LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Why do you think such discussion is inappropriate for a message board focusing on upcoming Superhero movies, and how do you think this board could be put to better use?

I just think people seem to focus wholly on the negative in regards to everything. They already have a checklist in their heads of what and shouldn't be in this or any movie. This movie is 2 years away and people already have their checklists. Speculation is one thing, but people don't know how to just let things develop naturally. They'd rather get every piece of production detail in their heads over the course of the making of the film then read up on it here and there and go in not really knowing what to expect. People are already feeling confident the film is going to suck literally before ANYTHING about it is known. That's utterly ridiculous imo. There is no sense of anticipation with films anymore. And when a film tries to keep itself a secret, people are let down that it wasn't some twisty turny thing simply because it didn't spill the beans on everything.

I just think its a sure fire way to ruin films for yourself...when all you do is make up your mind on what the film needs to be years before it comes out instead of going in with an open mind. But I guess it comes with the territory.

Why is everybody freaking out over something they have absolutely no clue about? The film was just. freaking. announced. It's rampant speculation like this that needs to stop. "I bet this and this is gonna happen. I bet they do this. I don't want them to do that. Man, this movie is gonna have this and that and then do this, screw that."

Come on people, calm the hell down.

Might as well close this thread then huh:yay:

Im not negative...IMO this is the biggest, best news out of Comic-con....

Im not negative...IMO this is the biggest, best news out of Comic-con....

And that's good to hear. I'm not saying people can't have reservations, but the utter negativity is a killer.

It's never cautious optimism. It's always damnation and declarations of failure.

And that's good to hear. I'm not saying people can't have reservations, but the utter negativity is a killer.

It's never cautious optimism. It's always damnation and declarations of failure.

I get that...but it's what we do...over in the Avenger 2 thread people are going ape cah-cah because Pym isn't building Ultron.

While I enjoyed MoS, I wasn't too excited for the sequel until now. This news makes me pretty giddy. I know a lot of fans would rather see Superman develop on his own in a sequel, but I don't see any reason why that can't still happen. On the other hand, Superman/Batman supporting characters may not fare so well. I can live with that though. I think a lot of it comes down to Batman's starting point as a character.

I just think people seem to focus wholly on the negative in regards to everything. They already have a checklist in their heads of what and shouldn't be in this or any movie. This movie is 2 years away and people already have their checklists. Speculation is one thing, but people don't know how to just let things develop naturally. They'd rather get every piece of production detail in their heads over the course of the making of the film then read up on it here and there and go in not really knowing what to expect. People are already feeling confident the film is going to suck literally before ANYTHING about it is known. That's utterly ridiculous imo. There is no sense of anticipation with films anymore. And when a film tries to keep itself a secret, people are let down that it wasn't some twisty turny thing simply because it didn't spill the beans on everything.

I just think its a sure fire way to ruin films for yourself...when all you do is make up your mind on what the film needs to be years before it comes out instead of going in with an open mind. But I guess it comes with the territory.
I don't really think there is much negativity. People have their preferences, hopes and concerns, and they are discussing them. That's the way forums like this are supposed to function, really.

I don't think people are being negative. I see it as being realistic. We don't know exactly how this movie is going to turn out, but there are things we can assume based purely on what we already know. It doesn't matter if the movie is still a few years out. The fact is there are a lot of people - myself included - who don't believe WB took the time to lay down the proper foundation for this movie to be as strong as it possibly could. This movie is something that's been anticipated for years and years. Long awaited was the day where Superman and Batman finally come together for the big screen. I'm sorry, you just don't get another shot at something like this. It's not important that it gets done, what's important is that it gets done right.

Not only that, but we've all been spoiled by Marvel. We've already seen what can be accomplished when a crossover is done right, and boy what a sight to behold it was. The Avengers simply wouldn't have been the same had it been released right after the first Iron Man movie. But by laying the groundwork for these characters separate from one another, and by exploring their worlds individually through each solo film... it allowed for The Avengers to tell the best possible story it could without being dragged down by the weight of unfamiliar characters. Instead you already knew the characters so all that movie had to do was tell an Avengers story... not a Captain America story or a Thor story. The solo films acted as building blocks towards that eventual climax. That's what made that movie such an event.

I'm sorry, but this announcement just doesn't pack that same punch no matter how iconic these characters are and no matter how awesome it's going to be to see them together. This should feel like the meeting of two giants. Instead we have a Superman who's barely even Superman yet and a Batman who we don't know a damn thing about. It's just not the same. It also implies that somehow Batman is necessary to the mythology of Superman when that's simply not the case.

Had this film been announced for a release circa 2017, after a MOS sequel in 2015 and a Batman reboot solo film in 2016. Then I can assure you the reaction would have been overwhelmingly positive.

I don't agree with this. We won't know if it gets done right until the movie comes out. Yes Marvel has done a better job at this but they also did the same things that Batman/Superman is doing. Black Widow was in IM2 as was War machine . Hawkeye (briefly) was in Thor.
So why was this ok for Marvel and now not ok for WB?
A Batman reboot solo film is a bad thing to be announcing right now. People are still in love with the Nolan stuff. It's coming but it's not needed before a Superman/Batman team up or a JL movie.
This is the right move for WB as it gives them a big lead up to a big event movie. Not everything has to be done the Marvel way.

While I enjoyed MoS, I wasn't too excited for the sequel until now. This news makes me pretty giddy. I know a lot of fans would rather see Superman develop on his own in a sequel, but I don't see any reason why that can't still happen. On the other hand, Superman/Batman supporting characters may not fare so well. I can live with that though. I think a lot of it comes down to Batman's starting point as a character.

I think Batman/Bruce Wayne and his suit are the only things from Gotham which should be in the movie. No Batman supporting characters now. If people warm up to the new Batman maybe do a solo reboot film entirely devoted to him. We are already getting the Superman supporting characters in the form of Martha Kent, Perry White and most importantly Lois Lane back in the movie. I don't see many scenes with Martha and Perry, maybe a Daily Planet scene for the latter but that's it. Lois on the other hand must have a more fleshed out relationship with Clark.

Joe Manganiello just seems like a *****e. I'm sorry. He's just too much *****e for Batman.

He's also 6' 5"....tack ears onto that and he's almost a foot taller than Cavill.

Manganiello is a big comicbook geek. He was really great on the Nerdist podcast. He can physically fit Batman, but would be an awful Bruce Wayne.

Manganiello is Sabretooth. No question. :o

Really? I thought he was Hawkman. :o

You mean the one who slept with She-Hulk, who didn't sleep with the Juggernaut. :o

Yup, that guy.

sO6qqDq.jpg

Do you know what would be awesome? Cavill's Superman meeting Supermen from other dimensions played by Cage, Hartnett, Bomer...

quite possibly the best fan made trailer I seen

I don't agree with this. We won't know if it gets done right until the movie comes out. Yes Marvel has done a better job at this but they also did the same things that Batman/Superman is doing. Black Widow was in IM2 as was War machine . Hawkeye (briefly) was in Thor.
So why was this ok for Marvel and now not ok for WB?
A Batman reboot solo film is a bad thing to be announcing right now. People are still in love with the Nolan stuff. It's coming but it's not needed before a Superman/Batman team up or a JL movie.
This is the right move for WB as it gives them a big lead up to a big event movie. Not everything has to be done the Marvel way.

Black Widow in an Iron Man movie =/= Batman in a Superman movie. :huh:
That's a very bizarre comparison.

quite possibly the best fan made trailer I seen

THAT was ****ing amazing. :up: :up: :up:

That's exactly the type of thing I want to see in the Batman/Superman movie. ****ing brilliant. God, I would love that. Joker and Luthor for sure. :up:

(Also reminds me of how much I liked Routh as Superman...I also liked Cavill a lot. It's okay to like both)

Joker and Luthor alone are about as big as any Avenger. Combine that with BATMAN and SUPERMAN, = BIGGER THAN AVENGERS.

Last edited:
Did you actually see the Comic-Con announcement?

If Henry Cavill had any appreciation for the character he wouldn't ever go with the Superman seen in that novel.

I want an All New Batman, one where we see something totally different. Not the walking internet joke known as Christian Bale's Batman. For once I want to see Superman beat Batman in some aspect, I want to see Batman proven wrong and humbled for once.

You'd have to be a damn fool to think that's close to accurate.

I like Tyler Hoechlin for Batman. I think he could do it, right height and age and looks the part. I'd be okay with him. :up:

The idea of Liam McIntyre being on the shortlist for Batman is growing on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"