LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Didn't like that fan trailer. Routh ruins everything. And I really don't want to see some team up tag team movie like the Shumacher films where you have 2 heroes versus 2 villains. In this case a tag team match where Batman and Superman fights Lex Luthor and Joker.

Now, if they did it like TDKReturns but when theyre younger. Joker doesn't team up with anyone. Has a nice bit with Bats then later Superman and Batman have a final battle while Lex is the villain behind the scenes. OK. But I really don't want Joker stepping outside of Gotham.

Joker would just overcrowd this movie. And his re-introduction should NOT be in a crossover movie that's more likely to be in Metropolis. If they want to give him a cameo at the start of the film (in gotham) then I like that idea. You don't even need to cast the future actor for the role.

But Joker's debut should honestly be in a solo Batman movie. Unless the first solo film towards the end of the decade is an adaptation of Arkham Asylum, Joker should also not be a full-on villain in that 1st flick. There's different villains who need the spotlight before he gets his return.

I really think Joker and Luthor could work. In all honesty I don't see how Robin and Batman can be compared to Superman and Batman. Batman and Robin isn't that big a deal. They've always appeared together. As far as I'm concerned, that's just telling a Batman story.

Now SUPERMAN AND Batman, THAT is something different. That is special.

They can't do JUST the Joker as the bad guy because that makes what is "technically" a "Superman" (MOS) "sequel" more of a Batman movie. The way I see it is if they do Joker at all then Luthor HAS to be included, ideally for me it'd be both, but if I absolutely must pick one or the other then I say to just do Luthor then.

Didn't like that fan trailer. Routh ruins everything.

It was from a few years ago, obviously, but he didn't really say or do anything much in it they mostly just showed him, lol. I don't think he ruined anything there, Shauner, geeze. lol :p

Last edited:
I really think Joker and Luthor could work. In all honesty I don't see how Robin and Batman can be compared to Superman and Batman. Batman and Robin isn't that big a deal. They've always appeared together. As far as I'm concerned, that's just telling a Batman story.

Now SUPERMAN AND Batman, THAT is something different. That is special.

They can't do JUST the Joker as the bad guy because that makes what is "technically" a "Superman" (MOS) "sequel" more of a Batman movie. The way I see it is if they do Joker at all then Luthor HAS to be included, ideally for me it'd be both, but if I absolutely must pick one or the other then I say to just do Luthor then.

It was from a few years ago, obviously, but he didn't really say or do anything much in it they mostly just showed him, lol. I don't think he ruined anything there, Shauner, geeze. lol :p
I was kidding about Routh haha. But I really don't like him as Superman. But yeah it's just the trailer, ive seen much better for Bats/Supes on youtube. In the trailer though, I don't like how it feels like a cliché 2 heroes versus 2 baddies! kinda teaser. I really don't want to see that. I prefer a triangle with Bats vs Supes with Lex in between stirring the pot. It's to the point and serves better as a sequel to Man Of Steel. Let Joker debut in Batmans world, in one of the solo sequels. IMO not a single villain that Nolan used should be repeated in this reboot until a couple of new ones appear first. At least.

And ill repeat, I HATE the idea of Joker in Metropolis.

I was kidding about Routh haha. But I really don't like him as Superman. But yeah it's just the trailer, ive seen much better for Bats/Supes on youtube. In the trailer though, I don't like how it feels like a cliché 2 heroes versus 2 baddies! kinda teaser. I really don't want to see that. I prefer a triangle with Bats vs Supes with Lex in between stirring the pot. It's to the point and serves better as a sequel to Man Of Steel. Let Joker debut in Batmans world, in one of the solo sequels. IMO not a single villain that Nolan used should be repeated in this reboot until a couple of new ones appear first. At least.

And ill repeat, I HATE the idea of Joker in Metropolis.

I always thought this looked pretty awesome, lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3oN3EJcfwE

But I do think that edit for the fan trailer with Luthor and Joker was very well done, I thought they did a good job with editing it together at least. :yay:

It sounds like you're a little worried it may become "The Joker" movie if he's in it, and I agree I want the focus to be kept primarily on Superman and Batman, more so Superman, truthfully, and if having Joker in it might make it to divisive a flick then I do agree on excluding him.

May I ask though why you are so against the Joker showing up in Metropolis? I don't want to see him hanging out there or making it is hideout, but as far as going there for a specific purpose and possibly running into Supes, Luthor, etc, I'm okay with that. I thought it worked fine in the Bruce Timm Superman/Batman teamup movie they did years back, and even his subsequent Justice League appearances; while not in Metropolis, they weren't all in Gotham, either (Las Vegas comes to mind at end of Justice League Season Two).

If Joker needs a rest, then Luthor should be given a rest as well. He's been the villain in more Supes movies (4) than Joker has in any Batman movies (twice). My point was, as you seem to have missed is, Luthor is Superman's no. 1 archenemy, as Joker is Batman's. Teaming Supe's no.1 enemy with Batman's no.2 or no.3 enemy makes no sense. Oh, and nobody's being "Stuck up on Joker", Joker is the fans' favorite Bat-villain by far.
Story wise, Luthor can team up with any of these: Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, Two-Face, Mr Freeze. They are all very known Batman villains. The only reason people want Joker more it's because he's been so frequently used in films and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"