1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Supergirl Chris Wood IS Mon-El

Discussion in 'Past DC TV Series' started by Sawyer, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Kelly #RESIST

Vampire Diaries? ???

2. Sithborg Gundam Utena

I'm thinking Sawyer's dreams, but I think the parts are taken from Vampire Diaries.

(surprised he hasn't started a thread about Music Meister and spammed with Darren Criss pics)

3. Paradox1 Registered

I don't like Mon-El or his budding romance with Kara. He seems like a really selfish person. I can't wait for the Leigon to come so we can get an upgrade in the form of brainiac 5

4. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I just hope when Brainiac 5 does show up, they come up with some excuse to have him NOT be green. Spare us the hideous make-up please, lol. I still shudder when imagining Indigo.

5. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

At least Mon-El is fairly honest with himself about his nature. I mean, in the space of one episode, he admitted that, yeah, I'm doing this because I wanna get into Kara's pants. And he admitted it, to Kara.

Plus, while he's not eagerly selfless, when push comes to shove, he's usually willing to put himself at risk for others. He's not a hero, but he's also not a complete jerk either. Its kind of humanizing, even if he's totally Mon-El INO.

6. Dr. From parts unknown

Any guesses what Mon-El’s long-term arc might be? Seems a little soon for Kara to settle in to a stable relationship. (Plus, this is the CW - where a rotating roster of boy/girlfriends is the standard template. :word:) Might they kill him off? Or does (Prince?) Mon-El depart Earth to lead a relic population of Daxamite survivors? Or does he stick around for season 3?

7. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I've said it before that I see Mon-El as a 1 season character.

If they bring in Brainiac 5, I hope he resembles the one from the Legion of Superheroes cartoon series.

8. Kelly #RESIST

More superheroes? ugh...

9. flickchick85 Admin of Might

^The good thing about the Legion of Superheroes Kelly, is that they are regular parts of Supergirl's world, but due to their time-traveling nature, they come and go. So Brainiac 5 might be here for like a season or an arc, but he would inevitably be temporary. As should be Mon-El, imo. But the Legion ARE a significant part of Supergirl's world in the comics, and she joins them for adventures and stuff. I don't think they should ignore that, and I would happily trade this Guardian BS for them in a heartbeat.

Also, it's Mon-El's comics destiny to go become the leader of the Legion, so if we lose him, it will probably be either the way it happened in the comics (fatal lead poisoning causing Superman/Supergirl to send him to the Phantom Zone as a last resort to stop his condition from worsening, only to have him return from the future, where Brainiac 5 finally found a cure for his lead "allergy," now a member of the Legion) OR they'll just simplify it and have the Legion visit and he decides to join them.

10. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Yeah, they would be more reoccurring and not a full time thing. Episode here and there. I would be surprised if we dont get a Legion episode by next season.

11. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Which is why I can see the season ending with either Mon-El being sent to the Phantom Zone or be with the Legion of Superheroes. They are a big part of Superman and Supergirl's world. We've seen the Legion ring from last season so they will have to bring the Legion at some point.

12. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Plus, we know the Legion are faves of Geoff Johns, so if there's an opportunity to bring them into another DC show, he'll make sure it happens, lol.

13. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

They just have to pick the right Legionnaires for Supergirl.

14. Kelly #RESIST

That is fine, as long as we don't get anymore Guardians.... :)

15. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I put my money on "Departs for space at the end of the season". Thus the cast opens room back up, but also keeps him available for future use as the story calls.

Unfortunately, part of why they might want to do this is to allow Jimmy to make romantic headway. Ugh.

16. Sawyer High King

Yeah, it's from a video they made for SDCC the year before last, after his role in Season 6 wrapped. And he's back next week.

[​IMG]
    Oh please. The last few seasons of Glee put me off crushing on him permanently. :o

17. Thome216 Registered

I hope he stays on for a long run. I'm liking Mon-El a lot! Especially in his progression from apparent 'brat' to adult. He has great scenes with just about everybody, especially Kara.

Hopefully his history might finally come out, and I think his story arc is about to be jumbled big time!

18. TheRedWraith Registered

It doesn't seem that complex, he was a pompous party boy cowardly prince who out of shame for saving himself over his friend's caused him to hide his identity.

19. haephestus Registered

If the rumours are true and we're about to meet his parents, then there would be some added complexity given that everyone else on Daxam supposedly died.

Also, even if he's simply a lost prince of Daxam, why would the Dominators respect / revere him enough to allow him to escape Slaver's Moon?

It seems that there is much more to his story than simply pretending to be his own bodyguard.

20. Thome216 Registered

Exactly. And now he may be about to face the consequences of those decisions, if those were the decisions he took. We don't exactly what happened on Daxam just before it died, or even the exact way in which he got into the Pod.

We know what he told the others, but is it merely a reversal of positions, or was there something more traumatic that happened?

And did they say that Sorbo and Hatcher will be playing his parents?

21. Kelly #RESIST

Sorbo said they are a husband and wife from a planet that was an enemy of Krypton.

22. Kelly #RESIST

U read between the lines.

23. TheRedWraith Registered

Hadn't heard those rumors, if that is the case, then that could mean that either they could go further with the storyline that he ran and ramp it up by making it that he abandoned his parents and bodyguard when they needed his help, saving himself instead and to his knowledge damning his parents to die. With that scenario the bowing would just be because he is the royalty of an powerful/ally? planet and they treat him as such. Then these people searching wouldn't want to harm him but reunite him with/reveal themselves as his parents.

A more sinister storyline could be that Daxam somehow played a role in Krypton's destruction and he learned of it and when it was destroying their planet unintentionally he similar to the plot above, left his parents and wanted to hide Daxam's involvement.

24. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

I think another possibility is they are the parents of a girl the prince was supposed to marry. Or a girl he defiled and they want to punish him for it.

25. SSAV Registered

So, I didn't see this question answered in this thread.

Was Mon El also stuck in Phantom Zone for a time? If Daxam became a waste planet when Krypton exploded, shouldn't he have reached Earth with Kal rather than Kara?

Or, was there a 35 year delay in the destruction of Daxam?