past, and his implant somehow attracted the dark matter to him.

It's plausible that Nora didn't (initially) go back to meet her parents, but instead to save her brother. It makes sense to assume that Thawne is involved in this somehow (maybe being the person who suggests she interfere and help with the Satellite) in an attempt to change the timeline for his benefit, but also for Nora to save her brother (or so she thought).

Cicada had the opportunity to kill Barry back in (episode 3?) but paused and left the moment Nora came along. Could it be that he somehow doesn't (or didn't) know his Dad was actually the Flash? I'm aware this isn't a perfect theory, but there's merit to it, and with Savitar having a direct connection to Team Flash back in Season 3, I can't help but wonder whether there's more villainous family drama to be had here.

Normally Chris Klein is bad, unless its in something that suits his style like American Pie, Just Friends or the Long Weekend. They're not exactly Oscar performances but he thrives in roles like that, he's pretty much awful in everything else. But that said who know he'd be such a compelling villain, I think so far on the Flash he;s been fantastic and the best season villain they've had since Reverse Flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"