Batwoman Ruby Rose WAS Kate Kane/Batwoman

Saw this on another forum...Ruby was edited out of COIE "JL" formation for a brasil promo
EvQuhwUXIAANScc

EvQtOXwXUAYWI3t

Ouch, lol.

Sounds exactly like the same issues the Riverdale cast has had.

Another in a long line of horror stories about terrible treatment and work conditions from cast and crew involved in a lot of these shows since Smallville. Absolutely disgusting.

The CW either needs to clean house, investigate the abusers and those complicit, and have an entire reform of their workplace, or they just need to shutter their entire production house and let all of the newer, better quality shows (Stargirl, Superman and Lois) migrate to HBOMax. The horrors the cast have suffered on these sets is not worth it.

This is a Berlanti Productions issue, not CW or HBO issue.

This is a Berlanti Productions issue, not CW or HBO issue.

So, either we haven’t heard anything yet from Stargirl or S&L, or the work conditions are better and that production company isn’t as involved.

Even from watching those two shows, I get a different vibe and get the sense from interviews and such that the atmosphere is much more laidback, amicable and humane. Wonder what the difference is that separates it from the typical CW shows, aside from the bigger budgets and better production value.

Another in a long line of horror stories about terrible treatment and work conditions from cast and crew involved in a lot of these shows since Smallville. Absolutely disgusting.

The CW either needs to clean house, investigate the abusers and those complicit, and have an entire reform of their workplace, or they just need to shutter their entire production house and let all of the newer, better quality shows (Stargirl, Superman and Lois) migrate to HBOMax. The horrors the cast have suffered on these sets is not worth it.

Considering Stargirl already made the leap from DC Universe/CW simultaneously to the CW exclusively, I don't see them moving it back to a streaming platform anytime soon.

So, either we haven’t heard anything yet from Stargirl or S&L, or the work conditions are better and that production company isn’t as involved.

Even from watching those two shows, I get a different vibe and get the sense from interviews and such that the atmosphere is much more laidback, amicable and humane. Wonder what the difference is that separates it from the typical CW shows, aside from the bigger budgets and better production value.

Superman and Lois probably enjoys the benefit of not doing as much or as complicated night time location shooting.

But these shows are a grind. Its why the leads start asking for more time off after the show is a hit.

Considering Stargirl already made the leap from DC Universe/CW simultaneously to the CW exclusively, I don't see them moving it back to a streaming platform anytime soon.

This is a production company issue, not distributor issue. Unless you fire the whole crew, you are still going to have the same issue.

Apparently she was let go due to complaints made against by cast and crew:

https://deadline.com/2021/10/ruby-rose-batwoman-toxic-behavior-allegations-cw-wbtv-1234858951/
Between Rose’s statements and this, I’m going to bet the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Berlanti and co. skated by more or less unscathed after the Kreisberg firing a few years back, so there still being mess behind the scenes wouldn’t surprise me. Plus we already knew about Rose’s injury and the crewmember being paralyzed, so they really need to get their **** together safety-wise.

On the other hand, the way Rose phrased some of this stuff sounds less like someone coming forward after being genuinely wronged and more like someone who’s been waiting for the opportunity to grind her axe in public.

Between Rose’s statements and this, I’m going to bet the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Berlanti and co. skated by more or less unscathed after the Kreisberg firing a few years back, so there still being mess behind the scenes wouldn’t surprise me. Plus we already knew about Rose’s injury and the crewmember being paralyzed, so they really need to get their **** together safety-wise.

On the other hand, the way Rose phrased some of this stuff sounds less like someone coming forward after being genuinely wronged and more like someone who’s been waiting for the opportunity to grind her axe in public.
My thoughts exactly. No one sounds like “the good guy” here.

Ehh, the set safety issues are really the big issue to me. Its been an issue with Riverdale and even worse with this show. It does make you wonder how bad it is. The big one is the complaints of Candice Patton. I wonder how much worse it is given what she has spoken about.

CW/Show production is definitely partially to be blamed but safety wise it does seem like they got it together since we havent heard of (doesnt mean much) anything during S2. TWD seemed pretty together and still ended up with a major stunt accident years into its production.

But Ruby saying that she was liked bts by everyone sans like 2-3 people? Ive seen people who work in the vancouver industry/paps talk about how much of a nightmare she was so I do think that played more into her leaving.

Ehh, the set safety issues are really the big issue to me. Its been an issue with Riverdale and even worse with this show. It does make you wonder how bad it is. The big one is the complaints of Candice Patton. I wonder how much worse it is given what she has spoken about.

I know a lot of Candice's complaints were during the AK years. Has she had any in the past 3-4 since the new showrunner took over?

Superman and Lois probably enjoys the benefit of not doing as much or as complicated night time location shooting.

But these shows are a grind. Its why the leads start asking for more time off after the show is a hit.
Yep.

Plenty of actors have talked about how much of a grind network television can be. It is especially terrible on these 20 episode a season type shows.

Superman & Lois, Star Girl and Legends probably benefit from having shorter seasons. The production schedule is less hectic and pressurized for everyone than those 20 episode a season shows.

I would not assume that the other schedules are less of a grind.

I guess its a bit the nature of doing such shows.
The hectic schedule, people looking at the money and getting things done constantly, a lot of stress which leads to tension etc.

Could easily see people therefore having a very tense realtionship which can escalate.

Last edited:
Ruby Rose has, in my opinion, always been one of those celebrities that vies to be important when really, she isn't. I've yet to see her in anything that made me genuinely believe she was playing another person, she's kinda' just always playing an extension of herself, or if not herself in general. She's not talented as far as the acting and entertainment industry go.

Knowing her public image too, I propose that she should focus more on her insecurities, rather than crying about being wronged. I'm sure there's multiple guilty parties involved here, but where's the sense in bringing this up now, short of some media attention because she's become (as far as I know) a nobody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"