LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

MrMaooz

Avenger
Reaction score
Comic-Con 2013: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. The studio declined to comment.

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

Christian Bale in "The Dark Knight Rises." (Warner Bros)
Christian Bale in “The Dark Knight Rises.” The actor has said that his days in the bat suit are behind him. (Warner Bros.)

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.

– Nicole Sperling

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/

Lets see if this turns out to be true. Shouldn't be long now...

The site got taken down...but i saw it before

>Zack Snyder and David Goyer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why didn't they just stick them to Man of Steel 2 and let someone else do World's Finest. ****. Now they're going to **** this up too and get away with it because of how popular the characters are.

Even if it's not a World's Finest film, WB is definitely gonna announce something for 2015 at SDCC. And thus 2015 in movies will implode.

They are probally going to kill 2 birds with one stone.combine batman reboot and man of steel sequel to set up Justice league for 2017/2018.

Look I think having Davie Goyer write another batman film with him writing batman begins and working on story for the dark Knight and DKR Is bad idea.If you reboot keep away thse involved with films your now saying didn't happen.Likewise nolan as producer of any involement Is bad idea.

I am not biggest fan of Man of steel so the take on batman would be what I am more curious about,and that will demine if i pay money to see It.But reintroducing batman this way Is smart.It allowes them to avoid rehashing the origin again.And It helps justice league not to be Man of steel 3 guest starrng other DC heroes.

I've been pimping this idea around these boards for a long time. I, along with so many other people called it, this makes the most sense. It's THE perfect way to introduce a new Batman.

Now the question is who the villains will be :D

This is the best possible news seriously. I've wanted this to happen so badly.

Lex and Joker team up? That's what I'm hoping for

the obvious one would be luthor. i think given some the idea being thrown around with the kryptonian bacteria or what not, you could use the same angle for parasite and metallo. you get the big guns for superman to deal with, the luthor for bruce to deal with intellectually.

Last edited:
with Lex already set up for the sequel, i can see this being similar to the animated Worlds Finest film where Bruce goes to Metropolis and that's when he meets Superman

If True , glad to see WB finally had the courage to do it . This is good , this way WB can know if a JL movie can be successful . I hope this is TRUE

Lex Luthor has to be villain.I agree with batman coming to Metropalas.

Start In gotham and have rest of film In Metropalos.Batman should follow one of his rogue's.
It would be ideal for it to be a rebooted Joker.Maybe with Harley Quinn.While It would be similar to animated world's finest it would be great change of pace from man of steel.Trying to top man of steel's destrucon would be bad idea.Do a more light Superman compared to man of steel.

Please let Luthor and Joker be the villains. Keep Goyer away, and someone don't let Snyder **** it up.

Keep Nolan away so we get an actual BATMAN and SUPERMAN movie and he doesn't suck the "super" out of the superheroes, please.

Last edited:
Lex Luthor has to be villain. it would be great change of pace from man of steel.Trying to top man of steel's destrucon would be bad idea.Do a more light Superman compared to man of steel.
I agree , too much destruction in MoS . If Lex is the villain , I think it would be great to introduce Cadmus

Lex Luthor has to be villain. it would be great change of pace from man of steel.Trying to top man of steel's destrucon would be bad idea.Do a more light Superman compared to man of steel.
I agree , too much destruction in MoS . But I think they should use someone else than the Joker .
Please let Luthor and Joker be the villains. Keep Goyer away, and someone don't let Snyder **** it up.

Keep Nolan away so we get an actual BATMAn and SUPERMAN movie and he doesn't suck the "super" out of the superheroes, please.
For the Nolan and Goyer part I agree , about Snyder's part , it would be better if he could just make the action scenes
PS : Really sorry for the Double-Post , I clicked twice on Post

Last edited:
I'm hoping that Bats and Luthor are the 'villains'. Neither trust Supes, and work together to research kryptonite, etc.

Also, have Supes framed via a clone or something (Bizarro).

Lex Luthor and Joker against Batman and Superman for sure

This is amazing news! I'm so glad we're finally getting a live action Snyder-Batman!

I really hope this comes to fruition. As for the villains, Lex is a must. As for the heavy Supes would have to deal with? I'm thinking Metallo. It's a good way to introduce a new Batman, too.

Goyer will be the reason that this film will be subpar.

Keep Nolan away so we get an actual BATMAn and SUPERMAN movie and he doesn't suck the "super" out of the superheroes, please.
That's the problem with DC. They don't know how to get guys who are fun. DC movies SHOULD be more serious than Marvel movies, but it shouldn't be to the point where Superman is more ****ing dry than even Batman.

That's the problem with DC. They don't know how to get guys who are fun. DC movies SHOULD be more serious than Marvel movies, but it shouldn't be to the point where Superman is more ****ing dry than even Batman.

Agreed. Superman had no personality whatsoever in MOS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"