The Dark Knight Rises Christian Bale's Batman Audition Tape

Yeah Nolan didn't have to over-do it but seriously...Bats was exhausted and just got beaten with a pipe or whatever to the ribs like 20 times over. Especially with that suit, the sides don't protect as much as the older one he had. He couldn't exactly pull a "Bane/Talia stabbing scene" and drop the voice entirely because Joker can't know who Batman is.

Whatever the case, the voice cannot induce laugh. That just doesn't work.

I rewatched the tape again and found myself wishing that Amy Adams had been cast as Rachel, instead of Holmes.

Ah, if only.

Uhlpytr.jpg

The crew must have burst out laughing after Bale did this scene where he looks straight into the camera and say's "I'm Batman"

Awesome! Wish we could see all of the other Batman/Bruce Wayne screentests for Begins. Bale actually looks pretty good in the sonar suit. :D

Awesome! Wish we could see all of the other Batman/Bruce Wayne screentests for Begins. Bale actually looks pretty good in the sonar suit. :D
They show Christian Bale, Cillian Murphy, and Eion Bailey. You get to see the Batman/Bruce Wayne screentests for all three. Bailey was absolutely terrible!!

Ah, sweet. Would have liked to have see Gyllenhaal's too, seeing as Goyer was raving about him and said it pretty much came down to him and Bale.

Watching this footage over and over again kinda makes me miss Bales Batman more than I thought I did recently, he sounds and looks perfect there to me.

Bale is the king. It kind of disappoints me now that I think of it, that Affleck was just given the role. Not that I don't think he can do awesome, but it's like they gave it to him because of his name and how he'll probably direct a Batman movie for WB. Not because he actually pulled off a killer audition amongst other names.

People get roles all the time like that. Did you hate it that Ledger and Hardy were just "given the role"?

Watching this footage over and over again kinda makes me miss Bales Batman more than I thought I did recently, he sounds and looks perfect there to me.

Bale really was perfect for Nolan's Batman. I can't picture any other actor in the role; it had to be him.

Even then he had the abrupt exiting out of frame down pat.

People get roles all the time like that. Did you hate it that Ledger and Hardy were just "given the role"?
Yeah, TDK's script wasn't even finished when Ledger got the part, was it? :funny:

Agreed. The voice, the mannerisms it's all there from the beginning.

It's like stepping in time and watching history being made

And now, Cillian Murphy as Bruce Wayne/Batman

Photos only. Full audition will be released when the trilogy boxset comes out

8vF5D3J.png

k6tqTDK.jpg

A really left field choice. I'd buy the set just to see this audition since it's so out there. He looks really skinny.

These are just awesome to see.

He doesn't look that bad in the Batsuit, but he looks a bit off as Bruce.

He's way too thin there, and I don't know if he would be able to bulk up. He's just naturally thin. But that should be cool to see. He definitely looks more like a villain there. I think even if Riddler was the villain for the movie, Cillian would have been considered. Im glad he ended up playing a Batman villain.

Eion Bailey's audition sucked. but i actually loved Cillian Murphy's. Very impressive, his Batman voice was fantastic

Eion Bailey's audition sucked. but i actually loved Cillian Murphy's. Very impressive, his Batman voice was fantastic

Eion's was hysterical. The guy is a decent actor , but he was just wrong for this part. He's much more Clark Kent imo, which he was rumored to be up for years ago I think.

Bailey's was so bad hahaha. Cillian's was surprisingly awesome. He doesn't have the look at all but the performance and voice was great. Great choice for Scarecrow.

Bailey's chin reminded me of Ben's and Casey's. But man was he BAAAADDD. The "swear to me" part killed me. :lmao: Cillian was ok but they did right with Bale.

He looks like Casey Affleck and the swear to me part made me laugh out loud. REALLY loud! George Clooney all over again.

Bailey's was so bad hahaha. Cillian's was surprisingly awesome. He doesn't have the look at all but the performance and voice was great. Great choice for Scarecrow.
I didn't think Eion was baaad bad bad. Just meh. But Batman needs more than meh. :cwink:

I agree that Cillian's screentest was surprisingly awesome, even in just those few seconds!

But Bale was so perfect. :hrt: I miss him already. :waa:

I didn't think Eion was baaad bad bad. Just meh. But Batman needs more than meh. :cwink:

I agree that Cillian's screentest was surprisingly awesome, even in just those few seconds!

But Bale was so perfect. :hrt: I miss him already. :waa:
I totally agree. Im down for Affleck but I can see him doing a similar screentest for Batman and coming off mediocre in comparison. I really miss Bale now that im seeing more of these clips. :waa:

Seeing all these stuff is reminding me of why I love this trilogy. I appreciate and understand it being self contained but I wish we had more.

Eh, I understand missing Bale but he isn't Hugh Jackman, he didn't want to play a superhero forever. I somewhat miss him because I'm used to him playing the character. I think he's happier doing smaller non hot guys roles though.

Eh, I understand missing Bale but he isn't Hugh Jackman, he didn't want to play a superhero forever. I somewhat miss him because I'm used to him playing the character. I think he's happier doing smaller non hot guys roles though.
Well, even though I miss him, I don't exactly want him back. :oldrazz: The trilogy is over, and I'm glad Nolan and Co got to do what they wanted to do with it, instead of drawing it out and jumping the shark along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"