mp5Or1q.jpg

Amy Adams as Lois Lane

3EhVEye.jpg

Alan Rickman as Alfred Pennyworth

Yzbj4DA.jpg

Bryan Cranston as Jim Gordon

9lGqs07.jpg

Michael Madsen as Harvey Bullock
You and I have pretty much the same cast. Well, most of the time we do!

All of those names are my choices as well. Some have backups. Like Madsen OR Dean Norris for Bullock. Bardem for Joker or Vandal Savage. Rickman/Daulton/Brosnan for Alfred. Brolin/McConaughey for Lex.

Right now im thinking Manganiello or Bomer will get Batman.

Joe Manganiello just seems like a *****e. I'm sorry. He's just too much *****e for Batman.

He's also 6' 5"....tack ears onto that and he's almost a foot taller than Cavill.

You and I have pretty much the same cast. Well, most of the time we do!

All of those names are my choices as well. Some have backups. Like Madsen OR Dean Norris for Bullock. Bardem for Joker or Vandal Savage. Rickman/Daulton/Brosnan for Alfred. Brolin/McConaughey for Lex.

Right now im thinking Manganiello or Bomer will get Batman.

Bahaha all the backup names are spot on too. Before posting my cast, I thought of those guys for each role too, I'd be more than happy with the ideas you suggest too.

This is so exciting to have a new Batman universe to anticipate, i havent been this excited since pre 2005. I can't wait to see who is cast as the new Batman, Joker, Gordon, and Alfred

Kevin Smith- I kinda get the *****e vibe that you're getting, but Bruce is a bit of a *****e though right? Playboy Bruce at least, but Joe Manganiello has shown he can do an awesome, intimidating, commanding, heroic Batman based on the scenes of him as Alcide in True Blood I've seen. And once his face is under the mask, all that will matter is his chin, eyes and voice, and his voice is pretty spot on for Batman.

I've realized the Batman voice is very important to casting the character. Ryan Gosling would do some parts of Batman well, and he is one of my favorite actors right now, but because of his voice, I can't see him as an imposing Batman. Michael Fassbender wouldn't have that imposing of a Batman voice either.Honestly Joe Manganiello could give us a voice closer to Kevin Conroy than Fass or Gosling could give

Last edited:
So we all agree, Liam McIntyre will be Bruce. :p

Joe Manganiello just seems like a *****e. I'm sorry. He's just too much *****e for Batman.

He's also 6' 5"....tack ears onto that and he's almost a foot taller than Cavill.
I agree with you but I still think he's going to be a choice. Zack almost cast him as Superman. A *****ey Superman is more controversial and less fitting than a *****ey Batman.

I agree with you but I still think he's going to be a choice. Zack almost cast him as Superman. A *****ey Superman is more controversial and less fitting than a *****ey Batman.

I mean *****ey in that like frat boy "dude your mom is hot!" kind of way.

If someone knows of anything that could "turn me on" to him, that'd be great. Because right now all I can see is Flash Thompson as Batman....or the *****ey guy-from-True-Blood-who-was-Flash-Thomson-in-Spider-Man-but-now-he-has-a-beard as Batman. :doh:

I'd like to think though that there are in fact some other unknowns out there that we HAVEN'T heard of that perhaps the studios have access to that we don't. I'd like to think they have greater resources than we here on the boards...because I am not thrilled with most the names that have been thrown out. :-/

Kevin Smith- I kinda get the *****e vibe that you're getting, but Bruce is a bit of a *****e though right? Playboy Bruce at least, but Joe Manganiello has shown he can do an awesome, intimidating, commanding, heroic Batman based on the scenes of him as Alcide in True Blood I've seen. And once his face is under the mask, all that will matter is his chin, eyes and voice, and his voice is pretty spot on for Batman.

Yeah, but Bruce is pretending to be a *****e, and he's not a sophomoric one, he's a stuck up spoiled billionaire who's daft and "disinterested" in everything because he's spoiled and can get and do whatever he wants, more of a pretentious *****e than a Stifler kind of guy, and the latter is all I get from Manganiello. We don't want to buy Bruce as a *****e first and foremost (like Joe Manganiello), it needs to be an act of his.

Joe Manganiello is "commanding", but in more of a football quarterback kind of way, I don't buy him as a calculating, smart guy, which is what Bruce is first and foremost. Keaton and Bale I buy as that, even Clooney somewhat given his age. But I don't see that in Manganiello at all. They need more of an "intellectual" type for Batman, IMO, for lack of a better word, and then just beef his ass up. (I've also found that most of the brighter actors usually give better performances, Keaton, Bale... Cavill, Reeve > Welling, Routh....just saying (not that Routh was terrible, Singer was, but we all know how that went))

Last edited:
While I loved MOS, I thought I'd be more excited when I heard the news of a World's Finest movie. I finally figured out whats bugging me about it.

In the comics and the cartoons, the dynamic between hopeful optimist Superman and suspicious pessimistic Batman is what made the two appearing together so fascinating. But in MOS Clark displayed none of his usual traits characteristics. I thought we'd see him develop those in sequels before he teamed up with other heroes, especially Batman. At this point in his development it feels like Clark is too similar to Bruce.

Anyone else feel the same?

Last edited:
I get where you're coming from.

Clark: "I had a troubled childhood"

Bruce: "I had a troubled childhood"

Clark: "Well...I killed an enemy of mine"

Bruce: "Oh yeah, I know what you mean...I had to let one of mine die"

Clark: "No, I killed him"

Bruce: "Yeah, I...wait, wha-?"

Clark: "Yeah..."

Bruce: "You mean like..."

Clark: "I broke his neck"

Bruce: "Sh**!"

:hehe:

Last edited:
I get where you're coming from.

Clark: "I had a troubled childhood"

Bruce: "I had a troubled childhood"

Clark: "Well...I killed an enemy of mine"

Bruce: "Oh yeah I know what you mean...I had to let one of mine die"

Clark: "No, I killed him"

Bruce: "Yeah, I...wait, wha-?"

Clark: "Yeah..."

Bruce: "You mean like..."

Clark: "I broke his neck"

Bruce: "Sh**!"

:hehe:

Clark - 'the 4 innocents could have ducked under the beam at any time but I simply had no choice, Zod had to die'

Regarding Supergirl castings...

In Man of Steel, Supergirl was born thousands of years before Clark Kent was born. I would really hope that they would avoid finding her, still alive, in a block of ice or something.

Besides, I HATE DC's reliance on copycat characters...the movie universe should avoid this at all costs. The general audience will find it stupid, because it is. Marvel is actively looking to do films that add something unique to their universe. It would be moronic of WB to fill their movies with Supergirls, Superboys, Batgirls, Kid Flashes, Wonder Girls etc etc etc etc...because it shows that their characters really aren't all that unique.

To be fair, Christian bale is also a bit of a um, *****e (god I hate that word) and things turned out ok there

Here's a list of some names that have been thrown around that I DON'T want to see as Batman, or in ANY DC film for that matter:

Puke Evans
Matt *****
Arm & Hammer
Ian Somerhalder
Joe Magnananganalielleoiello

And bad but not as bad so in their own category because of that:

Wes Bentley
Liam Mcintyre
:up:

4jH49QI.png

Joe Manganiello as Batman
:barf:

I mean *****ey in that like frat boy "dude your mom is hot!" kind of way.

If someone knows of anything that could "turn me on" to him, that'd be great. Because right now all I can see is Flash Thompson as Batman....or the *****ey guy-from-True-Blood-who-was-Flash-Thomson-in-Spider-Man-but-now-he-has-a-beard as Batman. :doh:

I'd like to think though that there are in fact some other unknowns out there that we HAVEN'T heard of that perhaps the studios have access to that we don't. I'd like to think they have greater resources than we here on the boards...because I am not thrilled with most the names that have been thrown out. :-/
I agree, there are few compelling choices for the role, and no obvious ones. Bruce Wayne/Batman should connote a sense of vulnerability with which we empathize, as well as being the strong, silent and intimidating type. Bale doesn't receive enough credit for being able to provide this, and it is the reason why, first and foremost, we need a great actor. Greasy hair, abs and a suntan do not really hit all the key criteria.

So by the looks of things Superman and Batman will indeed fight onscreen ala Frank Miller's idiotic mid-life crisis novel. :/ I really don't want Superman to become Batman's ***** after what we saw in Man of Steel. It just seems like an unnatural progression and it just undoes everything in the last film. That Superman is a parody and nothing like the character, and if Henry Cavill would allow that character to sink to that level, he would lose me as a fan.

I want something new with this Batman/Bruce Wayne, nothing like the Batman we've seen before please. I want to deconstruct views the "too young and too dumb Batman fans" that tick everyone off have in the words of AngryJoe in:

[YT]7gjySvkabZI[/YT]

No more walking internet jokes please. And let Superman show who's boss around here.

Last edited:
Why are people thinking that this is a Superman VERSUS Batman movie???

Sorry this is NOT a Jason vs. Freddy movie.

Sure they will have their first disagreement like Thor vs. Ironman BUT people on Yahoo are actually thinking that the villain on this movie is Batman.

So by the looks of things Superman and Batman will indeed fight onscreen ala Frank Miller's idiotic mid-life crisis novel. :/ I really don't want Superman to become Batman's ***** after what we saw in Man of Steel. It just seems like an unnatural progression and it just undoes everything in the last film. That Superman is a parody and nothing like the character, and if Henry Cavill would allow that character to sink to that level, he would lose me as a fan.

I want something new with this Batman/Bruce Wayne, nothing like the Batman we've seen before please. I want to deconstruct views the "too young and too dumb Batman fans" that tick everyone off have in the words of AngryJoe in:

[YT]7gjySvkabZI[/YT]

...Huh?

Batman and Superman team up a thousand times for every time they have fought. I don't see any suggestion that this has anything to do with The Dark Knight Returns, in which Superman only had a tiny part anyway.

Why do you think Henry Cavill has any influence over the script, anyway?

No more walking internet jokes please. And let Superman show who's boos around here.
What?

...Huh?

Batman and Superman team up a thousand times for every time they have fought. I don't see any suggestion that this has anything to do with The Dark Knight Returns, in which Superman only had a tiny part anyway.

Why do you think Henry Cavill has any influence over the script, anyway?

What?

Did you actually see the Comic-Con announcement?

If Henry Cavill had any appreciation for the character he wouldn't ever go with the Superman seen in that novel.

I want an All New Batman, one where we see something totally different. Not the walking internet joke known as Christian Bale's Batman. For once I want to see Superman beat Batman in some aspect, I want to see Batman proven wrong and humbled for once.

Last edited:
A quote from Returns was read out, but it was made clear that the movie would not be an adaptation of that comic. It couldn't be, anyway, because that story was used heavily in Rises. I imagine that some friction between the two characters will be an important part of the movie, but I don't understand what you're afraid of. I find the "who would win" mentality, in assessing the strength of these characters, to be absurd.

Do you really object to Returns just because Batman used every trick in the book to fight Superman to a standstill?

A quote from Returns was read out, but it was made clear that the movie would not be an adaptation of that comic. It couldn't be, anyway, because that story was used heavily in Rises. I imagine that some friction between the two characters will be an important part of the movie, but I don't understand what you're afraid of. I find the "who would win" mentality, in assessing the strength of these characters, to be absurd.

Do you really object to Returns just because Batman used every trick in the book to fight Superman to a standstill?

No, I just share the same sentiments as AngryJoe here in both videos:

[YT]7gjySvkabZI[/YT]

[YT]L43JaaWcT-M[/YT]

I do understand his concerns, but I think you might both be underestimating the sense of stewardship that is probably felt towards both characters by WB. The problem, for me, is trying to find a new Batman in an absence of strong candidates, but I don't feel too worried that Superman will be "disrespected" in some way.

Edit: you should take that down, though, as it is ridden with profanity.

It's not using the story of TDKReturns as inspiration. It's using the concept of Batman and Superman in a conflict as inspiration. Superman will be written differently, their ages will be different, different plot, etc. Because that's what true inspiration is. Not copying something, but being inspired then spinning it around to make a new version. :doh: use your heads guys.

Why are people thinking that this is a Superman VERSUS Batman movie???

Sorry this is NOT a Jason vs. Freddy movie.

Sure they will have their first disagreement like Thor vs. Ironman BUT people on Yahoo are actually thinking that the villain on this movie is Batman.
Lex is the villain but im pretty sure this IS closer to a Batman versus Superman movie than a solo film featuring Batman in a few key scenes or a team-up of the two.

To be fair, Christian bale is also a bit of a um, *****e (god I hate that word) and things turned out ok there

Yeah, but Christian Bale is a different TYPE of *****e than Joe Manganiello. Manganiello is a sophomoric *****e you'd find on a beach with a little necklace on, Bale is a "pretentious", "snobbish", more rich guy type *****e....the "classy" *****e, closer to his character Patrick Bateman in American Psycho...THAT kind of *****e, which is much closer to the kind of *****e Bruce Wayne pretends to be for his public image, and Joe Manganiello is closer to the Flash Thompson type *****e who always calls you by your last name that he played in Spider-Man.

:up:

:barf:

I agree, there are few compelling choices for the role, and no obvious ones. Bruce Wayne/Batman should connote a sense of vulnerability with which we empathize, as well as being the strong, silent and intimidating type. Bale doesn't receive enough credit for being able to provide this, and it is the reason why, first and foremost, we need a great actor. Greasy hair, abs and a suntan do not really hit all the key criteria.

:up: :up:

Right there with ya.

Why is everybody freaking out over something they have absolutely no clue about? The film was just. freaking. announced. It's rampant speculation like this that needs to stop. "I bet this and this is gonna happen. I bet they do this. I don't want them to do that. Man, this movie is gonna have this and that and then do this, screw that."

Come on people, calm the hell down.

It's rampant speculation like this that needs to stop. "I bet this and this is gonna happen. I bet they do this. I don't want them to do that. Man, this movie is gonna have this and that and then do this, screw that."
Why do you think such discussion is inappropriate for a message board focusing on upcoming Superhero movies, and how do you think this board could be put to better use?

Yeaaah but we cant help it because Batman will be cast in a matter of months. They start shooting early next year probably. This is the fun of being on the boards. Speculation once a movie is announced and theyre about to go into production. It's the reason why I signed up to this forum.

I had such a blast following TDK and TDKR and to a much lesser extent, MOS. Now ill be speculating like a madman with this Batman/Superman movie. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"